Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sourcing the .bashrc
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sourcing the .bashrc Post 302199708 by hifake on Tuesday 27th of May 2008 05:23:54 PM
Old 05-27-2008
try these... one of these should work

pmv='/home/vera/MGLTools-1.4.5/share/bin/pmv'

alias pmv '/home/vera/MGLTools-1.4.5/share/bin/pmv'

pmv '/home/vera/MGLTools-1.4.5/share/bin/pmv'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

arguments in sourcing file

Hello ! I want to make a script like that. #!/bin/csh -f setenv toto me setenv titi you setenv tata $1 in which tata is visible outside the script, after sourcing this script. It seems that you can only do source script and not source script arg How can I do that ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nathe
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh remote command not sourcing bashrc

Hi, WHen I login to the host using ssh, it sources bash_profile then bashrc file, and reads in my path and other variables. But when I want to execute a command remotely, it is not sourcing my bash_profile or bashrc files and I dont get the env I want. THis is causing a lot of problems. HOw... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sardare
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Nested Sourcing files.

Hi, I have a script #!/bin/ksh #reading parameters. . FileA Echo ...... ...... File A has all parameters. FileA: Infile=xyz.com outfile=abc.com #Userid file . FileB FileB: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sourcing .profile for other users

Hi Team, Thank you for your time. i have a situation where the user IDs of the applicatio users have been locked down to Read only. Hence I am writing a script to invoke their old .profile every time they login. My problem is : when i run . $userpath/.profile from within the ksh script... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitha111
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

switch user (su) not sourcing the profile

Usually in solaris/Linux servers , when you do an su - username (space before and after the hyphen) the user's .profile should get sourced. But in the below linux machine it is not. As you see below ORACLE_HOME variable is not being set. # uname -a Linux revaltb214 2.6.18-238.el5 #1 SMP Sun... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

Crontab sourcing PATH?

Hi, Im trying to run script A which requires path /sbin. I have a crontab entry to run script A every 10 minutes. Script A is executed fine by cron, but because script A requires /sbin in its path it fails to run. My situation is script A get overwritten from time to time so I can't modify... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonee
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sourcing as root automatically

Hey everyone! I have my .bash_profile file which is read automatically when I launch Terminal therefore I can run my own functions. BUT. When I do: sudo -s sudo su sudo su - No matter what I do, I can't get the .bash_profile file to be sourced automatically so I end up having to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dasx
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sourcing variables from another script

My manager required that i keep the hostnames and username and password in a separate file when creating my sftp script. (Don't mention passwords and sftp...I've talk to him about this several times) I have a list of hostnames that have to be read in a loop in my main script. I don't know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MJCreations
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question On Sourcing Variables

I have 2 scripts first script would call second script. test1.sh #!/bin/bash logfile=`basename $0`.log echo "First File" >> $logfile TIME=`ls -lu array.ksh | awk '{print $6" "$7" "$8}'` . /home/infrmtca/bin/Test/test2.sh #/home/infrmtca/bin/Test/test2.sh test2.sh #!/bin/bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with sourcing a file

I have a issue.sh script more issue.sh #!/bin/bash -e echo "start" source ~/.moht echo "end" Contents of ~/.moht are as below more ~/.moht umask 022 export EDITOR=vi SYSNM=`uname -n` UID=`id` HOST=`hostname` Executing of issue.sh throws the below error (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
TOURNEY-MANAGER(6)						     games(6)							TOURNEY-MANAGER(6)

NAME
tourney-manager - perl interface to run chess engine tourneys SYNOPSIS
tourney-manager configfiles DESCRIPTION
tourney-manager helps you to run chess engine tournaments easyly. Running Tournaments: 1. Create a directory in which the tourneymanager can put all his temporary files, configuration and results. 2. Then create the configuration files. Look at /usr/share/doc/tourney-manager/example.conf which is supplied along with the tourney man- ager. Copy this to the tourney directory,it is rather well commented. More tuning has to be done to specify non standard chess engines. The example-engine.conf has some standard engines set. The settings have to be tuned according your system. Example for an UCI engine: example-engines.conf: engine = Glaurung2 bin = /home/username/chess/tourney/glau.sh glau.sh: #!/bin/bash /usr/games/polyglot /home/username/chess/tourney/glaurung.ini glaurung.ini: [PolyGlot] EngineDir = . EngineCommand = /usr/games/glaurung Log = false LogFile = glaurung.log Resign = true ResignScore = 600 [Engine] Hash = 64 OwnBook = false Threads = 1 3. Start the tourney manager tourney-manager The tourney manager uses an interactive command shell. To start up quickly,the following sequence of commands should be enough: create print start Help about commands is available by 'help' and 'help <command>'. OPTIONS
This program just takes the configfile as an option. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/tourney-manager/example.conf, and /usr/share/doc/tourney-manager/example-engines.conf. AUTHOR
tourney-manager was written by Holger Ruckdeschel <holger@hoicher.de>. This manual page was written by Oliver Korff <ok@xynyx.de>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Oliver Korff July 12, 2006 TOURNEY-MANAGER(6)