Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SFTP - Pass password auti
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SFTP - Pass password auti Post 302199337 by ironmask2004 on Monday 26th of May 2008 02:58:32 PM
Old 05-26-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullz26
It's sun 9. When i am trying for sftp it's asking for password, thats should generate through script.

Please help me guys.
Read This:
How can I automate an SFTP transfer between two servers? - Ask Leo!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pass the password to SU??

hi, i have a lot of su in my script. and it keeps asking for a password every single time. how can i pass the password to su command? any setup i need to do? i used a redirect, not working. su -username - c "command" < "password" thanks for any help! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikoyski
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass a password to an application

Hi folks I am new to shellscripting and I try to automate & guify some jobs. Suppose I have a variable the stores a passwd and an application like "gpg" or "zip" to run from withn the script. how do I pass that passwd (the content of the variable) to the application being called? eg. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: latenite
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass variable to SFTP

Hi All, I am using SFTP command to transfer the file. SRC=`pwd` DIG=123 /bin/sftp -B /dev/stdin xyz@abc.net <<:: mput ${SRC}/GGG.${DIG}.tar.gz bye :: The problem is, after entring into sftp command, it is not taking variable values of SRC and DIG. can someone help me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass root password through script

I have several clients (over 120) connected to my server. I want to push some patch to all the client using a script which copies the file from the server to a specific path on the client and then installs it. But for installation of the patch, it needs to be done thorough root login on client.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahdeo
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass decrypted password to script

Hi Everybody, I am trying to write a script (ksh) to connect to oracle db via sqlplus. As I do not want the password to be in plain text, I've tried to use java to encrypt and decrypt it but I am not sure how can I pass the decrypted password to the script. Pls advise. Below is what I would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nick1971
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to an sftp script??

hi, Is it possible to pass arguments to a sftp script and use those arguments in the program? for example sftp_script FILENAME=$1 #!/usr/bin/expect spawn /usr/bin/sftp abc@ftp.abc.com expect "abc@ftp.abc.com's password:" send "pass\r" expect "sftp>" send "mput $FILENAME\r"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass an array containing file names to a sftp script?

hi, i want to pass an array parameters to a sftp script so that i can transfer each file in the array to the remote server by connecting only once to the sftp remote server. i thought of using a variable that contains list of file names separated by a space and pass the variable to the sftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP prompting for password even though password is in script

Hi All, I am trying to transfer a file from one server to a remote server using SFTP. Client is not ready for key setup. I am working on Solaris 10. Here is the code. #!/bin/ksh # sample automatic Sftp script to dump a file USER="user1" PASSWORD="pass1" HOST="host1" sftp $USER@$HOST... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass the password to su in shell script

Hello, I am using below command but this is asking for tty c42dba {/home/oracle}: echo sersnp | su -c ggs standard in must be a tty Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass root password with su and command?

Hello, I have list of around 400 devices. I need to restart a service /etc/init.d/psap23.sh in all of them, but it should restart by root only. Those have some other kind of light Linux. There is no sudo package in that and we can't/shouldn't install. Direct root login is not allowed. I login... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)