Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to do postings
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems How to do postings Post 302199155 by SGReddy on Monday 26th of May 2008 03:18:33 AM
Old 05-26-2008
How to do postings

Hi All,

Can you pls help me out on how to do new posting on this forum.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Duplicate postings when following up on a thread

My post count is probably inflated by something like 20% over the last few days, because the site often posts my reply twice when the load is high. Is there something I can do to avoid this? Is there something I should be doing to notify site administrators about the duplicates? I could click on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: era
9 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Change in display of date of postings

I would like to propose to change the display of dates in the postings, which is currently mm-dd-yy. To avoid ambiguity, I would like to propose dd-Mmm-yyyy. Thank you for your anticipated consideration. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
5 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Date stamp on thread postings.

Is it possible to have the actual date shown, instead of phrases like "1 Week Ago", on threads list of postings? If possible, how do I enable that? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Svenus
0 Replies
MODERATORS(5)							File Formats Manual						     MODERATORS(5)

NAME
moderators - mail addresses for moderated Usenet newsgroups DESCRIPTION
The GetModeratorAddress(3) routine reads the file /etc/news/moderators to determine how to reach the moderator of a newsgroup. This is used by inews(1) when an unapproved local posting is made to a moderated newsgroup. The file is read until a match is found. Blank lines and lines starting with a number sign (``#'') are ignored. All other lines should consist of two fields separated by a colon. The first field is a wildmat(3)-style pattern. If it matches the name of the newsgroup, then the second field is taken to be a format string for sprintf(3). This string should have at most one %s parameter, which will be given the name of the newsgroup with periods transliterated to dashes. Here is a sample file: foo.important:announce-request@foo.com foo.*:%s@mailer.foo.com gnu.*:%s@prep.ai.mit.edu *:%s@uunet.uu.net Using the above file, postings to the moderated newsgroup in the left column will be sent to the address shown in the right column: foo.important announce-request@foo.com foo.x.announce foo-x-announce@mailer.foo.com gnu.emacs.sources gnu-emacs-sources@prep.ai.mit.edu comp.sources.unix comp-sources-unix@uunet.uu.net HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.15, dated 1996/09/06. SEE ALSO
inews(1), inn.conf(5), libinn(3), wildmat(3). MODERATORS(5)