Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris 8 with veritas
Operating Systems Solaris solaris 8 with veritas Post 302199152 by Amit Shiknis on Monday 26th of May 2008 03:16:29 AM
Old 05-26-2008
Hi Itik,

VVM commands are almost same on HP and Solaris. vxdiskadm is the command for administration of disk/DG etc.Let me know incase you are looking for specific configuration or command.

Thanks,
Amit Shiknis

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Samba crashes on Solaris with Veritas Cluster

We recently transferred our Samba server to a cluster of two Sun systems running Solaris 9 with Veritas Cluster Server. We used Samba 3.0.7. Since then Samba seems to crash every 2 to 3 days, always around noon. The symptoms are that at first people who are connected lose the ability to access... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhfrommn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

veritas vol manager solaris/linux

Hi experts, I am a junior linux admin with minimal knowledge of solaris. I have to know veritas vol manager for interviews. Got documentation of ver vol man for administrators (for both solaris and linux) . which one should I study? 1. from interview success perspective 2. job... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikasdh
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Does Veritas Cluster work with IPMP on Solaris 10?

Does Veritas Cluster work with IPMP on Solaris 10? If anyone has set it up do you have a doc or tips? I have heard several different statements ranging from , not working at all to Yes it works! Great How? * Test and Base IPs???? * configure the MultiNICB agent ? I can give details... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dfezz1
1 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

Veritas Cluster for Solaris x86?

Hi, Anybody know where I can download Veritas Cluster 5.0 for Solaris x86? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Need some E-Labs for solaris 10 & veritas volume manager

Hello friends, I need to test some of the solaris 10 concepts and veritas volume manager.i want to know ,where i get the testing labs or E-labs(online) for this practice.i ready to pay for this labs.pls kindly help me to get the details or website names...Thanks in Advance -Jay (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjay.com
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Undo the Veritas mirroring and update from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10

Hi all I wish to undo the mirroring for root and update the Solaris version from 8 to 10. Since i am lack of knowledge and experience on this, hope you all can help me double check the step and correct me. Existing disk groups details root@leo # vxdg list NAME STATE ID... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Veritas volume manager in solaris.

Can you please let me know the certification code for veritas volume manager in solaris ? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 with Veritas and PowerPath

Hello, I have an issue with veritas volume manager version 5.0 in combination with EMC powerpath version 5.2.0 running on Solaris10(Sparc). This server is fiber connected to a EMC Clariion CX3-40 SAN. This is the situation : Server is a SUN Enterprise M5000 OS = Solaris10 Sparc Veritas... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipke2005
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Need on Veritas filesystem, solaris

Hello Folks, Was wondering if you can help me make the following disk back online, Disk_22 auto - - error I am using Solaris 9 and veritas version 4. Anep (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
6 Replies
CFDPADMIN(1)							 CFDP executables						      CFDPADMIN(1)

NAME
cfdpadmin - ION's CCSDS File Delivery Protocol (CFDP) administration interface SYNOPSIS
cfdpadmin [ commands_filename | . ] DESCRIPTION
cfdpadmin configures, starts, manages, and stops CFDP operations for the local ION node. It operates in response to CFDP configuration commands found in the file commands_filename, if provided; if not, cfdpadmin prints a simple prompt (:) so that the user may type commands directly into standard input. If commands_filename is a period (.), the effect is the same as if a command file containing the single command 'x' were passed to cfdpadmin -- that is, the ION node's cfdpclock task and UT layer service task (nominally bputa) are stopped. The format of commands for commands_filename can be queried from cfdpadmin with the 'h' or '?' commands at the prompt. The commands are documented in cfdprc(5). EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion of CFDP administration. EXAMPLES
cfdpadmin Enter interactive CFDP configuration command entry mode. cfdpadmin host1.cfdprc Execute all configuration commands in host1.cfdprc, then terminate immediately. cfdpadmin . Stop all CFDP operations on the local node. FILES
See cfdprc(5) for details of the CFDP configuration commands. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables apply. DIAGNOSTICS
Note: all ION administration utilities expect source file input to be lines of ASCII text that are NL-delimited. If you edit the cfdprc file on a Windows machine, be sure to use dos2unix to convert it to Unix text format before presenting it to cfdpadmin. Otherwise cfdpadmin will detect syntax errors and will not function satisfactorily. The following diagnostics may be issued to the logfile ion.log: cfdpadmin can't attach to ION. There is no SDR data store for cfdpadmin to use. You should run ionadmin(1) first, to set up an SDR data store for ION. Can't open command file... The commands_filename specified in the command line doesn't exist. Various errors that don't cause cfdpadmin to fail but are noted in the ion.log log file may be caused by improperly formatted commands given at the prompt or in the commands_filename file. Please see cfdprc(5) for details. BUGS
Report bugs to <ion-bugs@korgano.eecs.ohiou.edu> SEE ALSO
cfdprc(5) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 CFDPADMIN(1)