Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How do i remove commas(,) & spaces Post 302199131 by anushree.a on Monday 26th of May 2008 02:39:21 AM
Old 05-26-2008
Hey thanx a ton Jaduks, nua7 & Siba... finally it worked :-) I m very happy...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Removing empty spaces and adding commas

I have a file which contains numbers as follows: 1234 9876 6789 5677 3452 9087 4562 1367 2678 7891 I need to remove the empty spaces and add commas between the numbers like: 1234,9876,6789,5677,3452, 9087,4562,1367,2678,7891 Can anyone tell me the command to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing log files, removing spaces and replace with commas

Hello all i am working on a database to import log files from my systems, but i cannot seem to find the answer. I searched here for a good bit and couldnt peice together what i was looking for. I know you could do this with awk, i just dont know how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: caddyjoe77
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed and replacing white spaces with commas

Dear all, I am in a bit of a quandary. I have 400 text files which I need to edit and output in a very specific way. Here is a sample text file copied from gedit ... The columns will come out a bit messed up but when I cat <file>, it gives a table with six columns (0-28, tot lob vol, vcsf,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonz
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate commas after exporting excel file to csv

Hello everyone I'm new here and this is my first post so first of all I want to say that this is a great forum and I have managed to found most of my answers in these forums : ) So with that I ask you my first question: I have an excel file which I saved as a csv. However the excel file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spunkerspawn
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix remove white spaces/tabs before & after pattern

Hi All, I wanted to know is there any way we can remove white spaces/tabs before & after some pattern { eg. before & after "," }. Please find below sample data below, Sat Jul 23 16:10:03 EDT 2011 , 12345678 , PROD , xyz_2345677 , testuuyt , ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove commas if touching any letters

I have a csv file that I am trying to edit. I need to remove any comma that is touching a letter. I used this command to find them. grep , moz_places_good.csv | head -n 10 | grep ,I would think I could use some form of this to just delete the commas and not the letter before it. Just not sure... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove leading commas in the file

Hi , I have a file with below records 965382,10310858,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 767010,10217614,3,10217616,10217622,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vputtas@gmail.c
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove quotes and commas from field

In the attached file I am trying to remove all the "" and , (quotes and commas) from $2 and $3 and the "" (quotes) from $4. I tried the below as a start: awk -F"|" '{gsub(/\,/,X,$2)} 1' OFS="\t" enhancer.txt > comma.txt Thank you :). (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove rows containing commas with awk

Hello everyone, I have a dataset that looks something like: 1 3 2 2 3 4,5 4 3:9 5 5,9 6 5:6 I need to remove the rows that contain a comma in the second column and I'm not sure how to go about this. Here is an attempt. awk 'BEGIN {FS=" "} { if ($2!==,) print }'Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rabu
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file?

how to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file Input file format "Server1","server-PRI-Windows","PRI-VC01","Microsoft Windows Server 2012, (64-bit)","Powered On","1,696.12","server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R013,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R031,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R023"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
5 Replies
help(1m)																  help(1m)

NAME
help - Displays a list of commands or the options of a specified command SYNOPSIS
rpccp help [rpccp-command] ARGUMENTS
Specifies one of the following control commands: DESCRIPTION
The help command displays information about the RPCCP command set or the options and argument associated with a specific command. NOTE
This command may be replaced in future releases by the dcecp command, and may no longer be supported at that time. EXAMPLES
The following command operates from the system prompt to display the internal commands of the control program: $ rpccp help The following commands start the control program and display the syntax of the remove entry command: $ rpccp rpccp> help remove entry RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: add element(1m), add entry(1m), add member(1m), export(1m), import(1m), remove element(1m), remove entry(1m), remove group(1m), remove mapping(1m), remove member(1m), remove profile(1m), rpccp(1m), show entry(1m), show group(1m), show mapping(1m), show profile(1m), show server(1m), unexport(1m) help(1m)