Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to generate html file using script? Post 302199091 by scarfake on Sunday 25th of May 2008 11:10:18 PM
Old 05-26-2008
sure this is possible but without any sample input data and wished output format nobody will help you in this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate report in HTML file from Oracle DB

Hi Team, I need a suggestion/comments for my below requirement. I have a procedure which performs some DDL operations & loads data into a Oracle table. This status contains Audit data. What i wanted to do is, once the procedure is completed (daily), shell script should retrive the data from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - help needed for creating a script to generate xml file from text file

Dear Members, I have a table in Oracle DB and one of its column name is INFO which has data in text format which we need to fetch in a script and create an xml file of a new table from the input. The contents of a single cell of INFO column is like: Area:app - aam Clean Up Criteria:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate csv file

Hello; I need to generate a csv file that contains a list of all the files in a particular server (from the root directory ie: \) that have a permission stamp of 777. I would like to create the csv so that it contains the following: server name, file name, full path name where file exists,... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
17 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to generate html reports through LINUX Scripting?

Hi All, I am trying to generate a weekly HTML report using LINUX Scripting. This will have record counts of some files. (like below) touch path/filename.html echo "Weekly Summary Report for Business Date : $P_BUS_DT">path/filename.html export A1=`cat path/filename1.txt |wc -l` echo "A1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script To Generate HTML output

Hello All, I need help here with a script. I have a script here which generates a html output with set of commands and is working fine. Now i want to add a new command/function which would run on all the remote blades and output should be included in this html file. Here is the script ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed script to FTP a File and generate a quality checksum file

hi all i want a script to FTP a file and should generate a quality checksum file means when I FTP a file from one server to another server it should generate a QC file which should contain timestamp,no.of records in that file Thanks in advance saikumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate HTML page from UNIX script out-put?

Hi All. This my first post to this forum, and i assuming it will be best out-of all. I am quite new to Unix scripting so please excuse me for any silly questions - I am trying to create on Unix script in which it telnet to my server, check the connectivity of the server and then it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HHarsh
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need script to generate file.

Hi I have a file "test" with data as below 1,APRIL,NEW,"New market,delhi,pune,India",RECENT, 254664 2,MARCH,OLD,"New Area,Mumbai,UP,India",CURRENT, 152483 So I want a script which provides output as below 1,APRIL,RECENT,254664 2,MARCH,CURRENT,152483 I am aware we can use awk/sed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate HTML output format listing like orasnap

Hi, Is there any UNIX scripts out there that generates a listing output of some sort similar to OraSnap At the moment, I have a script that I run on multiple servers that has multiple databases and just querying the database sizes of those databases. It generates a text files that contains... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate csv file

Dears, I am new in shell world and I need your help in this, I have to create a report based on the output file generated by another program. I want to write a shell script for this. The output file generated every 15 minutes but i can’t open it until the end of day so the script will get the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul2020
3 Replies
esdsample(1)                                                       User Commands                                                      esdsample(1)

NAME
esdsample - play a sample SYNOPSIS
esdsample [-s hostname:port] [-b] [-d] [-e] [-h] [-m] [-r freq] samplename DESCRIPTION
The esdsample utility plays a sample using the Enlighted Sound Daemon (esd). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s hostname:portContact the esd server on hostname at port. -b Specify that the output should be in 8-bit format. By default, the output is in 16-bit format. -d Play the sample from file as raw data. The default behavior is to read the data from a sound file (.wav, .au, and so on). If this option is chosen, samplename is the name of a file. -e Play the sample from the esd cache. If this option is chosen, samplename is the name of the sample in the cache. -h Display help text, and exit. -m Specify that the output should be in mono format. By default, the output is in stereo format. -r freq Specify that the output rate should be set to freq. By default, the output rate is set to 44.1 kHz. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: samplename The name of the sample to be played. If the -e option is used, samplename is the esd cache name. Otherwise, samplename is a filename. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Playing a sample from a file example% esdsample generic.wav Example 2: Playing a sample from the esd cache example% esdsample -e esdctl:generic.wav (where esdctl:generic.wav is the cache name) EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/esdsample Executable for Enlightened Sound Daemon sound sampler. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-audio | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
esdcat(1), esdmon(1), esdplay(1), esdrec(1), esdctl(1), esd-config(1), libesd(3) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 8 Jan 2003 esdsample(1)