Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: is traceroute a problem?
Operating Systems Solaris is traceroute a problem? Post 302198764 by pupp on Friday 23rd of May 2008 11:08:52 PM
Old 05-24-2008
is btivip02.nat.bt.com a router with NAT enabled?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

traceroute output?

I understand the concept of traceroute - can anyone explain the output to me e.g. 39ms 39ms 39ms are these the times for each trip it takes? Assuming each machine is pinged 3 times. and how does the RTT work? Is this the time it takes from one machine to another because it doesn't look like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: justine petrie
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

will traceroute work for this?

hello all- I am soon to convert a large scale ftp server and my problem is this. There are currently over 50,000 ftp profiles (each one within an individual file) that I need to determine which of the 2 interfaces it is traveling to get to its destination. My plans were that I will loop thru... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedrict
2 Replies

3. Programming

how we can use traceroute

how we can use traceroute in unix c so how we can get the output of traceroute command in c thank u,inadvance sree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

traceroute

Hi, Can any one suggest me an add on feature for the traceroute command. Thanks in advance. Regards, Selvi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvi
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Traceroute problem in solaris

I have following ifconfig -a output on my soalris 10 box # ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 e1000g2361000: flags=201000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,CoS> mtu 1500 inet... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
13 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

traceroute

Good afternoon Can anyone explain traceroutes to me and when it would be necessary/what situations would call one to use it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Traceroute response

I have 20 servers I installed an application to that is returning message " wrong dispatcher or port " when starting agents. They all have the same dispatcher ip and going through the same port number. After verifying there are no application issues, we figured it was firewall related. The Firewall... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HFJ
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Traceroute Query

Hi guys, Quick traceroute query. As part of some research I'm doing I need to send a traceroute to an equal number of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses on the net and basically capture the number of hops, and intermediate IP addresses from the traces. This all needs to be automated as there are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: churchill
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Traceroute

I have some question about traceroute: 1. Can we hide our computer from traceroute? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budiantho_indra
2 Replies
NAT action in tc(8)						       Linux						       NAT action in tc(8)

NAME
nat - stateless native address translation action SYNOPSIS
tc ... action nat DIRECTION OLD NEW DIRECTION := { ingress | egress } OLD := IPV4_ADDR_SPEC NEW := IPV4_ADDR_SPEC IPV4_ADDR_SPEC := { default | any | all | in_addr[/{prefix|netmask}] DESCRIPTION
The nat action allows to perform NAT without the overhead of conntrack, which is desirable if the number of flows or addresses to perform NAT on is large. This action is best used in combination with the u32 filter to allow for efficient lookups of a large number of stateless NAT rules in constant time. OPTIONS
ingress Translate destination addresses, i.e. perform DNAT. egress Translate source addresses, i.e. perform SNAT. OLD Specifies addresses which should be translated. NEW Specifies addresses which OLD should be translated into. NOTES
The accepted address format in OLD and NEW is quite flexible. It may either consist of one of the keywords default, any or all, represent- ing the all-zero IP address or a combination of IP address and netmask or prefix length separated by a slash (/) sign. In any case, the mask (or prefix length) value of OLD is used for NEW as well so that a one-to-one mapping of addresses is assured. Address translation is done using a combination of binary operations. First, the original (source or destination) address is matched against the value of OLD. If the original address fits, the new address is created by taking the leading bits from NEW (defined by the netmask of OLD) and taking the remaining bits from the original address. There is rudimental support for upper layer protocols, namely TCP, UDP and ICMP. While for the first two only checksum recalculation is performed, the action also takes care of embedded IP headers in ICMP packets by translating the respective address therein, too. SEE ALSO
tc(8) iproute2 12 Jan 2015 NAT action in tc(8)