Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem Running Touch From Script Post 302198760 by wrapster on Friday 23rd of May 2008 09:59:50 PM
Old 05-23-2008
I dont see any issues here,esp when you say that the same commands when cut and pasted onto the terminal yield the result...
(Am no expert either!!)

However you could try this to figure out the error you have (if any )in the script...

bash -xv <your script>
This should be a good starting point....

Secondly you could try this...
/usr/bin/touch <your file name>
and see if it works!!!!

would like to know what happens,keep me posted!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem running script remotelly.

Hi, i would like a help with this problem. i have the following situation: 4 workstations SUNs: SunOS porsche 5.8 Generic_117350-18 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100 SunOS jaguar 5.8 Generic_108528-18 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100 SunOS mercedes 5.8 Generic_117350-18 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dougpss
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Running Script

Hi friends, i have written one small script named as "size.sh"..... while running its giving syntax error at line no 2: 'str=$' unexpected. How to run this file ??? please help me. file content is : ----------------------------- #!/bin/sh str=$( df -k | grep /usr/local)... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: samfrance
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem running script

hey, i'm trying to run several processes due 2 loops : the code is: cd ${TIBCO_HOME}/tra/domain/${DOMAIN}/application/ for app_name in ls * do echo $app_name if && && ; then exit else echo $app_name cd $app_name pwd for ps_name in ls *.sh do echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ohadr
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with running the remote script

Hi All, I am running a script which is present on remote machine using ssh command. the remote script is failing when try to load a property file. It says file does not exist. Any idea what should be the problem for this. Thanks Supriya. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: supriyabv
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

K script not running / syntax problem

Hi, I have following K script, that is in rc0.d directory to be run on shutdown. It's linked using the 'ln' command to init.d.Can anyone tell me as to why it's not running, or if i have incorrect syntax?I get: "test: argument expected type=uname -p + " When running it with sh -x ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: darrlaw
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in running a shell script

Hi, I'm trying to run a simple shell script whose contents are pasted below. #!/usr/bin/ksh echo $PATH performbuild { echo "Inside performBuild function" } echo "Main Shell started" performbuild echo "Main Shell ended" DV> ls -ltr total 48 -rwxr-xr-x 1 pb5377 it-ibm ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blp_18
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with crontab running a script

I am trying to use the CRON utility in Fedora 11 & CentOS... I intend to run a script which pops up a warning message every hour and i made the following entry using "CRONTAB -e " * * * * * sh /bin/myscript.sh But this does not seem to be running. Another thing to note is that,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running a program/script in the background from a script

Hi all, I have a script that calls another program/script, xxx, to run in the background. Supposedly this program at most should finish within five (5) minutes so after five (5) minutes, I run some other steps to run the script into completion. My problem is sometimes the program takes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem on running a script

Hi all, Running follow command on terminal; $ glance -T cloudlive -I ubuntu -K ubuntu123 -N \ http://127.0.0.1:5000/v2.0/OpenX add name="cirros" is_public=true \ container_format=ovf disk_format=raw < \ /srv/cirros-0.3.0-x86_64-disk.img It works without problem. Putting it on a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Script problem when running on crontab

Hi guys! I created a backup script that works fine when I run manually, but when I put a crontab job to execute it the result are not the expected. (not a time problem). Here is my script: bash-3.00# cat /bk_tool/backup2.sh #!/usr/bin/csh clear set DIR_HOST='SCP08' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andredemartini
3 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2009-11-23 Test::Script(3)