Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 Wireless Internet - Please help! Post 302198711 by sunpowered on Friday 23rd of May 2008 06:36:37 PM
Old 05-23-2008
I'm sorry, I shouldn't have posted this late, I got this done already, thanks anyway. For anyone looking for a solution, I used:

Code:
wificonfig -i ath0 connect (wireless network name)

Code:
ifconfig ath0 dhcp

And then I changed my /etc/nsswitch.conf file. I changed the line:

hosts: files

to:

hosts: files dns

Oh and don't forget to add your DNS addresses in /etc/resolv.conf

But I would like to know what file I can add commands in, so that Solaris runs them when I boot Solaris. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wireless on Solaris 9.0?

I AM running Solaris 9.0 on old machine (for college UNIX class I'm taking). I have a DLINK DWL-120 USB wireless adapter. IS There anyway I can connect this to my existing home network? I can't seem to locate any drivers for this adapter? Is there something basic I am overlooking? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mheaster
1 Replies

2. Linux

Mandrake 10.0 and wireless internet

I am unable to browse the web from my Mandrake installation I have 2 nics set up, one for the network(eth0) and one for the wireless internet(eth1). eth0 is setup in the 192.168.0.x range (static) eth1 is set up in the 192.168.1.x range (dhcp) both use the same netmask default... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbetzen
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Internet access on Solaris 10 through TATA Indicom Wireless Phone

Hi, I am trying to configure Solaris 10 for Internet Connection. I have a PC (Celeron 1.7Ghz, 512 MB RAM, Gigabyte 8LD Motherboard). The Wireless Telephone Specs are: TATA Indicom Walky. Further product details are as follows ( I did not understand most of what it says. I have given... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priteshugrankar
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Internet access on Solaris 10 through TATA Indicom Wireless Phone

Hi, I am trying to configure Solaris 10 for Internet Connection. I have a PC (Celeron 1.7Ghz, 512 MB RAM, Gigabyte 8LD Motherboard). The Wireless Telephone Specs are: TATA Indicom Walky. Further product details are as follows ( I did not understand most of what it says. I have given it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priteshugrankar
0 Replies

5. Linux

FC4 (KDE) Wireless Internet Help Plz~

I was wondering if someone here would happen to know how to setup a wireless connection with Fedora Core 4. I try to setup the internet options but my wireless adapter doesnt appear on the list... I'm new to fedora, and i never have setup a wireless connection with *nux systems. Any help, or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kyoist
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having wireless Internet problems

I feel like the true definition of a newb but I guess you gotta start somewhere. I installed Gentoo on my laptop yesterday, it's a gnome based environment and I cannot get any wireless internet. The iwconfig and net-setup commands are not being recognized. I'm not sure what the problem is, I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessparkscars
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wireless internet on redhat linux ?

Hi, Could some please help me in configuring wireles internet on redhat linux installed on my laptop. When I booted using windows, I saw the following, which I think is the name of my laptop's wireless card: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection Regards, Girish. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish1428
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi, Could some please help me in configuring wireles internet on redhat linux installed on my laptop. When I booted using windows, I saw the following, which I think is the name of my laptop's wireless card: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection I have run the following steps... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Hi, Could some please help me in configuring wireles internet on redhat linux installed on my laptop. When I booted using windows, I saw the following, which I think is the name of my laptop's wireless card: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection I have run the following steps... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

10. Red Hat

Slow/Erratic wireless internet

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I have a ASUS laptop dualbooted with win7 and f16(Fedora 16). I recently shifted from Ubuntu. Wireless internet is very slow and rather erratic on my laptop only in the case of Linux. On win7 its flawless. I have a 30mbps connection and I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: parth.s
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)