Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to put the default value
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to put the default value Post 302198687 by coolkid on Friday 23rd of May 2008 03:38:27 PM
Old 05-23-2008
How to put the default value

Hi guys
Iam looking for a small help.I wrote a script. in that iam trying to take the default value ,when we press enter.this part iam struggling can somebody help please

Example:

do u need this server[dingdong.xxx.com]:

For this one if we press enter it has to take server name as dingdong.xxx.com.

Can somebody help me with this.Appreciate your help guys

--CoolKid

Last edited by coolkid; 05-23-2008 at 04:47 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help need help on wine how to put in

how the hell do you put wine in because i don't know i have mandrake please tell how to put in (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put a # in a file

Hello, Sir's, I would like to ask for help. This is my problem, i am working for a mbs for aix,hp-ux and solaris. And i am making a script that will automatically implement the said mbs. For example it will automatically change the permmisions of /usr/bin, /etc/passwd and so on. . . .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where should I put the script?

Hi Guys, I'm a new to the UNIX. Let say I have a 1 simple script to stop and start vnc service. I want to use that script for support because my network connection to my client side is not stable and every time I have to use a long command to restart vnc. Where should I put that script?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akuslive
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put those in Dbase

Hi Experts, I have a file which contains- .. .. <?xml version='1.0' encoding='ISO-8859-1' standalone='no'?> <LogItems> <log logid="83efeae5190809080000080410"> <category>Upstream.TEL</category> <operation>MAKE</operation> <target>mms</target> <user>purple</user>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put it in a column

Simple question ..What is the easiest way to list my output in a column like so dddd dddd dddd dddd output dddd dddd dddd dddd Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

put $,.

original content: 0000000000 TIAA-CREF 0000000000 CAREMARK all said and done, i'd like to look like this: $00,000,000.00 TIAA-CREF $00,000,000.00 CAREMARK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get this out put ?

How to get to know, where are the current logs been updated in the system or most recently updated logs in the system. consider /usr/abc/def and inside the def folder , i have many subfolders The command out put ,need to give me the log files and there location , which are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to sort df -h out put :

Hello every one , I am just trying to sort df -h out in a particular order to differentiate SAN disks and local disks .. does any body have any script or any useful command ?? thanks in advance .. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2uniks
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to put semicolon

Hi guys, I want to write script so that i can put semicolon after every numeric e.g input would be like that 50060E80058F49A4 Output should be 50:06:0E:80:05:8F:49:A4 Please help Thanks & Regards Nirjhar (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirjhar17
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP PUT

Hi, ServerA (SFTP server) ServerB (SFTP client) ServerB:> sftp user@ServerA ServerB:> put sample.txt ServerB:> get sample2.txt My question is that which machine will encrypt the sample.txt and sample2.txt files. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arpit Narula
8 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)