Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking How do I find my IP address when connecting via VPN. Post 302198560 by gppande on Friday 23rd of May 2008 07:36:59 AM
Old 05-23-2008
Thanks but this time also it showed me the same IP address as last time which didn't work.

Code:
bash-2.03$ finger
Login       Name               TTY         Idle    When    Where
prtsadm  WLS Prtsadm Cognos a  pts/2       2:50 Fri 04:33  144.72.239.94
prtsadm  WLS Prtsadm Cognos a  pts/3            Fri 06:51  144.72.239.94
prtsadm  WLS Prtsadm Cognos a  pts/5         10 Fri 07:09  avpn1-b.wrn.nam.gm.c

bash-2.03$ export DISPLAY=144.72.239.94:0.0
bash-2.03$ ./crconfig.sh
Using /appl/bea81/jdk142_05/jre/bin/java
23/05/2008,07:29:18,Err,java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using '144.72.239.94:3.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable., com.cognos.crconfig.CRConfigFrame.<init>(CRConfigFrame.java:38)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
        at CRConfig.main(CRConfig.java:276)

I tried all combinations for IP address in DISPLAY parm like 144.72.239.94:0.0 144.72.239.94:1.0 144.72.239.94:2.0 144.72.239.94:3.0 but all failed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find i.p address of our server

I don't have root access. How do I find i.p address of our sun server? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpotluri
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting the ip address

Hi, I have three ip address say x.x.x.x , y.y.y.y and z.z.z.z I am connecting to x.x.x.x first and from there i am telnet y.y.y.y and getting into y and from there i am telnet to z i want to know, can we write a script, which can automatically connect from x to y and from y to z.. is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Connecting To An External Network Using A logical (PACKAGE) IP Address

Hie everyone, I am currently facing a problem whereby I can not connect to an external network from a package ip address on a HP-UX cluster. Below is the illustration: Primary Server IP Address : n.n.n.202 Secondary Server IP Address : n.n.n.212 Package IP Address : n.n.n.211 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cchilenga
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

continue after connecting to cisco vpn

Hi all, This will save me a tremendous amount of time if i can get this script working. I have alot of sites i need to connect to using cisco vpn and then ssh onto servers to retrieve some info. Its all repetitative and it needs scripted. what i have done so far is put this into a script. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Is Possible to Registrar a MAC Address in a VPN

Hi Gurus, I have a question: I have a connection VPN to my Branch Office, but some day the Network administrator send an e-mail and he tell me that I must be disconnected the VPN. But In that moment I don't use the VPN, Someone was coneccted to the VPN I think. The Question is: I want to know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
0 Replies

6. Solaris

vpn not connecting

Hi, I have been using using internet explorer on windows for connecting with production server using vpn connection. i want to use same vpn to connect from solaris system to the production server.it is not connecting is there solution (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Find another IP address

Hi Guys, I want to find another(Local host) machine IP address from my machine.. We are all connected in the same server, I mean same LAN. What i done is Connected with that user machine using SSH and SU.. After that i used IFCONFIG but it shows my Ip address. Can not able to get the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find available IP address

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will check all used IP on the server and then print me an addressees that are not in use. Problem is in comparing two variables #!/bin/bash NETSTAT=$(netstat -ntp | awk '{ print $4 }' | grep -v "127.0.0.1" | cut -d ":" -f1 | grep "^"|sort | uniq )... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemesis911
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when connecting to remote server to find files with timestamp today's day

I am connecting to remote server and try to check if files with timestamp as Today's day are on the directory. Below is my code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly; Today=`date +%Y%m%d`; if ;then echo "We... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies
javap(1)						      General Commands Manual							  javap(1)

NAME
javap - Java class file disassembler SYNOPSIS
javap [ options ] class ... DESCRIPTION
The javap command disassembles a Java class file. The options determine the output. If no options are used, javap prints out the package, protected, and public fields and methods of the classes passed to it. The javap command displays its output to stdout. For example, com- pile the following class declaration: import java.awt.*; import java.applet.*; public class DocFooter extends Applet { String date; String email; public void init() { resize(500,100); date = getParameter("LAST_UPDATED"); email = getParameter("EMAIL"); } public void paint(Graphics g) { g.drawString(date + " by ",100, 15); g.drawString(email,290,15); } } The output from javap DocFooter yields: Compiled from DocFooter.java public class DocFooter extends java.applet.Applet { java.lang.String date; java.lang.String email; public void init(); public void paint(java.awt.Graphics); public DocFooter(); } OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b Ensures backward compatibility with javap in JDK 1.1. -bootclasspath path Specifies path from which to load bootstrap classes. By default, the bootstrap classes are the classes implementing the core Java platform located in jre/lib/rt.jar and jre/lib/charsets.jar. -c Prints out disassembled code, that is, the instructions that comprise the Java bytecodes, for each of the methods in the class. These are documented in the Java Virtual Machine Specification. -classpath path Specifies the path javap uses to look up classes. Overrides the default or the CLASSPATH environment variable if it is set. Directories are separated by colons (:). Thus the general format for path is: .:<your_path> For example: .:/home/avh/classes:/usr/local/java/classes -extdirs dirs Overrides location at which installed extensions are searched. The default location for extensions is jre/lib/ext. -help Prints out help message for javap. -Jflag Passes flag directly to runtime system. javap -J-version javap -JJ-Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy=MyPolicy MyClassName -l Displays line and local variable tables. -package Shows only package, protected, and public classes and members. This is the default. -private Shows all classes and members. -protected Shows only protected and public classes and members. -public Shows only public classes and members. -s Displays internal type signatures. -verbose Prints stack size, number of locals, and args for methods. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
CLASSPATH Used to provide the system with a path to user-defined classes. Directories are separated by colons. For example: .:/home/avh/classes:/usr/local/java/classes SEE ALSO
java(1), javac(1), javadoc(1), javah(1), jdb(1) 13 June 2000 javap(1)