Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with regexp for IP-Adress Pattern Post 302198545 by ripat on Friday 23rd of May 2008 07:00:13 AM
Old 05-23-2008
Just add the start and end of string anchors at the begining and at the end of the pattern:

Code:
'(^|[^.0-9])((25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|1?[0-9]?[0-9])\.){3}(25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|1?[0-9]?[0-9])([^\.]|$)'

Last edited by ripat; 05-23-2008 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: typo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MAC-Adress

Hello I need to show my MAC-Adress on a Unix System, is there someone that know how? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkochr
2 Replies

2. Solaris

IP-Adress

Hello together how can I find a ipadress from a login into remote system console? Thanks a lot Urs (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MuellerUrs
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Change IP Adress

I want change my IP address and hostname in my machine by use the console. Can any one tell me how can I execute that by command ? Thanks & Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract words before and after a pattern/regexp

Couldn't find much help on the kind of question I've here: There is this text file with text as: Line one has a bingo Line two does not have a bingo but it has a tango Bingo is on line three Line four has both tango and bingo Now I would want to search for the pattern "bingo" in this file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manthasirisha
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print the line immediately after a regexp; but regexp is a sentence

Good Day, Im new to scripting especially awk and sed. I just would like to ask help from you guys about a sed command that prints the line immediately after a regexp, but not the line containing the regexp. sed -n '/regexp/{n;p;}' filename What if my regexp is 3 word or a sentence. Im... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ownins
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexp and sed problem

Basically it should identify what ever is in between /*< >*/ (tags) and replace dbname ending with (.) with the words in between the tags i.e. DELETE FROM /*<workDB>*/epd_test./*<multi>*//*<version>*/epd_tbl1 ALL; into DELETE FROM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to get an IP adress from a file

This is probably a real n00b question but i`m not able to figure it out. I have a folder of configuration files that contain IP-adresses. The line i`m interested in looks like this: IP_ADDRESS="123.123.123.1123" Some have muliple ip adresses, so the line will look like : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaneV
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem on understanding the regexp command

Hi all, I'm not clear of this regexp command: regexp {(\S+)\/+$} $String match GetString From my observation and testing, if $String is abc/def/gh $GetString will be abc/def I don't understand how the /gh in $String got eliminated. Please help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mar85
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk regexp to print repetitive pattern

How to use regexp to print out repetitive pattern in awk? $ awk '{print $0, "-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-"}' output: - - - - - - - - - - - -I tried following which does not give what I want, of course. awk '{print $0, "-\t{11}-"}' output: - ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

TCL script to delete a pattern(regexp)

Hi I am writing a TCL script to delete a certain in a file My Input file module bist_logic_inst(a, ab , dhd, dhdh , djdj, hdh, djjd, jdj, dhd, dhp, dk ); input a; input ab; input dhd; input djdj; input dhd; output hdh; output djjd; output jdj; output dk; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshitij
1 Replies
Tcl_StringMatch(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						Tcl_StringMatch(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_StringMatch, Tcl_StringCaseMatch - test whether a string matches a pattern SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_StringMatch(str, pattern) int Tcl_StringCaseMatch(str, pattern, flags) ARGUMENTS
const char *str (in) String to test. const char *pattern (in) Pattern to match against string. May contain special characters from the set *?[]. int flags (in) OR-ed combination of match flags, currently only TCL_MATCH_NOCASE. 0 specifies a case-sensitive search. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This utility procedure determines whether a string matches a given pattern. If it does, then Tcl_StringMatch returns 1. Otherwise Tcl_StringMatch returns 0. The algorithm used for matching is the same algorithm used in the string match Tcl command and is similar to the algorithm used by the C-shell for file name matching; see the Tcl manual entry for details. In Tcl_StringCaseMatch, the algorithm is the same, but you have the option to make the matching case-insensitive. If you choose this (by passing TCL_MATCH_NOCASE), then the string and pattern are essentially matched in the lower case. KEYWORDS
match, pattern, string Tcl 8.5 Tcl_StringMatch(3)