Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copy the latest file from a folder Post 302198524 by Aswarth on Friday 23rd of May 2008 06:09:56 AM
Old 05-23-2008
Java Copy the latest file from a folder

Yes I need to check the timestamp also.
so can you please send me the script to pick the latest file everyday.

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying latest file into a folder

Hello all, this is my first post while i am trying to understand unix. I would basically like to know if i can do this: Lets say i have a folderA and folderB And i save something in folderA Can i make a script that checks folderA latest file, then compares it with the date of latest file in... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: takissd
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy the latest file from one directory to another

Hi All, I am in the directory a/b/processed the files in this directories are -rw-r--r-- 1 owb users 330 Aug 8 chandantest.txt_08082008 -rw-r--r-- 1 owb users 220 Aug 7 chandantest.txt_07082008 -rw-r--r-- 1 owb users 330 Aug 6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandancsc
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy the latest file to a directory

Hi Team, I wish to copy the latest file of pattern "MyFile*" to some other location. I need to do all the operation in a single command separated by |. ls -rt <MyFile*> | tail -1 | <copy command>. How can I do? Please help me. Thanks, Kanda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy the latest file in the remote server's directory

Hi Expert Team, I performed the below piece of code to copy the latest file in the remote server's directory to the same server's other directory. But it is not working properly. How can i handle this? Can you please help me..? ssh ${REMOTE_USERID}@${REMOTE_HOSTNAME} "cp -p `ssh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to copy latest file using SFTP

Hi All, In my unix server, I have the following files: h1.txt h2.txt h3.txt and through SFTP i need to copy only the latest file to another unix server. Can you please let me know what command i need to use. Thanks in Advance, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy latest generated file

Hi, There is csv file generated at /usr/data on server1 on monthly basis. It is in the format reportYYYYDD(e.g 201105). I needed a script which would copy the latest generated file from the location to another server at /usr/loc Please can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alok Ranjan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy the latest (last file) in given folder

#!/bin/bash for i in {1..1536..1} do #find /home/test/Desktop/up111/workplace/Malware/$i/logs for a in /home/test/Desktop/up111/workplace/Malware/$i/logs/* do #max=a for b in /home/test/Desktop/up111/workplace/Malware/$i/logs/* do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need to copy the latest file from Unix server to Shared folder

Hi All, One job in unix server will generate .csv files daily. I need to copy the latest of these .csv file from the unix server to the shared drive/folder in windows through unix script. My shared folder will look something like W:\some folder(for example). Could any one of you please help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaya@123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy specific file (different but same name) as folder name

I have to copy a particular file present in a main folder having part of the file-name present in many sub-folders to a new destination preserving the name of the source "part of the main folder" and previous file-name of the output file: Example: From /005_0/1000/005.xxx ->... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wappor
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Retrieve the Latest file in a folder using SFTP

HI Guys, Can anyone help me to retrieve the latest file from below example using SFTP I have below list of files in a folder v403t.lstprgms.sortin1 val027.d099.fwest.oct2711 xcelrptd.d1400sqp.dec1713.t040459.@02del xcelrptd.d1400sqp.dec1713.t073308.@02del... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heye18
3 Replies
PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)						 Linux-PAM Manual					    PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)

NAME
pam_timestamp_check - Check to see if the default timestamp is valid SYNOPSIS
pam_timestamp_check [-k] [-d] [target_user] DESCRIPTION
With no arguments pam_timestamp_check will check to see if the default timestamp is valid, or optionally remove it. OPTIONS
-k Instead of checking the validity of a timestamp, remove it. This is analogous to sudo's -k option. -d Instead of returning validity using an exit status, loop indefinitely, polling regularly and printing the status on standard output. target_user By default pam_timestamp_check checks or removes timestamps generated by pam_timestamp when the user authenticates as herself. When the user authenticates as a different user, the name of the timestamp file changes to accommodate this. target_user allows to specify this user name. RETURN VALUES
0 The timestamp is valid. 2 The binary is not setuid root. 3 Invalid invocation. 4 User is unknown. 5 Permissions error. 6 Invalid controlling tty. 7 Timestamp is not valid. NOTES
Users can get confused when they are not always asked for passwords when running a given program. Some users reflexively begin typing information before noticing that it is not being asked for. EXAMPLES
auth sufficient pam_timestamp.so verbose auth required pam_unix.so session required pam_unix.so session optional pam_timestamp.so FILES
/var/run/sudo/... timestamp files and directories SEE ALSO
pam_timestamp_check(8), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_tally was written by Nalin Dahyabhai. Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)