Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking How do I find my IP address when connecting via VPN. Post 302198506 by gppande on Friday 23rd of May 2008 05:16:23 AM
Old 05-23-2008
I tried as per your suggestion. Output of who is
Code:
prtsadm    pts/2        May 23 04:33    (144.72.239.94)
prtsadm    pts/3        May 23 04:46    (144.72.239.94)

Both are the same ID "prtsadm" with which I logged in. Both have same IP address. However, upon setting up DISPLAY parm as 144.72.239.94:0.0 I am getting the same error.

Code:
Err,java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using '144.72.239.94:0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable., com.cognos.crconfig.CRConfigFrame.<init>(CRConfigFrame.java:38)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
        at CRConfig.main(CRConfig.java:276)

Last edited by gppande; 05-23-2008 at 06:17 AM.. Reason: corrected the error message

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find i.p address of our server

I don't have root access. How do I find i.p address of our sun server? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpotluri
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting the ip address

Hi, I have three ip address say x.x.x.x , y.y.y.y and z.z.z.z I am connecting to x.x.x.x first and from there i am telnet y.y.y.y and getting into y and from there i am telnet to z i want to know, can we write a script, which can automatically connect from x to y and from y to z.. is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Connecting To An External Network Using A logical (PACKAGE) IP Address

Hie everyone, I am currently facing a problem whereby I can not connect to an external network from a package ip address on a HP-UX cluster. Below is the illustration: Primary Server IP Address : n.n.n.202 Secondary Server IP Address : n.n.n.212 Package IP Address : n.n.n.211 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cchilenga
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

continue after connecting to cisco vpn

Hi all, This will save me a tremendous amount of time if i can get this script working. I have alot of sites i need to connect to using cisco vpn and then ssh onto servers to retrieve some info. Its all repetitative and it needs scripted. what i have done so far is put this into a script. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Is Possible to Registrar a MAC Address in a VPN

Hi Gurus, I have a question: I have a connection VPN to my Branch Office, but some day the Network administrator send an e-mail and he tell me that I must be disconnected the VPN. But In that moment I don't use the VPN, Someone was coneccted to the VPN I think. The Question is: I want to know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
0 Replies

6. Solaris

vpn not connecting

Hi, I have been using using internet explorer on windows for connecting with production server using vpn connection. i want to use same vpn to connect from solaris system to the production server.it is not connecting is there solution (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Find another IP address

Hi Guys, I want to find another(Local host) machine IP address from my machine.. We are all connected in the same server, I mean same LAN. What i done is Connected with that user machine using SSH and SU.. After that i used IFCONFIG but it shows my Ip address. Can not able to get the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find available IP address

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will check all used IP on the server and then print me an addressees that are not in use. Problem is in comparing two variables #!/bin/bash NETSTAT=$(netstat -ntp | awk '{ print $4 }' | grep -v "127.0.0.1" | cut -d ":" -f1 | grep "^"|sort | uniq )... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemesis911
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when connecting to remote server to find files with timestamp today's day

I am connecting to remote server and try to check if files with timestamp as Today's day are on the directory. Below is my code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly; Today=`date +%Y%m%d`; if ;then echo "We... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies
NETWORKMANAGER(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 NETWORKMANAGER(8)

NAME
NetworkManager - network management daemon SYNOPSIS
NetworkManager [--no-daemon] DESCRIPTION
The NetworkManager daemon attempts to make networking configuration and operation as painless and automatic as possible by managing the primary network connection and other network interfaces, like Ethernet, WiFi, and Mobile Broadband devices. NetworkManager will connect any network device when a connection for that device becomes available, unless that behavior is disabled. Information about networking is exported via a D-Bus interface to any interested application, providing a rich API with which to inspect and control network settings and operation. NetworkManager will execute scripts in the /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d directory in alphabetical order in response to network events. Each script should be (a) a regular file, (b) owned by root, (c) not writable by group or other, (d) not set-uid, (e) and executable by the owner. Each script receives two arguments, the first being the interface name of the device just activated, and second an action. up The interface has been activated. The environment contains more information about the interface; CONNECTION_UUID contains the UUID of the connection. Other variables are IP4_ADDRESS_N where N is a number from 0 to (# IPv4 addresses - 1), in the format "address/prefix gateway". IP4_NUM_ADDRESSES contains the number addresses the script may expect. IP4_NAMESERVERS contains a space- separated list of the DNS servers, and IP4_DOMAINS contains a space-separated list of the search domains. Routes use the format IP4_ROUTE_N where N is a number from 0 to (# IPv4 routes - 1), in the format "address/prefix next-hop metric", and IP4_NUM_ROUTES contains the number of routes to expect. If the connection used DHCP for address configuration, the received DHCP configuration is passed in the environment using standard DHCP option names, prefixed with "DHCP4_", like "DHCP4_HOST_NAME=foobar". down The interface has been deactivated. vpn-up A VPN connection has been activated. The environment contains the connection UUID in the variable CONNECTION_UUID. vpn-down A VPN connection has been deactivated. hostname The system hostname has been updated. Use gethostname(2) to retrieve it. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --no-daemon Do not daemonize. This is useful for debugging, and directs log output to the controlling terminal in addition to syslog. DEBUGGING
The following environment variables are supported to help debugging. When used in conjunction with the "--no-daemon" option (thus echoing PPP and DHCP helper output to stdout) these can quickly help pinpoint the source of connection issues. NM_SERIAL_DEBUG When set to anything, causes NetworkManager to log all serial communication to and from serial devices like mobile broadband 3G modems. NM_PPP_DEBUG When set to anything, causes NetworkManager to turn on PPP debugging in pppd, which logs all PPP and PPTP frames and client/server exchanges. SEE ALSO
nm-tool(1) NETWORKMANAGER(8)