Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory HD Controller does not Work in Solaris Post 302198391 by Smiling Dragon on Thursday 22nd of May 2008 09:19:53 PM
Old 05-22-2008
I'd _guess_ you need the drivers for it. Check the hardware vendor's website and see if they have solaris drivers available.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rcp on solaris doesn't work

Hi I have 2 Solaris boxes A and B, A running solaris 9, and B running solaris 6. when i try to use rcp on A like this:- A> rcp file.txt B:/path/file.txt I get into standard input and nothing happens!! Then On the target machine B, if i try, B> rcp otherfile.txt B:/path/otherfile.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Mouse can not work in Solaris 10

Dear friends, My mouse can not work in my Solaris 10 machine. The mouse itself is OK, i can use it without problems in my colleagues' Unixs. I outstationed for a few weeks, after came back, it can not work already. The cursor will float in the centre of my screen and can never move,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dunhill_Zhao
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mouse can not work in Solaris 10

Dear frends, My mouse in Solaris 10 machine has just failed today. The mouse itself is physically Ok, I can use it in my colleagues' Unix. In my own box, the cursor is just floating in the centre of screen. Any suggestions? Any method to check / modify hardware in solaris 10? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dunhill_Zhao
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -d doesn't work on Solaris

Hello, the ls -d command to only list directories in a directory doesn't seem to work on Solaris and the man command says to use that combination: ls -d Anyone have the same problem and find a resolve? Thanks BobK (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Need An Idea On How Solaris Work

PLS AM A NEWBE IN SOLARIS AND I NEED A GOOD MATERIAL ON HOW SOLARIS WORK.ie, THE INTERNAL WORKINGS OF SOLARIS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Domain and work groups in solaris 10

Hello all, In solaris 10 can we create domains and workgroups like Active directory in windows? If that is possible, can some one please advise the procedure.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep -o does not work in Solaris

I am using the code below to grep through a list of files (TEMPFILE) and look for rsync, rdist, rsh, ftp, etc. in each file. Do a count of each, and output that to a logfile. This works great in Linux, but not at all in Solaris because the EGREP -o option does not exist. Anyone have an idea... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 server as Primary Domain Controller

Hi, All of our servers run Solaris (currently 10, but looking to upgrade to 11). In each of our offices we have a server configured as a Primary Domain Controller via Samba to provide naming services to our Windoze users. I would like to continue with that arrangement, but I would also like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wgkorb
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Redirection does not work in Solaris

Hi all, i have been trying to direct o/p of one command to file, but i don get any entries in file but ouptput get displayed on command prompt. I have tried many options but still , it does not work. please guide. here is the command -bash-3.00$ /usr/local/bin/sudo lpstat -p | grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to see controller C1 on Solaris 8

Good Morning, We are having a legacy hardware v880 sparc server running SUNOS 5.8. Recently we started getting maintence error on one of the disk slice c1t0d0s4 so before changing the disk we had a look at output of cfgadm but cant see c1 controller in the list where as all our disks are... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
16 Replies
FUJBP(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  FUJBP(4)

NAME
fujbp, fujhk -- Fujitsu Brightness, Pointer, and Hotkeys SYNOPSIS
fujbp* at acpi? fujhk* at acpi? DESCRIPTION
Some Fujitsu laptops come with vendor-specific ACPI devices to manage the laptop hotkeys (such as the 'Eco' button), and to control various built-in components (such as the display, the touchpad, and the speakers). The fujbp and fujhk drivers provide support, through these ACPI devices, for hotkeys, backlight on/off switch, brightness level control, and pointer on/off switch. The following sysctl(8) read/write variables are provided (when hardware support is available): hw.acpi.fujbp0.brightness Brightness level (integer). hw.acpi.fujbp0.pointer Pointer switch state (boolean). hw.acpi.fujhk0.backlight Backlight switch state (boolean). Please note, however, that future versions of the drivers may remove these sysctl(8) variables without prior notice. SEE ALSO
acpi(4), acpivga(4), sysctl(8), pmf(9), sysmon_pswitch(9) HISTORY
The fujbp and fujhk drivers appeared in NetBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
Gregoire Sutre <gsutre@NetBSD.org> CAVEATS
Brightness level and backlight switch state should be controlled via wsconsctl(8) instead of sysctl(8). The sysctl(8) variable hw.acpi.fujbp0.pointer should be replaced by a platform-independent userland control. BSD
February 20, 2011 BSD