Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers file transfer from https to a Unix box Post 302198337 by jvjaimes on Thursday 22nd of May 2008 05:02:01 PM
Old 05-22-2008
file transfer from https to a Unix box

Hi,

I want to transfer a file from a https side to an unix machine, somebody can let me know a easy way to do so, A simple script to be put in the unix machine to retrieve the file from the https side

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

File transfer from unix to NT box?

Is there a method to transfer a file from UNIX (AIX) to an NT box without the NT box having any special software running? I can ping the box via the network and I have a valid NT account to use. Is FTP a viable solution ? HELP! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvacc
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to FTP a file generated at UNIX Box to NT Box

Hi all, I am generating a file on the Unix machine , now i want to FTP the same file to the NT machine. how can i do that and the application currently upon which i am working is a JAVA based application. I need your help. regards Ruchir (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ruchir
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Upload Performance using IE from Windows to Unix via HTTPS

Hi, Is there any performance issue uploading a file using IE from Windows client to UNIX server via HTTPS? Before that, we were using HTTP protocol and everything run smooth Once we change to HTTPS, we might hit the "HTTP 500 Internal server error" Even though this does not happen all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darontan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX commands remotely in Windows box from Unix box – avoid entering password

I am able to run the UNIX commands in a Windows box from a UNIX box through "SSH" functionality. But whenever the SSH connection is established between UNIX and Windows, password for windows box is being asked. Is there a way to avoid asking password whenever the SSH connection is made? Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.kalpana
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP transfer from Linux to unix box

Hi, I transferred a tar.gz file from a linux server to a unix server using ftp. In the unix box when i untarred, only few files with zero bytes were copied and i get "tar dir : cksum error" Could anyone help me out ? Thanks & Regards, Abinaya (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abinaya
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy file from unix box to another unix box

Hi, I am new for perl scripting, I need a script to copy a log file /test/test_yyyymmdd.dat from one unix box to another unix box location /check/check1/ at daily 2:00AM, please let me know how to do that...... Regards, Ann (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabrine
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp file starting with particular name on Windows box to Unix box using shell script

Hello all ! I'm trying to write a shell script (bash) to ftp a file starting with particular name like "Latest_" that is present on a Windows box to UNIX server. Basically I want to set this script in the cron so that daily the new build that is posted on the Windows box can be downloaded to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayb4u83
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pulling a file from Unix box thru https

Hi I have a file called as MSD.DAT. This file is present at a directory on a server. www.ta.ibhsv.somewhere.com/rahdf/MSD.DAT Now, I want to get this file from this server to my Linux box. I need to write a script that uses https to get the file. Please help how to achieve this. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transferring the file from one UNIX box to another UNIX box

Hi Folks, I am using winscp to graphiclly move the files from one unix box to another unix box , let say one unix box crediantials is (These are dummy crediantials) xxx -->username yyy -->password and another unix box name is RRR -->username TTT -->password NOW i need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Need suggestion:- Failed HTTPS transfer to https://supportfiles.sun.com/curl

Hi Guys, I have recently started reciving below Error message Failed HTTPS transfer to https://supportfiles.sun.com/curl whenever I run /usr/local/bin/sudo /opt/SUNWexplo/bin/explorer -P -q -v from all Servers. Looks like the SSL certificate as Expired. Whenever I type... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
4 Replies
xpamethod(7)							SAORD Documentation						      xpamethod(7)

NAME
XPAMethod - XPA Communication Methods SYNOPSIS
XPA supports both inet and unix (local) socket communication. DESCRIPTION
XPA uses sockets for communication between processes. It supports three methods of socket communication: inet, localhost, and unix. In gen- eral, the same method should be employed for all XPA processes in a session and the global environment variable XPA_METHOD should be used to set up the desired method. By default, the preferred method is "inet", which is appropriate for most users. You can set up a different method by typing something like: setenv XPA_METHOD local # unix csh XPA_METHOD=local; export XPA_METHOD # unix sh, bash, windows/cygwin set XPA_METHOD=localhost # dos/windows The options for XPA_METHOD are: inet, unix (or local), and localhost. On Unix machines, this environment setup command can be placed in your shell init file (.cshrc, .profile, .bashrc, etc.) On Windows platforms, it can be placed in your AUTOEXEC.BAT file (I think!). By default, inet sockets are used by XPA. These are the standard Internet sockets that are used by programs such as Netscape, ftp. etc. Inet sockets utilize the IP address of the given machine and a (usually random) port number to communicate between processes on the same machine or between different machines on the Internet. (Note that XPA has an Access Control mechanism to prevent unauthorized access of XPA access points by other computers on the Net). For users connected to the Internet, this usually is the appropriate communication method. For more information about setting up XPA communication between machines, see Communication Between Machines. In you are using XPA on a machine without an Internet connection, then inet sockets are not appropriate. In fact, an XPA process often will hang for many seconds while waiting for a response from the Domain Name Service (DNS) when using inet sockets. Instead of inet sockets, users on Unix platforms can also use unix sockets (also known as local sockets). These sockets are based on the local file system and do not make use of the DNS. They generally are considered to be faster than inet sockets, but they are not implemented under Windows. Use local sockets as a first resort if you are on a Unix machine that is not connected to the Internet. Users not connected to the Internet also can use localhost sockets. These are also inet-type sockets but the IP address used for the local machine is the localhost address, 0x7F000001, instead of the real IP of the machine. Depending on how sockets are set up for a given plat- form, communication with the DNS usually is not required in this case (though of course, XPA cannot interact with other machines). The localhost method will generally work on both Unix and Windows platforms, but whether the DNS is required or not is subject to individual configurations. A final warning/reminder: if your XPA-enabled server hangs at startup time and your XPA_METHOD is inet, the problem probably is related to an incorrect Internet configuration. This can be confirmed by using the unix method or (usually) the localhost method. You can use these alternate methods if other hosts do not need access to the XPA server. SEE ALSO
See xpa(7) for a list of XPA help pages version 2.1.14 June 7, 2012 xpamethod(7)