Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Audio-Text in Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Audio-Text in Unix Post 302198327 by phantom308 on Thursday 22nd of May 2008 04:20:17 PM
Old 05-22-2008
I need a code that would allow me to record audio ..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I convert unix text to to win text?

How do I convert unix text files into readable text for windows. Dave (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nucca
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio HELP Please!

I know about next to nothing, and I am trying to play an audio file on HP-UX 10.2 (743i) every time I try to use the ‘/opt/audio/bin/AudioCP &' command I get an error message that says “Unable to access audio hardware.” I checked the man page on audio, and both Aserver and rpcd are running. Am I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

playing audio

Hi all, I play audio through the web browser and it plays ok on windows. When i try the same thing on unix i get the error message "sh: /usr/local/bin/sox: not found. I've tried 'locate sox' and can't seem to find it. Is there some way I can change the browser settings so they play the audio... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molli_81
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with text analysis - UNIX

Hey Guys I recently posted yesterday about trying to count the amount of separate words that exists in a text file e.g. walle.txt. i want the output to give to give me a list of words with a number next indicating how many times its came up in the file e.g: cat 20 the 11 if 40 I'm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John0101
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any better text editor for unix?

Do you know any text editor (other than Gvim, which I am using) which is made specially for c type languages? The reason I ask for it is: I just spent 3 hours trying to find out start "if" and its end "if end".:wall: I hope there is an editor which can link each if with its closing endif . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio Problem

Hi I recently installed BT 5 Gnome on my Asus laptop running on Intel HD graphics. I've been having problems with audio, at first I experienced the basic problem that was solved by adding pulse audio to the starting programs. This allowed me to open Sound preferences but I still have no sound.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edreeso
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

8. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text processing in UNIX

Greetings! I have a text file that I am trying to process to get the desired output but looks like I will need the community help. Input File: a|x|london|consumer|consumer1|country||D|consumer|consumer1|country||1 a|x|paris|consumer|consumer2|country||D|consumer1|consumer2|country||2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikerboy
3 Replies
mixerctl(1)							   User Commands						       mixerctl(1)

NAME
mixerctl - audio mixer control command line application SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mixerctl [-a | -d dev] [-iv] [-e | -o] DESCRIPTION
Some audio devices support the audio mixer functionality. See mixer(7I) for a complete description of the audio mixer. The mixerctl command is used to control the mode of the audio mixer and to get information about the audio mixer and the audio device. See audio(7I) for details. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. If none are specified, option -i is assumed: -a The command applies to all audio devices. -d dev The dev argument specifies an alternate audio control device for the command to use. -e Enables the audio mixer function if the audio device supports it. If supported, the audio mixer may be enabled at any time. The command silently ignores the enable option if the audio mixer is already enabled. -i Prints the audio device type information for the device and indicates whether the audio device uses the audio mixer. If the device does use the audio mixer, this option displays the audio mixer's mode. -o Turns off the audio mixer function if the audio device supports it. If supported, the audio mixer may be turned off if only one process has the device opened with the O_RDWR flag, or, if two different processes have the device opened, one with the O_RDONLY flag and the other with the O_WRONLY flag. (See open(2).) The command silently ignores the disable option if the audio mixer function is already disabled. -v Verbose mode. Prints the audio_info_t structure for the device, along with the device type information. This option implies the -i option. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
AUDIODEV If the -d and -a options are not specified, the AUDIODEV environment variable is consulted. If set, AUDIODEV will contain the full path name of the user's default audio device. The default audio device will be converted into a control device, and then used. If the AUDIODEV variable is not set, /dev/audioctl is used. FILES
/dev/audioctl /dev/sound/{0...n}ctl ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC, x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWauda | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability Level |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
audioconvert(1), audioplay(1), audiorecord(1), open(2), attributes(5), usb_ac(7D), audio(7I), audio_support(7I), mixer(7I) SunOS 5.10 12 Mar 2001 mixerctl(1)