Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Processes by User's actual names Post 302198251 by Yogesh Sawant on Thursday 22nd of May 2008 11:52:30 AM
Old 05-22-2008
duplicate post, proceed here

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Max. No. Processes/user

Hi All, I heared that each user in UNIX have max. number of processes that can be running at one time. Is this correct? If yes, how can I know this number and how can I change it. N.B.: I am using Sun 5.6 Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omran
4 Replies

2. Solaris

killing all processes for an user

how can I kill all the processes belonging to an user. I need it because I can't see a process initiated by a user and thus unable to kill it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processes by Actual names

hi all. Is there any way to get the original names (not the login names) of users currently logged on to the machine and the processes they are logged on to...names as in abc xyz and not abc.xyz I dont want to first use w -s and then loops to arrange the information, and i cant figure out how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processes by User's names

Hi All I am being trained in unix and am tryin to write a script for listing the user Processes by user's names exactly the following manner WITHOUT USING A TEMPORARY FILE or SED OR AWK! The format of the output I want is: Code: James Hallan PID TTY TIME CMD 31799 pts/3 00:00:00 vim ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
2 Replies

5. AIX

run which command to check the actual user

hi gurus, i have a question: when run which javac under a user account I got the following results: PROD DB Server: /usr/java14/bin/javac DR DB Server: /usr/java14/bin/javac DEV DB Server: /usr/java5_64/bin/javac The .profile in all environments are same. so how do know who is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lweegp
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

integer user names and user quotas!

hello, i want to implements user quotas. the problem is that all of our user names are integer numbers, like 8510453. so when i set quota for a user (e.g. 8510453), it wont be set for that user name instead it will be set for exactly this: #8510453 (this is what webmin report shows). i have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrhosseini
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User in who but no processes

Hi all! After killing some processes, I encounter the following problem: 1) some delay in the login process 2) question marks (?) in who output 3) when doing ps -fu for users with question mark in who, no process is runing. To solve this problem I shutdown the system. Does anyone know the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Panos1962
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processes of a user

Hi, Please can some one advise how can we get all the processes corresponding to a particular user. Cheers, Shazin (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
4 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

User processes

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have to write a program which can tell me how many processes is running by some user, from the /etc/passwd file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: petel1
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to add user from command prompt not to open actual file

Here is my script which gives the below output when I run.First it will display the list of all groups and then ask for enter the group name and after it will ask for contribuotors or users then I will add contribuotirs or users and it will show the list of all users associated with that group but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
3 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)