Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking How do I find my IP address when connecting via VPN. Post 302198229 by gppande on Thursday 22nd of May 2008 11:11:42 AM
Old 05-22-2008
Error How do I find my IP address when connecting via VPN.

I connect to my client's network via VPN. We have a UNIX box there & I would like to know IP address of my PC when I connect to UNIX box using Putty software. I checked this command - /usr/sbin/ifconfig -a and it showed me the output
Code:
lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1
        inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
ce0: flags=9040843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DEPRECATED,IPv4,NOFAILOVER> mtu 1500 index 2
        inet 164.56.30.11 netmask ffffff80 broadcast 164.56.30.127
        groupname ipmp-group
ce1: flags=9040843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DEPRECATED,IPv4,NOFAILOVER> mtu 1500 index 3
        inet 164.56.30.10 netmask ffffff80 broadcast 164.56.30.127
        groupname ipmp-group
ce1:1: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 3
        inet 164.56.30.12 netmask ffffff80 broadcast 164.56.30.127
ce2: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 4
        inet 192.168.102.154 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 192.168.102.255

I am not sure which was my IP address so I tried all. Note 164.56.30.12 is UNIX box IP address. What I want to do is to open a X-windows session; for which I want to set my IP address in the DISPLAY parameter. How do I get the right IP address to open X-windows?

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 05-22-2008 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: added code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find i.p address of our server

I don't have root access. How do I find i.p address of our sun server? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpotluri
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting the ip address

Hi, I have three ip address say x.x.x.x , y.y.y.y and z.z.z.z I am connecting to x.x.x.x first and from there i am telnet y.y.y.y and getting into y and from there i am telnet to z i want to know, can we write a script, which can automatically connect from x to y and from y to z.. is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Connecting To An External Network Using A logical (PACKAGE) IP Address

Hie everyone, I am currently facing a problem whereby I can not connect to an external network from a package ip address on a HP-UX cluster. Below is the illustration: Primary Server IP Address : n.n.n.202 Secondary Server IP Address : n.n.n.212 Package IP Address : n.n.n.211 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cchilenga
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

continue after connecting to cisco vpn

Hi all, This will save me a tremendous amount of time if i can get this script working. I have alot of sites i need to connect to using cisco vpn and then ssh onto servers to retrieve some info. Its all repetitative and it needs scripted. what i have done so far is put this into a script. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Is Possible to Registrar a MAC Address in a VPN

Hi Gurus, I have a question: I have a connection VPN to my Branch Office, but some day the Network administrator send an e-mail and he tell me that I must be disconnected the VPN. But In that moment I don't use the VPN, Someone was coneccted to the VPN I think. The Question is: I want to know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
0 Replies

6. Solaris

vpn not connecting

Hi, I have been using using internet explorer on windows for connecting with production server using vpn connection. i want to use same vpn to connect from solaris system to the production server.it is not connecting is there solution (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Find another IP address

Hi Guys, I want to find another(Local host) machine IP address from my machine.. We are all connected in the same server, I mean same LAN. What i done is Connected with that user machine using SSH and SU.. After that i used IFCONFIG but it shows my Ip address. Can not able to get the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find available IP address

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will check all used IP on the server and then print me an addressees that are not in use. Problem is in comparing two variables #!/bin/bash NETSTAT=$(netstat -ntp | awk '{ print $4 }' | grep -v "127.0.0.1" | cut -d ":" -f1 | grep "^"|sort | uniq )... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemesis911
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when connecting to remote server to find files with timestamp today's day

I am connecting to remote server and try to check if files with timestamp as Today's day are on the directory. Below is my code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly; Today=`date +%Y%m%d`; if ;then echo "We... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies
NTB(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    NTB(4)

NAME
ntb, ntb_hw, if_ntb -- Intel(R) Non-Transparent Bridge driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into your kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device ntb_hw device if_ntb Or, to load the driver as a module at boot, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_ntb_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ntb driver provides support for the Non-Transparent Bridge (NTB) in the Intel S1200, Xeon E3 and Xeon E5 processor families. The NTB allows you to connect two computer systems using a PCI-e link if they have the correct equipment and connectors. CONFIGURATION
The NTB memory windows need to be configured by the BIOS. If your BIOS allows you to set their size, you should set the size of both memory windows to 1 MiB. This needs to be done on both systems. Each system needs to have a different IP address assigned. The MAC address is randomly generated. Also for maximum performance, the MTU should be set to 16 kiB. This can be done by adding the line below to rc.conf(5): ifconfig_ntb0="inet 192.168.1.10 netmask 255.255.255.0 mtu 16384" And on the second system : ifconfig_ntb0="inet 192.168.1.11 netmask 255.255.255.0 mtu 16384" If you are using the UDP protocol, you may want to increase the net.inet.udp.maxdgram sysctl(8) variable. SEE ALSO
rc.conf(5), sysctl(8) AUTHORS
The ntb driver was developed by Intel and originally written by Carl Delsey <carl@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
If the driver is unloaded, it cannot be reloaded without a system reboot. The network support is limited. It isn't fully configurable yet. It also isn't integrated into netgraph(4) or bpf(4). NTB to Root Port mode is not yet supported. There is no way to protect your system from malicious behavior on the other system once the link is brought up. Anyone with root or kernel access on the other system can read or write to any location on your system. In other words, only connect two systems that completely trust each other. BSD
Apr 11, 2013 BSD