Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting arrays and needing length of fields Post 302198203 by ajgwin on Thursday 22nd of May 2008 10:25:11 AM
Old 05-22-2008
I can't seem to make it look like I want it to here. I am going to do each column separately on a new line to show what I need, but really they are all together with Col1, Col2, Col3, Col4, Col5 being on the same row and so on with each row. They are all right justified so they appear on the way right side of the page.

Col1

Col2

Col3

Col4

Col5
Does this make anymore sense?

Thanks.

Allyson

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

fixed length fields in awk

I am trying to display df -h command out in proper format, how can I display each field of each record in a fixed length. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopla
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two arrays in sh or compare two fields

I want a soultion to compare two arrays in sh with an easy way.I want a solution to synchrose users between different AIX servers where no NIS is available. All users are meant to be same on all 10 servers. So the approach is to consider first server as master user repository and whatever the users... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rijeshpp
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk script to compare 2 fields in fixed length file.

Need a script that manipulates a fixed length file that will compare 2 fields in that file and if they are equal write that line to a new file. i.e. If fields 87-93 = fields 119-125, then write the entire line to a new file. Do this for every line in the file. After we get only the fields... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Muga801
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Field Replacement, Assigning Fields to Variables, Lists/Arrays?

Okay, I've made threads on extracting fields and comparing strings in separate files in .csv's. I've written the following code with intentions of learning more. I just want this one question answered: How can I assign fields from a file(comma separated) to variables? My goal is to check... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chickeneaterguy
0 Replies

5. Programming

question about int arrays and file pointer arrays

if i declare both but don't input any variables what values will the int array and file pointer array have on default, and if i want to reset any of the elements of both arrays to default, should i just set it to 0 or NULL or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixed length fields

HPUX and posix shell Hi all. I have a record with fixed length fields....I would like to reorder the fields and preserver the fixed lengths.... cat test 4 960025460 Dept of Music 8 960025248 Dept of Music 12-08 cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyoncc
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the Foreach loop, Needing help

I am trying to make a script for my Counter-Strike: Source servers. What i am wanting it to do is for it to restart each server, the only way i can think of doing this in through for each. Years what i have at the moment. server_start() { START=`ps x | grep SCREEN | grep $SRV | cut -d '?' -f... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahamn95
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flat file-make field length equal to header length

Hello Everyone, I am stuck with one issue while working on abstract flat file which i have to use as input and load data to table. Input Data- ------ ------------------------ ---- ----------------- WFI001 Xxxxxx Control Work Item A Number of Records ------ ------------------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonali.s.more
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File splitting according to the length of the fields

Hi All, I have two files: 1> Data file 2> info file which has field lengths and start position. Is there a way to create a comma delimited file according to the fields length and start position. Data file : R-0000017611N-00000350001095ANZU01 A00000017611N000000350001095ANZU02... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting the file based on two fields - Fixed length file

Hi , I am having a scenario where I need to split the file based on two field values. The file is a fixed length file. ex: AA0998703000000000000190510095350019500010005101980301 K 0998703000000000000190510095351019500020005101480 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
4 Replies
mcxmap(1)							  USER COMMANDS 							 mcxmap(1)

NAME
      mcxmap - permute or remap the indices of graphs and matrices.

SYNOPSIS
      mcxmap -imx fname (input) [-o fname (output)] [-make-map (output map file name)] [-make-mapc (output map file name)] [-make-mapr (output map
      file name)] [-cmul a (coefficient)] [-cshift b (translate)] [-rmul c (coefficient)] [-rshift d (translate)] [-mul e (coefficient)] [-shift f
      (translate)]  [-map  fname  (row/col  map file)] [-rmap fname (row map file)] [-cmap fname (column map file)] [-mapi fname (row/col map file
      (use inverse))] [-rmapi fname (row map file (use inverse))] [-cmapi fname (column map file (use inverse))] [-tab fname (read (and  map)  tab
      file)]

DESCRIPTION
      This utility relabels graphs or matrices. Its main use is in applying a map file to a given matrix or graph. A map file contains a so called
      map matrix in mcl format that has some special properties (given further below). The functionality of mcxmap can also be provided by mcx, as
      a  mapped  matrix  (i.e.	the  result  of  applying a map matrix to another matrix) is simply the usual matrix product of a matrix and a map
      matrix. However, mcx will construct a new matrix and leave the original matrix to be mapped alone. When dealing with huge matrices,  consid-
      erable  gains  in  efficiency  memory-wise  and  time-wise  can be achieved by doing the mapping in-place.  This is what mcxmap does. In the
      future, its functionality may be embedded in mcx with new mcx operators.

The special properties of a map matrix are

o The column domain and row domain are of the same cardinality.
      o Each column has exactly one entry.
      o Each row domain index occurs in exactly one column.

These properties imply that the matrix can be used as a map from the column domain onto the row domain.  An example map matrix is  found	in
      the EXAMPLES Section.

OPTIONS
      -o fname (output file)
	Output file.

-imx fname (input file)
	Input file.

-map fname (row/col map file))
      -rmap fname (row map file)
      -cmap fname (column map file)
      -mapi fname (row/col map file (use inverse))
      -rmapi fname (row map fil (use inverse))
      -cmapi fname (column map fil (use inverse))
	Different ways to specify map files.

-make-map (output map file name)
      -make-mapc (output map file name)
      -make-mapr (output map file name)
	Generate a map that maps the specified domain onto the appropriate canonical domain and write the map matrix to file.

-cmul a (coefficient)
      -cshift b (translate)
	These  options	have  affect if neither a column map file nor column canonification is specified. If any of the first two options is used,
	column indices i are mapped to a*i+b.

-rmul c (coefficient)
      -rshift d (translate)
	These options have affect if neither a row map file nor row canonification is specified.  If  any  of  the  first  two	options  is  used,
	indices i are mapped to c*i+d.

-mul e (coefficient)
      -shift f (translate)
	If  a  map  file  is  specified for a given domain, neither a map file nor canonification is specified. If any of the first two options is
	used, the indices i will be mapped to e*i+f.

-tab fname (read (and map) tab file)
	This option requires the -map option. mcxmap will output the mapped tab definition.

EXAMPLES
      The matrix below has two canonical domains which are identical.  It denotes a map of the canonical domain onto itself, in which  node  0	is
      relabeled to 8, node 1 is relabeled to 5, et cetera.

(mclheader
      mcltype matrix
      dimensions 12x12
      )
      (mclmatrix
      begin
      0  8  $
      1  5  $
      2  3  $
      3  2  $
      4  4  $
      5  6  $
      6  7  $
      7  9  $
      8  1  $
      9  10 $
      10 11 $
      11 0  $
      )

AUTHOR
      Stijn van Dongen.

SEE ALSO
      mcxio(5), mcx(1), mcxsubs(1), and mclfamily(7) for an overview of all the documentation and the utilities in the mcl family.

mcxmap 12-068 						      8 Mar 2012							   mcxmap(1)