Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Audio-Text in Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Audio-Text in Unix Post 302198192 by incredible on Thursday 22nd of May 2008 10:00:16 AM
Old 05-22-2008
Record voice data and compress it before storing it to a file:

#audiorecord | audioconvert -f g721 > mydata.au

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I convert unix text to to win text?

How do I convert unix text files into readable text for windows. Dave (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nucca
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio HELP Please!

I know about next to nothing, and I am trying to play an audio file on HP-UX 10.2 (743i) every time I try to use the ‘/opt/audio/bin/AudioCP &' command I get an error message that says “Unable to access audio hardware.” I checked the man page on audio, and both Aserver and rpcd are running. Am I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

playing audio

Hi all, I play audio through the web browser and it plays ok on windows. When i try the same thing on unix i get the error message "sh: /usr/local/bin/sox: not found. I've tried 'locate sox' and can't seem to find it. Is there some way I can change the browser settings so they play the audio... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molli_81
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with text analysis - UNIX

Hey Guys I recently posted yesterday about trying to count the amount of separate words that exists in a text file e.g. walle.txt. i want the output to give to give me a list of words with a number next indicating how many times its came up in the file e.g: cat 20 the 11 if 40 I'm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John0101
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any better text editor for unix?

Do you know any text editor (other than Gvim, which I am using) which is made specially for c type languages? The reason I ask for it is: I just spent 3 hours trying to find out start "if" and its end "if end".:wall: I hope there is an editor which can link each if with its closing endif . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio Problem

Hi I recently installed BT 5 Gnome on my Asus laptop running on Intel HD graphics. I've been having problems with audio, at first I experienced the basic problem that was solved by adding pulse audio to the starting programs. This allowed me to open Sound preferences but I still have no sound.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edreeso
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

8. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text processing in UNIX

Greetings! I have a text file that I am trying to process to get the desired output but looks like I will need the community help. Input File: a|x|london|consumer|consumer1|country||D|consumer|consumer1|country||1 a|x|paris|consumer|consumer2|country||D|consumer1|consumer2|country||2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikerboy
3 Replies
Audio::File::AudioProperties(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Audio::File::AudioProperties(3pm)

NAME
Audio::File::AudioProperties - abstract an audio files audio properties. DESCRIPTION
Audio::File::AudioProperties is the base class for other file format independant audio property classes like Audio::File::Flac::AudioProperties or Audio::File::Ogg::AudioProperties. You should not use this class yourself exept you're writing an own file format dependant subclass. METHODS
new Constructor. Creates new Audio::File::AudioProperties object. You shoud not use this method yourself. It's called by the filetype-dependant subclasses of Audio::File::Type automatically. init Initializes the object. It's called by the constructor and empty by default. It's ought to be overwritten by subclasses. length Returns the length of the audio file in seconds. bitrate Returns the bitrate of the file. sample_rate Returns the sample rate of the audio file. channels Returns the number of channels the audio file has. all Get all audio properties. SEE ALSO
Audio::File, Audio::File::Type, Audio::File::Tag AUTHOR
Florian Ragwitz <flora@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2004 Florian Ragwitz This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Library General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. perl v5.10.0 2005-02-18 Audio::File::AudioProperties(3pm)