Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file name transformation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting file name transformation Post 302198076 by vrms on Thursday 22nd of May 2008 07:20:09 AM
Old 05-22-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nua7
Shell script is the only option here.Try using case.Following can be tried..

Code:
case $name in
          01 ) $month=Jan
              ;;
          02 ) $month=Feb
              ;;
             ....... so on
      esac
  done

Thanks Nua7

What about rearranging the sequence of the file title = swapping the month and the year around. I was more concerned if that was possible.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transformation capital letter

:confused: Hye everybody i would like to know if exist a internet site where i can founs some interesting shell script very usefull I need to transform hundreds names of files escribed in CAPITAL letter in minuscule letter do oyu know a mean o do that that thanks to a script or a shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark Angel
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transformation - what is most efficient method

I've done quite a bit of searching on this but cannot seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. Say I have a | delimited input file with 6 columns and I need to change the value of a few columns and create an output file. With my limited knowledge I can do this with many lines of code but want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1superdork
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

xslt transformation through Unix

Hi .. I have one input XML and I want to convert into another XML using parameter mapping through Database through Unix shell script. But I dont have idea how to do that. And how can I create xsl sheet if mapping is through database tables. Please help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinu19
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help in xslt transformation

Hi I have one input xml file <param name="EXTR_COL" valueDesc="AUTHD_RFLL" value="rx.AUTHD_RFLL" /> There is a mapping parameters in Database. if EXTR_COL is present in input XML then it is mapped to fieldlist. so the o/p XML looks like <fieldlist> <datasource... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinu19
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML file transformation

Hi all, I have to transform a XML file like this: <?xml version="1.0"?> <vocabulary> <voc_id>102</voc_id> <name>Vocabulary Name</name> <description>Voc description</description> <relations>3</relations> <hierarchy>5</hierarchy> <word> <word_id>1</word_id> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aLittleBeat
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clipboard transformation scripting

Hello all, I've done a bit of clipboard transformation scripting using xclip before, piping contents with " xclip -o -selection clipboard " to grep, sed, awk, then back into the clipboard with " xclip -i -selection clipboard " ... but I am not a fantastically skilled user of either of the three... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: la2ar0
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file transformation using fixed width file

Hi Gurus! I need to make some file transformations. Please help. This is my input file. It has four columns with fixed width. 1 aaa bbbb cccc 2 eee dddd jjjj 3 fff gggg jjjj 4 hhh iiii cccc 5 kkk llll cccc 6 mmm nnnn oooo 7 ppp qqqq xxxx 8 rrr ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kokoro
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Row to Column transformation

Hello Experts, I need to transform rows into column using awk. I tried few things but failed to obtain desired output, as I'm fairly new to awk. i/p file 100, READ, 12 100, WRITE, 8 100, SEEK, 1 142, READ, 2 142, WRITE, 34 142, SEEK, 3 O/p Needed PROC_ID 100 142 READ 12 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sybadm
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data transformation

I do have an input text file of the following format with 1000's of lines input file: 3386(11:11,Ani:0,Bri:1,ch:1,Jwe:0,Jor:0,LP:0,Lo:0,NS:1,al:1,bo:0,boy:0,bru:0,sh:0,cor:1,dum:0,ery:0,mac:0,mic:0)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanja
3 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal, ncal -- displays a calendar and the date of easter SYNOPSIS
cal [-jy] [[month] year] cal [-j] -m month [year] ncal [-jJpwy] [-s country_code] [[month] year] ncal [-Jeo] [year] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility displays a simple calendar in traditional format and ncal offers an alternative layout, more options and the date of easter. The new format is a little cramped but it makes a year fit on a 25x80 terminal. If arguments are not specified, the current month is dis- played. The options are as follows: -J Display Julian Calendar, if combined with the -e option, display date of easter according to the Julian Calendar. -e Display date of easter (for western churches). -j Display Julian days (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -m month Display the specified month. -o Display date of orthodox easter (Greek and Russian Orthodox Churches). -p Print the country codes and switching days from Julian to Gregorian Calendar as they are assumed by ncal. The country code as deter- mined from the local environment is marked with an asterisk. -s country_code Assume the switch from Julian to Gregorian Calendar at the date associated with the country_code. If not specified, ncal tries to guess the switch date from the local environment or falls back to September 2, 1752. This was when Great Britain and her colonies switched to the Gregorian Calendar. -w Print the number of the week below each week column. -y Display a calendar for the specified year. A single parameter specifies the year (1 - 9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calen- dar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month and year; the month is either a number between 1 and 12, or a full or abbreviated name as specified by the current locale. Month and year default to those of the current system clock and time zone (so ``cal -m 8'' will display a calendar for the month of August in the current year). A year starts on Jan 1. SEE ALSO
calendar(3), strftime(3) HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 5 AT&T UNIX. The ncal command appeared in FreeBSD 2.2.6. AUTHORS
The ncal command and manual were written by Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The assignment of Julian--Gregorian switching dates to country codes is historically naive for many countries. BSD
November 23, 2004 BSD