Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IPv4 LSRR Option
Top Forums Programming IPv4 LSRR Option Post 302198006 by aamirglb on Thursday 22nd of May 2008 04:41:18 AM
Old 05-22-2008
IPv4 LSRR Option

Hello Friends,
I have one doubt regarding LSRR (Loose Source and Record Route) IP option.
Whether IPv4 optoins will be processed only by Router or they can be processed by any PC within the network??
What i'm trying is: i'm giving a list of IP address in the option using setsockopt system call, say:

IP-1 => 192.168.0.1
IP-2 => 192.168.0.2
IP-1 => 192.168.0.3
IP-2 => 192.168.0.4 ==> This is the destination PC

All these system are connected in a LAN and are running Windows OS. But the system on which this program is run has Linux.
If I send a datagram using SOCK_DGRAM socket, I'm able to receive the packet only in 192.168.0.1. This PC (192.168.0.1) is not forwarding the IP packet to the next PC in the list i.e., 192.168.0.2.

Can please any one clarify whether ip options can be processed by all the PC or only Routers can process it.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Md. Aamir Ali
Bangalore

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

option followed by : taking next option if argument missing with getopts

Hi all, I am parsing command line options using getopts. The problem is that mandatory argument options following ":" is taking next option as argument if it is not followed by any argument. Below is the script: while getopts :hd:t:s:l:p:f: opt do case "$opt" in -h|-\?)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

convert from ipv4 to ipv6

hello i'm working on aix 5300-05-03 hacmp ver 5.4 well my issue is that when firewall (gateway to internet ) goes down my machine start to work very very slowly!!! the output of the sniffer is that on the output card , my machine try to convert ipv4 to ipv6 0.0.2.0 my machine is not configure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

3. AIX

convert ipv4 ti ipv6

hello i'm working on AIX 5300-05-03 P520 hacmp 5.4 when connection to the internet is going down , firewall down, my application work verey verey slowly!!! and on the sliffer output i'm got trys of my serevr to do convert from ipv4 ipv6 ( 0.0.2.0 and AAAAAAAA). some one have an idea why... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Modifying IPv4 headers

Hi, My query is: I need to set the IPv4 header fields(like TOS, TTL, Precedence and Flags) in the linux kernel using the system calls. I tried setting the fields using the setsockopt() call using sockets but it is not reflecting the actual IPv4 header fields. Is it possible to modify these... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_4u
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

recently introduced to the newer option for find...does an older option exist?

To find all the files in your home directory that have been edited in some way since the last tar file, use this command: find . -newer backup.tar.gz Is anyone familiar with an older solution? looking to identify files older then 15mins across several directories. thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ASK] How to check whether ipv4 or ipv6 and ping those IP

I have perl script that I use to check and ping a list of ip, The problem is, I didnt understand how to ping ipv6 on perl, Could I use Ping::External??And how could I get the ping result (reply or not)? This is my code #!/usr/bin/perl -- use Net::Ping; use Data::Validate::IP; use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
3 Replies

7. AIX

IPv6/IPv4 Only in AIX

Hi all, I have setup ipv6 in AIX machine using autoconf6 command. I was successfull in doing this. after execution of the command local link address was assigned to one of the interfaces (en1).But I have to setup the following environment as well. 1) Machine with only IPv6 support(IPv4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ard
0 Replies

8. Programming

IPv4 string->int

Does anyone know how to convert a IP address given as 'string' into a 'u_int32_t'? Are there any build any functions already? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Freaky123
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Ntp between ipv4 and ipv6

Hi, I am looking for a solution to configure ntp between ipv4 ( ntp server ) to ipv6 ( client) . I had google, but lot many sites suggest to have dual stock or tunnaling. my issue is I have client has only ipv6 address ans server has ipv4 address. is it possible to sync time,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen.surisett
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Disable IPV4

Hi im using Redhat Ver 6.4 is it possible to disable IPV4 and use only IPV6? how can i do that? thanks Guy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
2 Replies
6to4relay(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     6to4relay(1M)

NAME
6to4relay - administer configuration for 6to4 relay router communication SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/6to4relay /usr/sbin/6to4relay [-e] [-a addr] /usr/sbin/6to4relay [-d] /usr/sbin/6to4relay [-h] DESCRIPTION
The 6to4relay command is used to configure 6to4 relay router communication. Relay router communication support is enabled by setting the value of a variable that stores an IPv4 address within the tun module. This variable is global to all tunnels and defines the policy for communication with relay routers. By default, the address is set to INADDR_ANY (0.0.0.0), and the kernel interprets the value to indicate that support for relay router communication is disabled. Otherwise, support is enabled, and the specified address is used as the IPv4 des- tination address when packets destined for native IPv6 (non-6to4) hosts are sent through the 6to4 tunnel interface. The 6to4relay command uses a project private ioctl to set the variable. 6to4relay used without any options outputs the current, in-kernel, configuration status. Use the -a option to send packets to a specific relay router's unicast address instead of the default anycast address. The address specified with the -a option does not specify the policy for receiving traffic from relay routers. The source relay router on a received packet is non-deterministic, since a different relay router may be chosen for each sending native IPv6 end-point. Configuration changes made by using the 6to4relay are not persistent across reboot. The changes will persist in the kernel only until you take the tunnel down OPTIONS
The 6to4relay command supports the following options: -a addr Use the specified address, addr. -e Enable support for relay router. Use -a addr if it is specified. Otherwise, use the default anycast address, 192.88.99.1. -d Disable support for the relay router. -h Help OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: addr A specific relay router's unicast address. addr must be specified as a dotted decimal representation of an IPv4 address. Other- wise, an error will occur, and the command will fail. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Printing the In-Kernel Configuration Status Use /usr/sbin/6to4relay without any options to print the in-kernel configuration status. example# /usr/sbin/6to4relay If 6to4 relay router communication is disabled, the administrator will see the following message: 6to4relay: 6to4 Relay Router communication support is disabled. If 6to4 router communication is enabled, the user will see this message: 6to4relay: 6to4 Relay Router communication support is enabled. IPv4 destination address of Relay Router = 192.88.99.1 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/usr/sbin/6to4relay The default installation root ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), attributes(5) Huitema, C. RFC 3068, An Anycast Prefix for 6to4 Relay Routers. Network Working Group. June, 2001. Carpenter, B. and Moore, K. RFC 3056, Connection of IPv6 Domains via IPv4 Clouds. Network Working Group. February, 2001. DIAGNOSTICS
The 6to4relay reports the following messages: 6to4relay: input (0.0.0.0) is not a valid IPv4 unicast address Example: example# 6to4relay -e -a 0.0.0.0 Description: The address specified with the -a option must be a valid unicast address. 6to4relay: option requires an argument -a usage: 6to4relay 6to4relay -e [-a <addr>] 6to4relay -d 6to4relay -h Example: example# 6to4relay -e -a Description: The -a option requires an argument. usage: 6to4relay 6to4relay -e [-a <addr>] 6to4relay -d 6to4relay -h Example: example# 6to4relay -e -d Description: The options specified are not permitted. A usage message is output to the screen. usage: 6to4relay 6to4relay -e [-a <addr>] 6to4relay -d 6to4relay -h Example: example# 6to4relay -a 1.2.3.4 Description: The -e option is required in conjunction with the -a option. A usage message is output to the screen. 6to4relay: ioctl (I_STR) : Invalid argument Example: example# 6to4relay -e -a 239.255.255.255 Description: The address specified with the -a option must not be a class d addr. SunOS 5.10 19 Nov 2002 6to4relay(1M)