Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting please help me regarding alias Post 302197952 by nua7 on Thursday 22nd of May 2008 02:38:01 AM
Old 05-22-2008
You ned to have the dir path of the utils script , in your PATH variable. Did you check that?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias

Hello, I'm a beginner to Unix and I want to create an alias that lists the given directory in long format; the alias should use a pager to display the result. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guelpth
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

using alias...

hi.. i want to make an alias in unix, for using it to change of directory by example: if i am in /dtmp/inp/aux and i want to go to /sybase/bd, i want to make an alias named "bd", to go directally to /sybase/bd (alias bd="cd /sybase/bd") i create it, but when i turn off the conection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

alias help

i want to use short cut alias command but its not happening can any on help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafique
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alias help

Hi I have a problem when i try to set any thing as alias it works say alias sasa="cd /home/hghgg" but when i close the terminal it does not work (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafique
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alias help

Hello again, what does \!* do int his line alias lookup 'grep -i \!* who.is.who' Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kris888
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using alias

I need to login to one server and then switch the user and set a number alias. But i cant modify the .profile file. I have one script avi1.sh $ more avi.sh sudo su - bil sh avi1.sh and in home directory of bil i have avi1.sh that says $ more avi1.sh alias l='ls -ltr' alias b='cd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackeyed
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias help

I can get the nth line of a file using sed -n 'np' file however all I want to type is "line n file" so I am trying to use alias alias line='sed -n \'&\'' but its not working, how can I make this work Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjones
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ALIAS

how to make alias perament? I have edited in .bashrc also but no use:(.How to manke it perament (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alias help

I am creating subversion pre commit hook on linux to run on client side but its not working and throwing an error - alias svnbi="plutil *.plist|grep -v OK; if ; then svn ci -m $1 ; fi" but when I run - (test is $1 here) svnbi test bash: syntax error near unexpected token `test' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacki
1 Replies
FILECAP:(8)						  System Administration Utilities					       FILECAP:(8)

NAME
filecap - a program to see capabilities SYNOPSIS
filecap [ -a | -d | /dir | /dir/file [cap1 cap2 ...] ] DESCRIPTION
filecap is a program that prints out a report of programs with file based capabilities. If a file is not in the report or there is no report at all, no capabilities were found. For expedience, the default is to check only the directories in the PATH environmental variable. If the -a command line option is given, then all directories will be checked. If a directory is passed, it will recursively check that directory. If a path to a file is given, it will only check that file. If the path to the file includes capabilities, then they are written to the file. OPTIONS
-a This tells the program to show all capabilities starting from the / directory. Normally the PATH environmental variable is used to show you capabilities on files you are likely to execute. -d This dumps all capabilities for reference. EXAMPLES
To check file capabilities in $PATH: filecap To check file capabilities of whole system: filecap -a To check file capabilities recursively in a directory: filecap /usr To check file capabilities of a specific program: filecap /bin/passwd To list all possible capabilities: filecap -d To set a file capability on a specific program: filecap /bin/ping net_raw net_admin SEE ALSO
pscap(8), netcap(8), capabilities(7). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat March 2009 FILECAP:(8)