Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GNU Emacs Help
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications GNU Emacs Help Post 302197796 by led3234 on Wednesday 21st of May 2008 05:26:33 PM
Old 05-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by led3234
Thanks for the help, but I've decided to go to Vim now, and join the Dark Side.

Now, can anyone help me with compiling/syntax highlighting for that?
Well, specifically, I mean a Common Lisp compiler, a C++ compiler, and a Fortran 95 compiler (not immediately, but in the future).

Last edited by led3234; 05-21-2008 at 06:40 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xemacs and emacs

Hi guys What is the difference between Xemacs and emacs. I assumed Xemacs runs only in X11. What about in Linux on KDE? Am I running Xemacs or emacs. Well it says emacs though. What is the advantage of one over other? What can I run on OS X ? SS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurya_s
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on EMACS

Any one has a good documentation on How To Use EMACs editor?? Thanks Ven :eek: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VENC22
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

accent in emacs

Hello, I try to insert charcheters with accent with emacs. It doesn't work. How can I do ? Thank you in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annemar
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emacs

could someone please tell me how do I work emacs on unix?? how do you input the command and open up files and edit stuff. I know M-x info will lauch the info viewer, C-x u is undo, M-x spell-region run a spell check but when i use some of these command on emacs in Unix, I'm getting no results or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starwind4
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

characters in emacs

How do you change characters in emacs? for example, I would like my files to appear written in "Arial" or "Thaoma".. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vero_81
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help configuring emacs

Hi, I am using emacs now after some months with vim (nothing agains vim, in fact I love it, but everyone around me is using emacs and xemacs) and I need some configuration help. How may I configure emacs to look like code examples in this page which is good for my eye. Thanks in advance, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to compile in Emacs

I'm trying to compile two files in Emacs (guess.cpp and yesno.cpp). So I open up Emacs (the text version) and give the command M-x and then I try to type in "g++ -o asst guess.cpp yesno.cpp". But everytime after I type "g++" and try to do a space after that, it says and wont let me type a space? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blackvelvet
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use emacs? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format?

Hi All, I am new to this forum and a beginner in unix. Please correct me if I put the question in a wrong way.. How to use emacs editor? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format? I have the following link :- http link i.e. url and path : /abc/xyz.dev/xyz/documents What... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
7 Replies

9. AIX

Emacs on AIX 7.2

After I had successfully installed bash I wanted to install emacs. I downloaded the packages from IBM (emacs, emacs-nox, and emacs-X11), but I could not install emacs-X11. It needs libjpeg and libtiff, but I couldn't install both libs. Error messages: file /opt/freeware/64 from install of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BuSchu
2 Replies
FORTRAN(1)							   User Commands							FORTRAN(1)

NAME
Fortran - Reports statistics regarding an HDF5 file and the objects in the file. DESCRIPTION
usage: h5fc [OPTIONS] <compile line> OPTIONS: -help This help message. -echo Show all the shell commands executed -prefix=DIR Prefix directory to find HDF5 lib/ and include/ subdirectories [default: /usr] -show Show the commands without executing them -showconfig Show the HDF5 library configuration summary -shlib Compile with shared HDF5 libraries -noshlib Compile with static HDF5 libraries [default] <compile line> - the normal compile line options for your compiler. h5fc uses the same compiler you used to compile HDF5. Check with your compiler's man pages for more information on which options are needed. You can override the compiler and linker to compile your program by setting the following environment variables accordingly: HDF5_FC - use a different Fortran 90 or 95 compiler HDF5_FLINKER - use a different linker HDF5_USE_SHLIB=[yes|no] - use shared or static version of the HDF5 library [default: no] You can also add or change paths and flags to the compile line using the following environment varibles or by assigning them to their counterparts in the 'Things You Can Modify to Override...' section of h5fc Variable Current value to be replaced HDF5_FFLAGS "" HDF5_LDFLAGS "" HDF5_LIBS "" Note that adding library paths to HDF5_LDFLAGS where another hdf5 version is located may link your program with that other hdf5 library version. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. GNU Fortran comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. You may redistribute copies of GNU Fortran under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING SEE ALSO
The full documentation for Fortran is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and Fortran programs are properly installed at your site, the command info Fortran should give you access to the complete manual. Fortran (Debian 4.6.1-4) 4.6.1 August 2011 FORTRAN(1)