Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to cp files to dir,using routine? Post 302197730 by danmero on Wednesday 21st of May 2008 02:12:13 PM
Old 05-21-2008
Code:
myproc()
{
  cp $1 $2
}

myproc /path/file1 /tmp/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to cp files to dir,using routine?

hi all, I wanted to know how we can copy files to dirs, through a routine and when the file and the dir are specified as parameters for that routine and explicitly called? Eg: suppose i want to copy file1 to /tmp then myproc() { . . } myproc /path/file1 /tmp/ These parameters when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy specified files from list of files from dir A to dir B

Hello, fjalkdsjfkldsajflkajdskl (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmeesara
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script to find dir, delete files in, and then del dir?

Hello!! I have directories from 2008, with files in them. I want to create a script that will find the directoried from 2008 (example directory: drwxr-xr-x 2 isplan users 1024 Nov 21 2008 FILES_112108), delete the files within those directories and then delete the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving files from a dir in one machine to a dir in another machines

Hi, I am a unix newbie.I need to write a shell script to move my oracle READ WRITE datafiles from one serevr to another. I need to move it from /u01/oradata/W1KK/.. to /u01/oradata/W2KK, /u02/oradata/W1KK/.. to /u02/oradata/W2KK. That is, I actaully am moving my datafiles from one database to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathews
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list all files in dir and sub-dir's recursively along with file size?

I am very new to unix as well as shell scripting. I have to write a script for the following requirement. In have to list all the files in directory and its sub directories along with file path and size of the file Please help me in this regard and many thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmakkena
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to move the files from one dir to other other dir

Need a script to move the files from one dir to other dir and at the same time it has to read the log in the source dir. Please help me ASAP. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswanathkishor
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files and subdirs from dir to a new dir

Hello Comunity I am trying to make a bash shell script that it copies files and subdirs(with files) to a new dir. I would like the dest_dir to contain only subdirectories with files not other subdirs inside. it called : cpflatdir src_dir dest_dir Pleaze help me! Thank you in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BTKBaaMMM
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Find paths of multiple files in CC (dir and sub-dir))

Dear Members, I have a list of xml files like abc.xml.table prq.xml.table ... .. . in a txt file. Now I have to search the file(s) in all directories and sub-directories and print the full path of file in a output txt file. Please help me with the script or command to do so. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move all files in a dir into a certain dir

Hello all, I'm very new to shell scripting and need quite urgently to do this thing for my student job. I have a directory called "vectors" with a bunch of files all named ".vector". also i have for each of those files a directory with the name . I now want to move each of those *.vector files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sherresh
2 Replies

10. AIX

Assign read write permission to the user for specific dir and it's sub dir and files in AIX

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. I do not want to assign user the same group of that directories too.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
0 Replies
OCI_SET_PREFETCH(3)													       OCI_SET_PREFETCH(3)

oci_set_prefetch - Sets number of rows to be prefetched by queries

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_prefetch (resource $statement, int $rows) DESCRIPTION
Sets the number of rows to be buffered by the Oracle Client libraries after a successful query call to oci_execute(3) and for each subse- quent internal fetch request to the database. For queries returning a large number of rows, performance can be significantly improved by increasing the prefetch count above the default oci8.default_prefetch value. Prefetching is Oracle's efficient way of returning more than one data row from the database in each network request. This can result in better network and CPU utilization. The buffering of rows is internal to OCI8 and the behavior of OCI8 fetching functions is unchanged regardless of the prefetch count. For example, oci_fetch_row(3) will always return one row. The prefetch buffer is per-statement and is not used by re-executed statements or by other connections. Call oci_set_prefetch(3) before calling oci_execute(3). A tuning goal is to set the prefetch value to a reasonable size for the network and database to handle. For queries returning a very large number of rows, overall system efficiency might be better if rows are retrieved from the database in several chunks (i.e set the prefetch value smaller than the number of rows). This allows the database to handle other users' statements while the PHP script is processing the current set of rows. Query prefetching was introduced in Oracle 8 i. REF CURSOR prefetching was introduced in Oracle 11 gR2 and occurs when PHP is linked with Oracle 11 gR2 (or later) Client libraries. Nested cursor prefetching was introduced in Oracle 11 gR2 and requires both the Oracle Client libraries and the database to be version 11 gR2 or greater. Prefetching is not supported when queries contain LONG or LOB columns. The prefetch value is ignored and single-row fetches will be used in all the situations when prefetching is not supported. When using Oracle Database 12 c, the prefetch value set by PHP can be overridden by Oracle's client oraaccess.xml configuration file. Refer to Oracle documentation for more detail. PARAMETERS
o $statement -A valid OCI8 statement identifier created by oci_parse(3) and executed by oci_execute(3), or a REF CURSOR statement identifier. o $rows - The number of rows to be prefetched, >= 0 RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.2 (PECL OCI8 1.4) | | | | | | | Before this release, $rows must be >= 1. | | | | |5.3.0 (PECL OCI8 1.3.4) | | | | | | | Before this release, prefetching was limited to | | | the lesser of $rows rows and 1024 * $rows bytes. | | | The byte size restriction has now been removed. | | | | +------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 Changing the default prefetch value for a query <?php $conn = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); $stid = oci_parse($conn, 'SELECT * FROM myverybigtable'); oci_set_prefetch($stid, 300); // Set before calling oci_execute() oci_execute($stid); echo "<table border='1'> "; while ($row = oci_fetch_array($stid, OCI_ASSOC+OCI_RETURN_NULLS)) { echo "<tr> "; foreach ($row as $item) { echo " <td>".($item !== null ? htmlentities($item, ENT_QUOTES) : "&nbsp;")."</td> "; } echo "</tr> "; } echo "</table> "; oci_free_statement($stid); oci_close($conn); ?> Example #2 Changing the default prefetch for a REF CURSOR fetch <?php /* Create the PL/SQL stored procedure as: CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE myproc(p1 OUT SYS_REFCURSOR) AS BEGIN OPEN p1 FOR SELECT * FROM all_objects WHERE ROWNUM < 5000; END; */ $conn = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); $stid = oci_parse($conn, 'BEGIN myproc(:rc); END;'); $refcur = oci_new_cursor($conn); oci_bind_by_name($stid, ':rc', $refcur, -1, OCI_B_CURSOR); oci_execute($stid); // Change the prefetch before executing the cursor. // REF CURSOR prefetching works when PHP is linked with Oracle 11gR2 or later Client libraries oci_set_prefetch($refcur, 200); oci_execute($refcur); echo "<table border='1'> "; while ($row = oci_fetch_array($refcur, OCI_ASSOC+OCI_RETURN_NULLS)) { echo "<tr> "; foreach ($row as $item) { echo " <td>".($item !== null ? htmlentities($item, ENT_QUOTES) : "&nbsp;")."</td> "; } echo "</tr> "; } echo "</table> "; oci_free_statement($refcur); oci_free_statement($stid); oci_close($conn); ?> If PHP OCI8 fetches from a REF CURSOR and then passes the REF CURSOR back to a second PL/SQL procedure for further processing, then set the REF CURSOR prefetch count to 0 to avoid rows being "lost" from the result set. The prefetch value is the number of extra rows fetched in each OCI8 internal request to the database, so setting it to 0 means only fetch one row at a time. Example #3 Setting the prefetch value when passing a REF CURSOR back to Oracle <?php $conn = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/orcl'); // get the REF CURSOR $stid = oci_parse($conn, 'BEGIN myproc(:rc_out); END;'); $refcur = oci_new_cursor($conn); oci_bind_by_name($stid, ':rc_out', $refcur, -1, OCI_B_CURSOR); oci_execute($stid); // Display two rows, but don't prefetch any extra rows otherwise // those extra rows would not be passed back to myproc_use_rc(). // A prefetch value of 0 is allowed in PHP 5.3.2 and PECL OCI8 1.4 oci_set_prefetch($refcur, 0); oci_execute($refcur); $row = oci_fetch_array($refcur); var_dump($row); $row = oci_fetch_array($refcur); var_dump($row); // pass the REF CURSOR to myproc_use_rc() to do more data processing // with the result set $stid = oci_parse($conn, 'begin myproc_use_rc(:rc_in); end;'); oci_bind_by_name($stid, ':rc_in', $refcur, -1, OCI_B_CURSOR); oci_execute($stid); ?> SEE ALSO
oci8.default_prefetch ini option . PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_PREFETCH(3)