Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting urgent help need with file matching script Post 302197692 by H2OBoodle on Wednesday 21st of May 2008 12:32:03 PM
Old 05-21-2008
What have you tried so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent: selecting unique specific content of a file using shell script

Hi, I have a file whose content and format at places is as given below. print coloumn .... coloumn .... coloumn .... skip 1 line print coloumn ... skip 1 line I need to select the following : print coloumn .... coloumn .... coloumn... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent-extracting block data from flat file using shell script

Hi, I want to extract block of data from flat file. the data will be like this start of log One two three end of log i want all data between start of log to end of log i.e One two three to be copied to another file. This particular block may appear multiple times in same file. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirish_cd
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find file name for non matching pattern

Hi, I want to list only the file names which do not contain a specific keyword or search string. OS: Solaris Also is there any way ; through the same script I can save the output of search to a CSV (comma seperated) so that the file can be used for inventory purpose. Any assistance will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujoy101
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling an Executable C file from the script (URGENT HELP PLX ! )

hi i'm trying to use tcl/tk on unix machine to call an executable C file .. i am trying just a simple button like this one button .list -text "LIST" -command filename pack .list -padx 10 -pady 10 but its giving me error message when i save it in a file eg script.tcl the button is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phantom308
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching Count Urgent

The input is like NO Code 030019991 22 030087819 0 030089001 22 030178901 39 030333333 22 Patterns i want to match is 0300 0301 0303. i want to count different Codes occurances for each of these pattern. for example for 0300 Code 22... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

very urgent..need of a script which finds a file without the use of find command..hlp

im a beginner in shell scripting and i need a script which will find a file in a given path without the use of find or grep command.......i need some kind of code.....plzzz plzzzz help me......ive tried n searched every where but i couldn't find the solution for my particular problem..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mishi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to filter records in a zip file that contains matching columns from another file

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. I have two files. file1.zip, file2 Input: file1.zip col1, col2 , col3 a , b , 0:0:0:0:0:c436:9346:d40b x, y, 0:0:0:0:0:880:39f9:c9a7 m, n , 0:0:0:0:0:80c7:9161:fe00 file2.txt col1 c4:36:93:46:d4:0b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil.v
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT Reading a file and assessing the syntax shell script URGENT

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script example to Grep matching word from file

Hi expert, Need help in shell script. a.txt file output is below i would like to grep 3 line and 1st column value which is admin\22226 only and not full line. i only know admin word as 22226 can come anything with admin\ in file. also after fetching it i would like to use this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kuljeetpal
1 Replies
DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)					      Debconf						  DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)

NAME
debconf-mergetemplate - merge together multiple debconf template files SYNOPSIS
debconf-mergetemplate [options] [templates.ll ...] templates DESCRIPTION
Note: This utility is deprecated. You should switch to using po-debconf's po2debconf program. This program is useful if you have multiple debconf templates files which you want to merge together into one big file. All the specified files will be read in, merged, and output to standard output. This can be especially useful if you are dealing with translated template files. In this case, you might have your main template file, plus several other files provided by the translators. These files will have translated fields in them, and maybe the translators left in the english versions of the fields they translated, for their reference. So, you want to merge together all the translated templates files with your main templates file. Any fields that are unique to the translated files need to be added in to the correct templates, but any fields they have in common should be superseded by the fields in the main file (which might be more up-to-date). This program handles that case properly, just list each of the translated templates files, and then your main templates file last. OPTIONS
--outdated Merge in even outdated translations. The default is to drop them with a warning message. --drop-old-templates If a translation has an entire template that is not in the master file (and thus is probably an old template), drop that entire template. SEE ALSO
debconf-getlang(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)