Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to down a particular CPU in a server, witch is having 16 CPU's Post 302197654 by incredible on Wednesday 21st of May 2008 10:42:02 AM
Old 05-21-2008
what is the system your're using? Is it a T-series, Sun Fire?? For certain architectures, you may disable component from the system controller SC
eg LOM, SC,ALOM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Frequency of CPU's on HP-UX server

Does anyone know if there is a command in hp-ux to find out the frequencies of the cpus on the server. I know in sun the command is /usr/sbin/psrinfo -v (on Sun)??Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnineill
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

3. Solaris

CPU load -12.50 in server.

Friends I have noticed that the Sun Fire v490 server with Solaris9 OS in my office, is showing a load of 12.50 during peak time and the CPU showing a max of 75% and an average of 60%. The Application running in this machine hung last month(For reasons unknown) and is running fine after... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

5. Solaris

cpu-shares vs cpu-cap in solaris

Can anyone tell me difference between cpu-shares vs cpu-cap in solaris & how FSS will work with cpu-caps ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Difference between CPU CHIP and CPU ID

Hi All, What is the difference between CPU CHIP and CUP ID on SUN/ Oracle M5000 servers.. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

CPU high - apache real server OK, virtual server not

Got two RHEL servers - one real and one virtual/cloud. Both run apache web server. When traffic is applied, CPU seems to go quite high on virtual one (20%) but real is not really affected. Worry is that a further increase in traffic will see a problem. Experience of RHEL is limited. Whats... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to combine multiple CPU to act as a single CPU on the same server?

We have a single threaded application which is restricted by CPU usage even though there are multiple CPUs on the server, hence leading to significant performance issues. Is it possible to merge / combine multiple CPUs at OS level so it appear as a single CPU for the application? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dissa
6 Replies

9. AIX

Entitled CPU lesser Than Used CPU !!

Hi All, It may be a n00b question, but i really want to know , How Entitled Capacity is less and Used CPU is more when there is no Free CPU is available in the managed system. I have 5LPARs in a MS with Dual VIO. Managed System CPU details Available: 0.20 Assigned to partitions: 15.80... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Why Entitlement CPU can't be set to same as Virtual CPU?

I read that Entitlement CPU should be set to max 75% compare to Virtual CPU. May I know the reason. I have set the Entitlement CPU = Virtual CPU on AIX . It works fine . Can you help to understand. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabhanes
1 Replies
wrsm(7D)							      Devices								  wrsm(7D)

NAME
wrsm - WCI Remote Shared Memory (WRSM) device driver SYNOPSIS
wci@<slot>,0:wrsm wrsm@<instance>:ctrl wrsm@ffff,0:admin DESCRIPTION
The wrsm driver is a nexus driver that manages Sun Fire Link devices and wrsm controllers. A WCI device on a Sun Fire Link board is attached directly to the host system bus and provides clustering communication between Solaris instances that are memory transaction-based. The WCI acts as a memory controller on the system backplane. The wrsm driver programs regis- ters on the WCI to accept network read/write requests on certain exported cluster addresses from incoming links. The registers translate the requests into local read/write bus transactions that use local physical memory ranges that you specify. The driver programs additional WCI registers to forward local system backplane read/write transactions within a particular physical address range to a remote WCI. A WCI device in the format wci@slot,0:wrsm appears in the device tree. A wrsm controller is a pseudo device that manages a set of WCIs. A device entry in the format wrsm@<instance>:ctrl appears in the device tree. A wrsm controller presents a Sun proprietary protocol to clients, enabling them to set up the network and to communicate through the WCIs. To configure a wrsm controller, you download a configuration into the driver using the wrsmconf(1M) command or through other external WCI network management software. Status information on each WCI and wrsm controller is available by using the wrsmstat(1M) command. The wrsm admin device is used internally by the driver to manage the I/O addresses associated with remote memory. A device entry in the format wrsm@ffff,0:admin appears in the device tree FILES
/platform/sun4u/kernel/drv/sparcv9/wrsm ELF kernel module SEE ALSO
wrsmconf(1M), wrsmstat(1M) Writing Device Drivers DIAGNOSTICS
The messages described below may appear on the system console as well as being logged. These messages generally include the string wrsm%d, where %d is the instance number of the wrsm device. The message context indicates whether the device is a WCI or a wrsm controller. Some messages include the string wci %a, where %a is the bus slot of the WCI device. wrsm%d: unable to map register set %d Driver was unable to map device registers; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach device, device will be inaccessible. wrsm_detach:cf_remove_controller failed for wrsm%d Driver did not detach device; device is inaccessible. wrsm_detach:cf_remove_wci failed for wrsm%d Driver did not detach device. This WCI is the last WCI in wrsm controller. register_controller of wrsm%d failed with error %d The wrsm controller could not register with the Sun proprietary protocol framework. Communication is not possible through this con- troller. wrsm%d, wci %a, SRAM CE ERROR, at address: 0x%x, syndrome:0x%x There was a correctable error in the WCI's SRAM. This indicates that the memory on this WCI module should be replaced. wrsm%d, wci %a, SRAM UE ERROR, at address: 0x%x, syndrome:0x%x There was an uncorrectable error in the WCI's SRAM. This indicates that the memory on this WCI module should be replaced. In addition, attempts to access local memory from remote nodes may fail. SunOS 5.10 17 Nov 2002 wrsm(7D)