Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script(s) to Automate Tasks
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script(s) to Automate Tasks Post 302197648 by droppedonjapan on Wednesday 21st of May 2008 10:32:30 AM
Old 05-21-2008
Thanks

Alright, I didn't know that there was an easy way to get the folder that you're in, and not the entire path. Thanks a lot for the help. I appreciate it.

Here's my final script.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

x=$(basename `pwd`)

mentor $x.qpx -test

exit 0

Thanks again!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

here document to automate perl script that call script

I am trying to use a here document to automate testing a perl script however when the perl script hits a system(perl subscript.pl) call, input is no longer entered into this subscript. here is my script $ cat test.sh #ksh for testcase do program <<-EOF | tee -a funcscnlog.log y... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hogger84
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate Script ***V. Urgent

Hi All, ./procdure.ksh which opens the below the menu, I want to build a script which will press 4 and run the Sector Data Automatically (instead of pressing option 4 manually) Is there any way for this, please let me know... 1) FX Rates MDU 9) Fidessa Cash... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceboykunal123
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I automate a script?

Hi All, Can I automate a script when some one trying to 'vi' (open) a file. For Example, I am having a file named 'SecuredShell.sh'. when a user types " vi SecuredShell.sh " in unix command prompt a script named secure.sh needs to be automated. Can this be possible. if Yes please guide... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Threads/Tasks to run parallely using the shell script

Scenario: I have two PCs (named as A & B) which would send some traps to my third PC (named as C). In PC C, I have to write a shell script such that it should accept the datas from both the PC-A & B parallely. So my question is, is it possible to have two different child threads/tasks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthiruvenkatam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate remote script

Hi all, I need to execute a script on a remote machine that are connected to the network.The basic requirement is to write a script which will login in remote machine and then execute the other script automatically placed in remote machine.So that I need to execute the remote machine script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

automate the script

Dear all, I I want to login to my Linux machine using putty and then run some script from Windows machine.we can do it after loging it and then execute the script by typing it in putty command line screen. but I want to automate it.So whenever I will fire this script,it will do the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linking two tasks in a script

Hi, I have a question. I have a file that I need to do two things to. The first thing I need to do is turn a file with lines before and after a line with the term "Acceptance" into only the "Acceptance" line and every line thereafter. I am using this: grep -A1000000 "Acceptance" Brown_DL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikey11415
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule tasks in shell script

shell=ksh, How could I schedule tasks in shell script INSTEAD OF using the crontab -e functionality? For example, I want a script to print "Hello World" every 10 seconds (i.e., INTERVAL = 10s) until external termination signal is triggered. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Script to read a tab delimited file and perform simple tasks

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hello! I need help with this problem bash shell scripting that basically just reads the data in a tab delimited file and does the following below 1. Read in the data file Survey.txt and assign the column values to variables of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsmith6932
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script parallel tasks and command to wait untill complete?

Hello, im having bash script with while *** command1 && command2 && command3 && done i want to ask how i can prevent overloading server, by waiting untill all commands complete? any low resources intensive command like "wait" - i dont know if exist? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
2 Replies
PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)					      General Commands Manual					     PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
pct-scanner-script - easy scan and create merged DjVu and PDF documents for archiving SYNOPSIS
pct-scanner-script [--help] DESCRIPTION
pct-scanner-script is a bash script and configuration system to easily scan documents and create a digital archiving. It can create DjVu PDF and JPEG outputs, in merged and individual files. It also has a configuration system where different configurations can be defined, making it easy to switch between configurations. Please use pct-scanner-script --help to find all program options, the complete help, and all examples. Features: - auto archiving in merged and individual DjVu, PDF, and JPEG files - auto and manual resume when scanning somehow fails - cascading configuration system, for easy customizing - easy command-line-style bash program, with useful options - archiving made possible with both adf and flatbed scanners - built for productivity and daily use - uses bash, scanadf and other mainstream processing tools - multilanguage commandline output OPTIONS
-h, --help, -? Show summary of options, help, and examples. DEBUGGING
This program is a helper script to easy scan and automated digital document archiving for normal and adf scanners. You can debug this script by running it as bash -x pct-scanner-script [options]. The script is just a nice wrapper for the scanadf, DjVu and PDF tools. SEE ALSO
scanadf(1), AUTHOR
pct-scanner-script and this manual page are written by: Jelle de Jong <jelledejong@powercraft.nl>. March 31, 2009 PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)