Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Not able execute 'expr' in RedHat Linux 2.6.9-22.EL Post 302197523 by listenanil on Wednesday 21st of May 2008 05:57:19 AM
Old 05-21-2008
Bug

Dear Aju,

Thanks a lot. Its working fine now.. SmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redhat linux 7.3

hi, just installed redhat linux 7.3 on my server, and put it in gnome gui. Does anyone know what software i need to run a web server??? and what software i need to set up a proxy to secure it? also, if these are free to download, can you give me the links. Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt2kjones
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RedHat linux questions??

1. is redhat linux 7.3 the latest version ?? 2. where can i find FREE documentation regarding it ?? installation , etc... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BAM
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

RedHat Linux Cd

I am wondering if anyone has copies (or can burn me a copy) of RedHat Linux. I will pay shipping charges... I don't have a CD burner and i dont want to run it off of my hard drive... please email me at: empireinfo623@yahoo.com or baldwitm@muc.edu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thedude623
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux RedHat. Help please.

I from russia. install rus Linux RedHat. When i load linux it ask me for user name and pass... and up of ask form label: Welcome to localhost... dont remember... what i want write in it? (sorry, bad english..:( ).. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sen
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP on Redhat Linux 9

Anyone know how to get FTP up and running on a fresh install of RedHat Linux 9? Thanx, Aaron (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
2 Replies

6. Slackware

Redhat Linux?

Hi, I use linux and it is a great OS, I use Redhat Linux 9 and I was wondering are they going to update 9 or they'll be leaving that to the fedora project? I would like a stable linux distro. Thanks -n (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Insomniac
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat Linux?

I seen a pool that said Linux was the most popular Unix download. I then seen Redhat Linux is the most popular Linux download. Is there a difference? Is it the better program/s? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_Pinky
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

test expr VS [ expr ]

What is the difference between test expr VS . For example : if test 5 -eq 6 echo "Wrong" and if echo "Wrong" bot will give the same output as Wrong. Now, what is the difference between these two? though they are producing the same result why we need two? Any answer will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
2 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Redhat Linux 5

Can anyone help me outwith the post installation script.I'm newbie to scripting! i need to customize the post installation script using kickstart..here are the requirements to be set set permissions /etc/crontab =400 /etc/securetty=400 /etc/sysctl.conf=600 and following services to be set OFF... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bvkumar
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Difference Redhat Linux/RH Enterprise Linux

what is the difference between Redhat Linux and Redhat Enterprise Linux. whereas Redhat linux have Server installation options too. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hananabbas
2 Replies
TEST(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   TEST(1)

NAME
test - condition command SYNOPSIS
test expr DESCRIPTION
test evaluates the expression expr, and if its value is true then returns zero exit status; otherwise, a non zero exit status is returned. test returns a non zero exit if there are no arguments. The following primitives are used to construct expr. -r file true if the file exists and is readable. -w file true if the file exists and is writable. -f file true if the file exists and is not a directory. -d file true if the file exists and is a directory. -s file true if the file exists and has a size greater than zero. -t [ fildes ] true if the open file whose file descriptor number is fildes (1 by default) is associated with a terminal device. -z s1 true if the length of string s1 is zero. -n s1 true if the length of the string s1 is nonzero. s1 = s2 true if the strings s1 and s2 are equal. s1 != s2 true if the strings s1 and s2 are not equal. s1 true if s1 is not the null string. n1 -eq n2 true if the integers n1 and n2 are algebraically equal. Any of the comparisons -ne, -gt, -ge, -lt, or -le may be used in place of -eq. These primaries may be combined with the following operators: ! unary negation operator -a binary and operator -o binary or operator ( expr ) parentheses for grouping. -a has higher precedence than -o. Notice that all the operators and flags are separate arguments to test. Notice also that parentheses are meaningful to the Shell and must be escaped. SEE ALSO
sh(1), find(1) TEST(1)