Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to remove old files and write to a log file Post 302197473 by ripat on Wednesday 21st of May 2008 03:52:39 AM
Old 05-21-2008
Your condition is not correct. Try this:
Code:
if [ $RUN_TYPE != 'r' ] && [ $RUN_TYPE != 'd' ] ; then

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to write Flat Files by shell script using Oracle Database

Hello There.. I came to a situation where I need to write flat files using shell scripts, I need to pull the records from the oracle database and create the flat file, This process should be automated. Can any shell script expert out here to help me.. please.. Will be really glad to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolbuddy
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to Extract time from log files and write to a excel

Can someone help me with writing a unix script for following requirement 1) I have a log file in which we have start time and end time (format: hh:mm:ss) Example: starting script on Thu Jun 5 20:50:52 Thu Jun 5 21:55:33 - Script Completed 2) I want to extract start time and end time of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone help me with writing a unix script for following requirement 1) I have a log file in which we have start time and end time (format: hh:mm:ss) Example: starting script on Thu Jun 5 20:50:52 Thu Jun 5 21:55:33 - Script Completed 2) I want to extract start time and end time of... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can someone help me with writing a unix script for following requirement 1) I have a log file in which we have start time and end time (format: hh:mm:ss) Example: starting script on Thu Jun 5 20:50:52 --------- Thu Jun 5 21:55:33 - Script Completed 2) I want to extract... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To write a shell script which groups files with certain pattern, create a tar and zip

Hi Guru's, I have to write a shell script which groups file names based upon the certain matching string pattern, then creates the Tar file for that particular group of files and then zips the Tar file created for the respective group of files. For example, In the given directory these files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahu_sg
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a shell script for write files with 2 parameters

Hello, I'm a newbie in shell script. So, i would like to create a shell script which take 2 IN parameters (PARAM1 and PARAM2). This script need to create 2 files as : I need to create this file /etc/apache2/sites-available/PARAM2 : <VirtualHost *:80> DocumentRoot "/home/PARAM1/www"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatlumo
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for

Hi , Please help me getting this done. Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching pattern. (i) Conditions for creating log files. Log file is created with date (example 2010_03_27.log). If the log file size is 10 Mb for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itian2010
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a shell script to display files in single path?

Hello friends, I am a script which dispalys a multiple files with their contents. for exm: suppose two file test1.txt and test2.txt. when I run my script it have to display the below O/P. test1.txt -rw-r----- 1 sranga staff 91 Sep 23 02:18 calc.sh -rw-r----- 1 sranga ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaranga001
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a script for moving the log files to some other folder

Hi Experts, I want to write a script, based upon the following requirement 1) I am having 5 application $ cd logs $ ls -l drwxr-xr-x 2 natraj nat 5.0K Sep 20 10:25 one drwxr-xr-x 2 natraj nat 5.0K Sep 20 10:39 two drwxr-xr-x 2 natraj nat 1.5K Sep 20 10:58... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write to log file whether the shell script call pass fail

I have the below script triggered daily at 330am in the morning, since last 7 days job not writing anything to database. below impala shell calling shell file which has sql , it is extracting data and loads to a flat file txt file. which is going wrong for last 1 week. need help, echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
2 Replies
NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)                                           File Formats Manual                                          NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/netscript/network.conf - interface, firewalling, and QoS configuration file. /etc/netscript/if.conf - interface setup shell script file /etc/netscript/qos.conf - QoS setup shell script file /etc/netscript/ipfilter.conf - IP chains filtering shell script file /etc/netscript/srvfilter.conf - server IP filter shell script file DESCRIPTION
This manpage is a place holder until something better is written when the netscript itself has stopped changing rapidly. Please see the README file in the /etc/netscript directory, and READ the configuration files if you need to change them. Apart from net- work.conf, all of them contain sh (1) shell script functions which are there so that various things can be altered or hooked in at the right place. Network.conf contains the full network setup details, including special interface setup for the likes of ciped/pppd/wanconfig, and is fully commented with examples given. UPGRADE PATH FROM KERNEL 2.2.X The firewall/IP filtering stuff in ipfilter.conf is the part that changed radically with the move to iptables and a far better way of set- ting up the IP filtering rules, however the QoS and interface startup/shutdown in if.conf have changed but are backwards compatible with the old 2.2.x ipchains version of netscript for the interface address configuration settings. You will have to set up the filtering again to use iptables by directly using the iptables commands. Also, the kernel 2.2.x version scripts are set up so that iptables is only run on a 2.4.x kernel, otherwise IP forwarding is disabled if beforehand you set IPFWDING_KERNEL to FILTER_ON in network.conf. This means that when you upgrade a box to a 2.4.x router kernel, you should then be able to reboot it and log into remotely and upgrade netscript to the version that will support 2.4.x. In this situation, if you have set old IPFWDING_KERNEL setting to FILTER_ON beforehand in network.conf, all IP forwarding through the box will also be disabled. This means that you can safely remotely upgrade a firewall. SEE ALSO
netscript(8), ipchains(8), iproute(8), brcfg(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Grant <grantma@anathoth.gen.nz>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BUGS
The author is lazy. He needs to write btter man pages... November 23, 2000 NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)