Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How An Application Sets The Ip Options??? Post 302197443 by aamirglb on Wednesday 21st of May 2008 02:53:18 AM
Old 05-21-2008
How An Application Sets The Ip Options???

Hello Friends,
I'm involved in test the UDP/IP source code.
As you might be knowing, IPv4 provides several options: like Loose Source and Record Route (LSRR), Strict Source and Record Route (SSRR) etc.
I wanted to test the above mentioned IP options.
My strategy is to write a test application on top of the UDP/IP stack and enable the LSRR and send the datagrams. By monitoring the network traffic (using a tool such as ethereal) we can find out whether those options are working correctly or not.
But my problem is: HOW AN APPLICATION SETS THE IP OPTIONS???
BSD provides functions such as getsockopt and setsockopt to change the default behaviour of sockets. But If I see the man page of setsockopt, there are no options to set the above two IP options!!

Can any one please let me know how an application enable LSRR & SSRR IPv4 options.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Md. Aamir Ali
Bangalore

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FILE SETS in unix

Hi all, Pls. let me know whether there is any concept called "FILE SETS" in unix? Because, I am using ETL tool DataStage which creates FILE SETS. While I am able to view the data of such a file set in the tool, the "cat" command on this FILESET lists only the Metadata and not the data content... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparna_A
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Character Sets

Hi I was just wondering if there was a way in which i could find out the character set used in a file in HP-UX. ie Whether it is Unicode, UTF-8,ascii etc. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PradeepRed
3 Replies

3. AIX

IP Security file sets

hello, we are implementing ip security on several of our aix 5.2-09 boxes and i am unable to locate the prerequisite file sets. does anyone know where i can find these? i have the original 5.2 cd's but these file sets are not on any of the cd's. Any thoughts or suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
3 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Clouds (Partially Order Sets) - Streams (Linearly Ordered Sets) - Part 2

timbass Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:07:53 +0000 Originally posted in Yahoo! CEP-Interest Here is my follow-up note on posets (partially ordered sets) and tosets (totally or linearly ordered sets) as background set theory for event processing, and in particular CEP and ESP. In my last note, we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

differentiating two sets

Hi Suppose i have a set of files like this set1 a.cpp@@main/5 b.cpp@@main/6 set 2 m.cpp@@main/51 n.hpp@@main/51 a.cpp@@main/15 b.cpp@@main/2 there may be files with same name in 2 sets. i need to list the files in set1 which have last numeric field less than the same file in... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
15 Replies

6. Solaris

FSS and processor sets

I read somewhere which says """FSS can be assigned to processor sets, resulting in more sensitive control of priorities on a server than raw processor sets"" can any one tell me how we can assign FSS to processor set and how it works ? Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Kernel boot options removed by fault, no boot options

Hello Everyone, First of all, I highly appreciate all Linux forum members and whole Linux community. http://forums.linuxmint.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif. I wish you the best for all of you ! I will try to be short and concise: I am using Linux Mint 10 for 2 months on 2 ws, and all went... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdt
3 Replies
sip_enable_trans_logging(3SIP)			   Session Initiation Protocol Library Functions		    sip_enable_trans_logging(3SIP)

NAME
sip_enable_trans_logging, sip_enable_dialog_logging, sip_disable_dialog_logging, sip_disable_trans_logging - transaction and dialog logging operations SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lsip [ library... ] #include <sip.h> int sip_enable_trans_logging(FILE *logfile, int flags); int sip_enable_dialog_logging(FILE *logfile, int flags); void sip_disable_dialog_logging(); void sip_disable_trans_logging(); DESCRIPTION
The sip_enable_trans_logging() and sip_enable_dialog_logging() functions enable transaction and dialog logging respectively. The logfile argument points to a file to which the SIP messages are logged. The flags argument controls the amount of logging. The only flag defined in <sip.h> is SIP_DETAIL_LOGGING. Either transaction or dialog logging, or both, can be enabled at any time. For dialog logging to work, the SIP stack must be enabled to manage dialogs (using SIP_STACK_DIALOGS, see sip_stack_init(3SIP)) when the stack is initialized. All the messages exchanged within a transaction/dialog is captured and later dumped to a log file when the transaction or dialog is deleted or terminated. Upon termination, each dialog writes to the file the messages that were processed in its context. Similarly, upon termina- tion each transaction writes to the file the messages that were processed in its context. The sip_disable_trans_logging() and sip_disable_dialog_logging() functions disable the transaction or dialog logging. These functions do not close the files. It is the responsibility of the application to close them. The log contains the state of the transaction or dialog at the time the message was processed. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, sip_enable_trans_logging() and sip_enable_dialog_logging() return 0. They return EINVAL if logfile is NULL or flags is unrecognized. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Dialog logging The following is an example of dialog logging. FILE *logfile; logfile = fopen("/tmp/ApplicationA", "a+"); sip_enable_dialog_logging(logfile, SIP_DETAIL_LOGGING); /* Application sends INVITE, recieves 180 and 200 response and dialog is created. */ /* Application sends ACK request */ /* Application sends BYE and recieves 200 response */ /* Application disables logging */ sip_disable_dialog_logging(); The log file will be of the following format. ************* Begin Dialog ************* Digest : 43854 43825 26120 9475 5415 21595 25658 18538 ----------------------------- Dialog State : SIP_DLG_NEW Tue Nov 27 15:53:34 2007| Message - 1 INVITE sip:user@example.com SIP/2.0 From: "Me" < sip:me@mydomain.com > ; TAG=tag-from-01 To: "You" < sip:you@yourdomain.com > Contact: < sip:myhome.host.com > MAX-FORWARDS: 70 Call-ID: 1261K6A6492KF33549XM CSeq: 111 INVITE CONTENT-TYPE: application/sdp Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.0.0.1 : 5060 ;branch=z9hG4bK-via-EVERYTHINGIDO-05 Record-Route: <sip:server1.com;lr> Record-Route: <sip:server2.com;lr> CONTENT-LENGTH : 0 Tue Nov 27 15:53:34 2007| Message - 2 SIP/2.0 180 Ringing Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.0.0.1 : 5060 ;branch=z9hG4bK-via-EVERYTHINGIDO-05 From: "Me" < sip:me@mydomain.com > ; TAG=tag-from-01 To: "You" < sip:you@yourdomain.com >;tag=1 Call-ID: 1261K6A6492KF33549XM CSeq: 111 INVITE Contact: <sip:whitestar2-0.East.Sun.COM:5060;transport=UDP> Record-Route: <sip:server1.com;lr> Record-Route: <sip:server2.com;lr> Content-Length: 0 ----------------------------- Dialog State : SIP_DLG_EARLY /* Entire 200 OK SIP Response */ ----------------------------- Dialog State : SIP_DLG_CONFIRMED /* Entire ACK Request */ /* Entire BYE Request */ /* Entire 200 OK Response */ ----------------------------- ************* End Dialog ************* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sip_stack_init(3SIP), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 11 Jan 2008 sip_enable_trans_logging(3SIP)