Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing options to a bash script Post 302197377 by Ygor on Wednesday 21st of May 2008 12:49:14 AM
Old 05-21-2008
I think that you want "getopts", which is a bash built-in command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable from bash to perl from bash script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable to perl script from bash script, where in perl i am using if condition. Here is the cmd what i am using in perl FROM_DATE="06/05/2008" TO_DATE="07/05/2008" "perl -ne ' print if ( $_ >="$FROM_DATE" && $_ <= "$TO_DATE" ) ' filename" filename has... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsidh
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing options into a script

Afternoon all, I have been writing a script to do some selects on a table dependent on what options are selected when the script is run: #!/bin/ksh set -x set -m if then echo "usage: msglog.ksh -da <date and time> -i <interface> -m <msg> -di <direction> -mi <MIR>" exit 1 fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to compile multiple .c files with some options

I'm trying to write a bash script and call it "compile" such that running it allows me to compile multiple files with the options "-help," "-backup," and "-clean". I've got the code for the options written, i just can't figure out how to read the input string and then translate that into option... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: travis.batzer
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to add new options in bash script

what i want to be is that i would like to reinvent new options that have the same functionality as ... -u is the same functionality of conv=ucase and -l have the same functionality as conv=lcase... is there a way that i can put these in my script so that whenever i will typed in command... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: aphryllyn1
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading command line options from bash script

I have the following code and I am calling it using ./raytrac.bash -u and getting problems. For some reason opt_usage is still 0. opt_usage=0 iarg=0 narg=$# while (($iarg < $narg)) do (( iarg = $iarg + 1 )) arg=$argv usrInputFlag=`echo $arg | awk '/=/ {print 1}; ! /=/... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
22 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing string from SQL to a BASH script

OS Solaris 10, DB oracle 10g Hello, We currently have a BASH script that runs and moves image files from a remote server to the local db server. A snippet of the code shows that we are picking up all Images that are 'mtime -1' some code... for file in `ssh user@10.200.200.10 'find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonP
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to a bash script

Hi, I wanted to pass an argument to a bash script. So that the argument is used inside the awk command inside the bash script. I know the noraml way of passing argument to a bash script as below : sh myScript.sh abc Inside the bash script i can use like this myArg1=$1 wc $myArg But... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from bash to perl script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable from bash script to perl script and in the perl script i am using those variables in the sql query but its giving error : Use of uninitialized value $ENV{"COUNTRYCD"} in concatenation (.) or string at /GIS_ROOT/custom/tables/DBread_vendor.pl line 50. Can ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NileshJ
6 Replies

9. Web Development

Passing variable from PHP to bash script

I am totally new to PHP and I am trying to create a script that will as a user for a hostname and then use the "hostname" variable to generate a report using REST API. I am able to create the html script and php script to GET the "hostname" but I am having trouble passing the hostname variable... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running options in bash script

Hello UNIX & Linux Forums community! Long time Linux daily user hobbyist, new to shell scripting.... I'm working on a script that does all the "work" in one script, and makes calls to a second script to display info to the user via mostly expanding variables in heredocs. I'm contemplating... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cody Learner
6 Replies
PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)					      General Commands Manual					     PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
pct-scanner-script - easy scan and create merged DjVu and PDF documents for archiving SYNOPSIS
pct-scanner-script [--help] DESCRIPTION
pct-scanner-script is a bash script and configuration system to easily scan documents and create a digital archiving. It can create DjVu PDF and JPEG outputs, in merged and individual files. It also has a configuration system where different configurations can be defined, making it easy to switch between configurations. Please use pct-scanner-script --help to find all program options, the complete help, and all examples. Features: - auto archiving in merged and individual DjVu, PDF, and JPEG files - auto and manual resume when scanning somehow fails - cascading configuration system, for easy customizing - easy command-line-style bash program, with useful options - archiving made possible with both adf and flatbed scanners - built for productivity and daily use - uses bash, scanadf and other mainstream processing tools - multilanguage commandline output OPTIONS
-h, --help, -? Show summary of options, help, and examples. DEBUGGING
This program is a helper script to easy scan and automated digital document archiving for normal and adf scanners. You can debug this script by running it as bash -x pct-scanner-script [options]. The script is just a nice wrapper for the scanadf, DjVu and PDF tools. SEE ALSO
scanadf(1), AUTHOR
pct-scanner-script and this manual page are written by: Jelle de Jong <jelledejong@powercraft.nl>. March 31, 2009 PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)