Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking Files with a Shell Script Post 302197343 by unSpawn on Tuesday 20th of May 2008 09:47:14 PM
Old 05-20-2008
If you mean "display" as in "edit" you could for instance:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
[ $# -eq 0 -o -d "$1" ] || { echo "${0//*\//}: dirname"; exit 1; }
find "$1" -type f -iname \*.df | while read FILE; do
 # Results go to stdout, and
 checkfile.x "${FILE}" 2>/dev/null
 # ...provided "checkfile.x" uses proper exit codes, you could...
 [ $? -eq 0 ] || vi "${FILE}"; wait
done
exit 0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the valid paths in the shell script

Hi i am using a shell script for renaming the files and placing in the remote location(FTP) my code is: cd $1 day=$(date +%d) for i in `ls -1 BBW*` do last=`tail -1 $i` pat=`expr "$last" : '.*(\(.*\)).*'` pat=`echo $pat | sed 's/ /_/'` pat=$pat$day mv $i $pat rm -f $day done... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking exit status of a shell script

Hi, I have tried with the following code; if ;then echo "Failure." else echo "Success." fi to test the exit status of the test.ksh shell script. But whatever is the exit status of the test.ksh shell script Failure. is always printed. Please help. regards, Dipankar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdipankar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regularly checking with shell script

Hi, I am new in scripting and also in Linux. I wrote my first script recently. I have an external hdd connected to my debian machine. I am spinning it down using a spindown code (code.google.com/p/spindown/)when I am not using it ( automatically after 1 hour). The problem was I wanted to know when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aspedisca
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the password thru Regex via Shell Script

All, I'm new to shell script. How do I check the password 1)password should have atleast one alpha character and one non-alpha character (0-9 Special) 2)password should not contain three or more repeated alpha numeric characters in a row Can somebody help me in creating the regular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gudikal_karanam
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking to see if a service is running in a shell script

How can I tell, in a shell script, if a certain service is running? I know how to do this on the command line, but not in a script. Is an error thrown somehow that I can check? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: daflore
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script should keep checking for availability of files.

Hi, I want my script to check for availability of few files contineously for some time. Lets say from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM script should keep checking on a particular location for each file one by one. If all the files are available then only it should complete the next processing part, else... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for continuously checking status of a another script running in background, and immedia

Hi, I want to write a script which continuously checking status of a script running in background by nohup command. And if same script is not running then immediately start the script...please help.. i am using below command to run script nohup system_traps.sh & but in some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Service checking through shell script

I want to check the postgres service for client PC which is remotely placed through shell script , whether the Postgres service is working or not.I don't have an idea to develop this script.Please give me a code. Client PC IP Address: 10.66.1.133 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with C-shell Script: Disk checking

Hi, i am new in shell script. i have given a task to make a C-shell script. I have list of ip address and device name respectively. For example; cal 1 : 100.21.25.10 cal 2 : 100.21.25.11 cal 3 : 100.21.25.12 cal 4 : 100.21.25.14 and so on... Right now, i have this. #! /bin/csh -f ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lattey
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to keep checking the directory for files.

Hello Folks, Looking for a script which can keep doing ls to the directories and once file landed to the directory then ,read the files do further calculation and exit. Kindly guide. Regards, Sadique (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
3 Replies
IBID-DB(1)						     Ibid - Multi-protocol Bot							IBID-DB(1)

NAME
ibid-db - Database management utility for Ibid SYNOPSIS
ibid-db command [options...] DESCRIPTION
This utility is for offline management of your Ibid bot's database. Used for import, export, and upgrades. The export format is DBMS-agnostic and can be used to migrate between different databases. COMMANDS
-e FILE, --export=FILE Export DB contents to FILE. Export format is JSON. FILE can be - for stdin/stdout or can end in .gz for automatic gzip compression. -i FILE, --import=FILE Import DB contents from FILE as exported by this utility. FILE can be - for stdin/stdout or can end in .gz for automatic gzip compression. Note: The DB must be empty first. -u, --upgrade Upgrade DB schema to the latest version. You need to run this after upgrading your bot. Note: You should backup first. OPTIONS
--version Show the program's version and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. -v, --verbose Turn on debugging output to stderr. FILES
ibid.ini Locates the database to act upon by looking for the [databases].ibid value in the bot configuration file in the current directory. SEE ALSO
ibid(1), ibid.ini(5), ibid-setup(1), http://ibid.omnia.za.net/ Ibid 0.1 March 2010 IBID-DB(1)