Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX NIM Problems creating a mksysb_resource Post 302197303 by pdtak on Tuesday 20th of May 2008 07:58:24 PM
Old 05-20-2008
NIM Problems creating a mksysb_resource

Has anyone run into issues creating a mksysb_resource via NIM?
We get the following messages

0042-001 nim: processing error encountered on "master":
0042-006 m_mkbosi: (From_Master) connect A remote host refused an
attempted connect operation.

This happens on the LPARs on the same frame between master and client.

Any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

migrate NIM server through NIM installation

I try to migrate a NIM server from one server to another. I try to do a mksysb on NIM server restore the NIM server's mksysb to a client through NIM installation shutdown NIM server start newly installed client as NIM server Does anyone do this before? who can give me some suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanzhang
1 Replies

2. AIX

Nim

Hello everyone I have two questions. 1.-The NIM and EZNIM are the same. 2.-If I have in one partition NIM installed I need to install EZNIM or I need to unistall NIM and then install EZNIM. Thanks for your comments. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

4. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

5. AIX

NIM : remove nim client info from the client

Hi. I change my client's IP and hostname but I forgot to change anything on the master. How can I redefine or modify my client's resource from my master, or with using smit niminit from my client ? Tks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Creating a .profile, displaying system variables, and creating an alias

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is what I am supposed to do, word for word from my assignment page: 1. Create/modify and print a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
2 Replies

7. AIX

Creating NIM SPOT using an existing mksysb from cliet

Hi, i backed up a test LPAR using mksyb utility on AIX. and transferred it to NIM server via NFS. I want to create a SPOT using this mksysb . Please explain me the procedure. And got something online, but that procedure is different. Please respond. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

8. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies

9. AIX

How to know NIM name from NIM client?

Friend's, I was playing around with NIM in my environment & had a quick question in mind which I didn't/couldn't find answer to, which is -- how to find the name of the NIM server sitting on the NIM client? All leads to the answer would be much appreciated, many thanks! -- Souvik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Problems creating and accessing with user

Hi, I have created the user 'mastersa' in several servers. I need to change the user ID to '0'. However, after doing this, I am not able to login (Access denied). Even after I change the password, I still get this error. Why is this? Also, when I attempt to delete the user account, I get... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
5 Replies
PUPPET-KICK(8)							   Puppet manual						    PUPPET-KICK(8)

NAME
puppet-kick - Remotely control puppet agent SYNOPSIS
Trigger a puppet agent run on a set of hosts. USAGE
puppet kick [-a|--all] [-c|--class class] [-d|--debug] [-f|--foreground] [-h|--help] [--host host] [--no-fqdn] [--ignoreschedules] [-t|--tag tag] [--test] [-p|--ping] host [host [...]] DESCRIPTION
This script can be used to connect to a set of machines running 'puppet agent' and trigger them to run their configurations. The most com- mon usage would be to specify a class of hosts and a set of tags, and 'puppet kick' would look up in LDAP all of the hosts matching that class, then connect to each host and trigger a run of all of the objects with the specified tags. If you are not storing your host configurations in LDAP, you can specify hosts manually. You will most likely have to run 'puppet kick' as root to get access to the SSL certificates. 'puppet kick' reads 'puppet master''s configuration file, so that it can copy things like LDAP settings. USAGE NOTES
Puppet kick needs the puppet agent on the target machine to be running as a daemon, be configured to listen for incoming network connec- tions, and have an appropriate security configuration. The specific changes required are: o Set listen = true in the agent's puppet.conf file (or --listen on the command line) o Configure the node's firewall to allow incoming connections on port 8139 o Insert the following stanza at the top of the node's auth.conf file: # Allow puppet kick access path /run method save auth any allow workstation.example.com This example would allow the machine workstation.example.com to trigger a Puppet run; adjust the "allow" directive to suit your site. You may also use allow * to allow anyone to trigger a Puppet run, but that makes it possible to interfere with your site by triggering exces- sive Puppet runs. See http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/rest_auth_conf.html for more details about security settings. OPTIONS
Note that any configuration parameter that's valid in the configuration file is also a valid long argument. For example, 'ssldir' is a valid configuration parameter, so you can specify '--ssldir directory' as an argument. See the configuration file documentation at http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/latest/configuration.html for the full list of acceptable parameters. A commented list of all configuration options can also be generated by running puppet master with '--genconfig'. --all Connect to all available hosts. Requires LDAP support at this point. --class Specify a class of machines to which to connect. This only works if you have LDAP configured, at the moment. --debug Enable full debugging. --foreground Run each configuration in the foreground; that is, when connecting to a host, do not return until the host has finished its run. The default is false. --help Print this help message --host A specific host to which to connect. This flag can be specified more than once. --ignoreschedules Whether the client should ignore schedules when running its configuration. This can be used to force the client to perform work it would not normally perform so soon. The default is false. --parallel How parallel to make the connections. Parallelization is provided by forking for each client to which to connect. The default is 1, meaning serial execution. --tag Specify a tag for selecting the objects to apply. Does not work with the --test option. --test Print the hosts you would connect to but do not actually connect. This option requires LDAP support at this point. --ping Do a ICMP echo against the target host. Skip hosts that don't respond to ping. EXAMPLE
$ sudo puppet kick -p 10 -t remotefile -t webserver host1 host2 AUTHOR
Luke Kanies COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011 Puppet Labs, LLC Licensed under the Apache 2.0 License Puppet Labs, LLC June 2012 PUPPET-KICK(8)