Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Restarting jobs after failures Post 302197210 by hern14 on Tuesday 20th of May 2008 11:41:53 AM
Old 05-20-2008
Continuing and breaking a for loop

Never mind

Last edited by hern14; 05-20-2008 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: found previous post with similar question

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Core dump failures

Does anyone have a list of error codes when core dumps fail? What is error 4? I also have another box that does error-2 occasionally. if anyone has a list of these error codes, it would be appreciated, thanks! I have the error below: NOTICE: core_log: ns-admin core dump failed,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs exit status and limit the number of jobs to run

i need to execute 5 jobs at a time in background and need to get the exit status of all the jobs i wrote small script below , i'm not sure this is right way to do it.any ideas please help. $cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh #################################### typeset -u SCHEMA_NAME=$1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Communication Failures

HI ALL, I have been trying to install a particular software using remote linux server. some thing like this: rsh <host ID> /usr/sbin/swinstall -x autoreboot=true -s /tmp/<software> <Product name>. The problem is whenever I try to install the product through a shell script the installation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barun agarwal
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display login failures

How to display failled login in a file. i.e when there occurs a login failure,the login failed date and time should be printed in that file.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravind007
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Prediction of failures

Any diagnostic tool to do predictive check on all the SUN hard disks before it fails, as a preventive measure? Meaning, is there any tool that can really check for hdd which are failing/or "will fail soon" for Sun servers? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
12 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 svcs failures

upon rebooting the solaris 10 system, all the services went offilne or uninitialised. If I break the SVM mirror and reboot the system with the raw device, all services are up. Once I recreate a fresh mirror(metadevices) and reboot, it goes offline again. Needed to do svcadm clear <service> to bring... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture linking failures

Hi all, I have a script file that has numerous linking commands (ln -s) and currently there is no checking to see if the linking is successful or not and I need to implement something that checks if any of the linking failed and report a failure. The method I can think of is a small function... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zmfcat1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

waiting on jobs in bash, allowing limited parallel jobs at one time, and then for all to finish

Hello, I am running GNU bash, version 3.2.39(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu). I have a specific question pertaining to waiting on jobs run in sub-shells, based on the max number of parallel processes I want to allow, and then wait... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srao
1 Replies

9. Solaris

11.0 to 11.2 update failures

Attempting to update an 11.0 server with many non-global zones installed. pkg publisher is pkg.oracle.com/solaris/support. FMRI = pkg://solaris/entire@0.5.11,5.11-0.175.1.15.0.4.0:20131230T203500Z When we run pkg update --accept the server contacts oracle, checks packages, finds about 700... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CptCarrot
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job. Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE. I need an help how to start. Attaching the JOB dependency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkumarkal
3 Replies
DIFF3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  DIFF3(1)

NAME
diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison SYNOPSIS
diff3 [ -ex3 ] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
Diff3 compares three versions of a file, and publishes disagreeing ranges of text flagged with these codes: ==== all three files differ ====1 file1 is different ====2 file2 is different ====3 file3 is different The type of change suffered in converting a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways: f : n1 a Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = 1, 2, or 3. f : n1 , n2 c Text is to be changed in the range line n1 to line n2. If n1 = n2, the range may be abbreviated to n1. The original contents of the range follows immediately after a c indication. When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of the lower-numbered file is suppressed. Under the -e option, diff3 publishes a script for the editor ed that will incorporate into file1 all changes between file2 and file3, i.e. the changes that normally would be flagged ==== and ====3. Option -x (-3) produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged ==== (====3). The following command will apply the resulting script to `file1'. (cat script; echo '1,$p') | ed - file1 FILES
/tmp/d3????? /usr/lib/diff3 SEE ALSO
diff(1) BUGS
Text lines that consist of a single `.' will defeat -e. Files longer than 64K bytes won't work. DIFF3(1)