Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mbox ascii mail text file ?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mbox ascii mail text file ? Post 302197096 by era on Tuesday 20th of May 2008 07:46:48 AM
Old 05-20-2008
Could be either; depends on how you configured them. It doesn't look like any default value of Procmail's but maybe your system is configured to set up Procmail that way. Do you get log files? By your description, I guess fetchmail doesn't write anything, but passes everything to procmail; and in the absence of any explicit configuration, Procmail will write to where-ever $DEFAULT points to.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send text file to mail

I have a utility that opens a telnet session and allows me to execute commands through a script. The utility allows me to output to a text file whatever is outputted to screen. This utility runs from a DOS prompt in Windows 95/98, NT or 2000. How can I mail text file this to a certain user. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: petrosi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating flat text file (ASCII)

Hi everybody. I need help and I hope someone is willing to help me out here. My wholesale company is currently moving to new software. The old software is running on a UNIX platform. We need to migrate data from the UNIX system, but our former software provider refuses to assist the data... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wdonero
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert English text file to ASCII File?

file abc abc: English text I want to convert the above into file abc file: ascii text (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laknar
1 Replies

4. Programming

Reading a binary file in text or ASCII format

Hi All, Please suggest me how to read a binary file in text or ASCII format. thanks Nagendra (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagendra
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ASCII Text formatting

Hi All, I have a requirement to create a formatted text. That is., I have a plain text composed to send it through an Email using mailx. I need to change the formatting of the text like BOLD, ITALIC, UNDERINED, COLOURED, INDENT etc., First of all, is it possible in UNIX? If yes, please let... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail text appending to previous mail text

The following is an extract of code I wrote to produce an email report of accounts that are about to expire. It works fine except each time I run it the output is appended to all text from the previous mail that was sent. Can anybody see what I'm doing wrong? paexpire=`sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ArcGIS shapefile *.dbf file to ascii text

Okay, I search around and couldn't find what I needed, so here goes: I have a series of ArcGIS point shapefiles. If I open them in Excel I can save as an Excel or text file and get a 2 column list: POINTID | GRID_CODE 1 | 2.34234 2 | 4.3425 3 | 6.32456 etc... The problem is that I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrandt1979
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Import ASCII 28 delimited text file

I have an ASCII 28 delimited text file(non-printable delimiter) with 4 columns along with the header.I need to open this text file in Excel or any other tool to view each column content. Please help.. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneeta13
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies
sysfs(2)							System Calls Manual							  sysfs(2)

NAME
sysfs - get file system type information SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
is used to return information about the file system types configured in the system. The number arguments accepted by varies and depends on the opcode. The current recognized opcodes and their functions are: Translate fsname, a null-terminated file-system type identifier, into a file-system type index. Translate fs_index, a file-system type index, into a null-terminated file-system type identifier and write it into the buffer pointed to by buf; this buffer must be at least of size as defined in If there is no file-system type configured at fs_index, a null string is returned for the file-system type identifier. Return one more than the largest file system type configured. This is not the number of file system types configured, because the type numbers may not be contiguous. See the example below. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns the file-system type index if the opcode is a value of 0 if the opcode is or the number of file system types configured if the opcode is Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails if one or more of the following are true and sets to the value indicated: fsname points to an invalid file-system identifier; fs_index is negative or greater than the largest file-system type index; opcode is invalid. buf or fsname points to an invalid user address. EXAMPLES
List the filesystem types configured in the system. sysfs(2)