Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk, sed, grep...weird style
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk, sed, grep...weird style Post 302196928 by danmero on Monday 19th of May 2008 11:53:14 PM
Old 05-20-2008
Try this:
Code:
 awk '/xxxx/{p="xxxx";print substr($0,index($0,p),length($0)+1-index($0,p))}' data.file

Last edited by danmero; 05-20-2008 at 01:31 AM.. Reason: make life complicated

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help!!!awk,grep,sed

hi all by using cat /etc/passwd I've got these output. ajh1ect:x:839:501:Anthony:/home/ajh1ect:/bin/bash mjb1ect:x:840:501:Michael:/home/mjb1ect:/bin/bash mv3ect:x:841:501:Marian:/home/mv3ect:/bin/bash now I want to see just the user ID and group ID. so what is the code will be with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

weird behavior of grep -P

I met a problem in using grep -P. There is a text file, temp.txt, whose content is: dddd abc I ran the command: grep -P "\s*abc" temp.txt The result I expected is: abc But, the actual result is: dddd abc Could anyone tell me what is wrong? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankai
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed | Awk | Grep

Can someone help me in understanding when to use SED, AWK and GREP (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kn.naresh
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Sed or Awk?

I have two .txt files one called good.txt and the other one is called bad.txt. Both contain email addresses in the following format: john@john.com bob@bob.com sarah@sarah.com Basically, I want to scrub good.txt against bad.txt and save the resulting output in scrubbed.txt meaning that if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: holyearth
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How could i get this by sed or grep or awk ????

------------------------------------------------------------------ Ex of Warning messgae,(Many similar lines occure for Both Test and Test1) -WARNING:Below Field not implemented in file File name: /home/test/ new/file1, msg buffer is: :Test:000948 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prsam
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep or awk or sed not sure which to use here

Hi All, I have a huge file, I need to two things from this file. I need to know the IP address or the hostname and second thing is the date&time. The file looks like this and I need to get my data from this... Trying... Connected to 204.109.172.117. Escape character is '^]'. Fri... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help using sed/awk/grep

thanks for your reply. but i'm not quite sure what your code is doing. i may be using it wrong but i'm not getting what i'm supposed to get. could you please elaborate? thanks again, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kratos.
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep/awk/sed?

Thread1 { x = 2 y = 10485 } Thread2 { x = 16 y = 1048 } Thread3 { x = 1 y = 1049 } Thread4 { x = 4 y = 1047 z = 500 } Suppose the above is a piece of code. I need to automate and verify that the value of x under Thread1's 2. There are several... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foxtron
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing c comments to c++ style with sed

Hi everyone, I've got a problem with converting C comments ( /* */ ) into C++ style ( // ) in some source file with sed. So far I've dealt with comments on one line, but I don't know how to convert when it is over multiple lines ... So I already have something like this: comments.sed ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kolage
8 Replies
Apache2(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      Apache2(3pm)

NAME
APR::Request::Apache2 - wrapper for a mod_apreq2 handle. SYNOPSIS
use APR::Request::Apache2; my $req = APR::Request::Apache2->handle($r); DESCRIPTION
The APR::Request::Apache2 module provides a constructor for interfacing with the mod_apreq2 Apache module. This manpage documents version 2.13 of the APR::Request::Apache2 package. METHODS
APR::Request::Apache2 - derived from "APR::Request". handle APR::Request::Apache2->handle($r) Creates an APR::Request::Apache2 object. The argument $r is an Apache2::RequestRec object (from mod_perl2). SEE ALSO
APR::Request, Apache2::RequestRec. COPYRIGHT
Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-28 Apache2(3pm)