Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: break out of 'if'
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting break out of 'if' Post 302196920 by finalight on Monday 19th of May 2008 10:36:05 PM
Old 05-19-2008
break out of 'if'

is it possible? because i still need to keep on reading even though i don't want to read that particular line

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TO break a line

hi All, Have a doubt in ksh..Am not familiar with arrays but i have tried out a script.. plzzzzz correct me with the script My i/p File is: (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP) (Host = 192.168.2.2) (Port = 1525) ) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = TESTDB1) ) ) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
7 Replies

2. Solaris

send break

Does anyone know how to send break on a Blade 100? I'm using a serial cable on my laptop and I can see the system boot up just fine, but I want to send break so i can have it boot from cdrom instead of disk. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: em23
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break command

have a query on this break. I am using a program where I am using a while loop to execute it. It will get into a file take the first file and then ping it and if the ip is reachable then it will mail. Now what happens is that when i ping the ip it does nopt come out of the loop and it says "reply... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to break record

I have this script lines #!/usr/bin/bash my_path=`dirname $0` I_table=$1 echo $I_table in I_table entry going is ccc_con,cc_gui I want to break content of I_table in S_Table and T_table on basis of comma as separtor (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorp_rahul23
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on page break

Hi, i have a file say samp.s which has 123 a b c d 123 e f g h 123 i j k l 123 m n o p 234 a b c d 234 e f g h 234 i j k l the first 3 characters in each line are considered the key values i have one more file temp.txt which has 123 234 i want to have a page break in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheema
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break down a string

I am wondering how can I take a variable that may have multiple items of data and to use each one indenpendently. For example lets say that.... data=/lcl/apps/trm, /lcl/apps/wwe, /prd/sse/qwe, /lcl/ppe/eer Now I would like to be able to process each item found within the data string. As... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to break cat

Greetings. cat $name$telephonenumber >> telephonebook.txtI would like to break cat with the command 'break'. Pretty hard to understand huh? So to clarify it: echo "If you want to stop adding datas to your telephonebook please type 'break' if #this part is probably not good then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddhist
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

break: cannot break

hi guys I am working on a menu for linux... some basic stuff. but I have an issue. I got 1 server where something is working and the same thing does not work in the same way in another linux box Basically I am simulating a command line where user insert some commands and to end and go back... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: Break line, read, break again, read again...

...when the lines use both a colon and commas to separate the parts you want read as information. The first version of this script used cut and other non-Bash-builtins, frequently, which made it nice and zippy with little more than average processor load in GNOME Terminal but, predictably, slow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break vs Continue

Okay so I am having trouble understand what the computer will do with a code like this if ; then echo echo "Found the file" blah blah blah for i in `blah blah blah` ; do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shade917
2 Replies
CAT(1)							      General Commands Manual							    CAT(1)

NAME
cat, read, nobs - catenate files SYNOPSIS
cat [ file ... ] read [ -m ] [ -n nline ] [ file ... ] nobs [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
Cat reads each file in sequence and writes it on the standard output. Thus cat file prints a file and cat file1 file2 >file3 concatenates the first two files and places the result on the third. If no file is given, cat reads from the standard input. Output is buffered in blocks matching the input. Read copies to standard output exactly one line from the named file, default standard input. It is useful in interactive rc(1) scripts. The -m flag causes it to continue reading and writing multiple lines until end of file; -n causes it to read no more than nline lines. Read always executes a single write for each line of input, which can be helpful when preparing input to programs that expect line-at-a- time data. It never reads any more data from the input than it prints to the output. Nobs copies the named files to standard output except that it removes all backspace characters and the characters that precede them. It is useful to use as $PAGER with the Unix version of man(1) when run inside a win (see acme(1)) window. SOURCE
/src/cmd/cat.c /src/cmd/read.c /bin/nobs SEE ALSO
cp(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Read exits with status eof on end of file or, in the -n case, if it doesn't read nlines lines. BUGS
Beware of and which destroy input files before reading them. CAT(1)