Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sort by date and concatenate first three Post 302196797 by jim mcnamara on Monday 19th of May 2008 01:56:05 PM
Old 05-19-2008
one way
Code:
cat $(find . -name 'file*'  -mtime -2) > /path/to/newfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate date to file name

Hi, I have written a script to rename a file, but I can not add the current date (in YYYYMMDD-HHMM format) can you please look at this cript, and help? thanks, #!/usr/local/bin/tcsh -f set server = "$1" set user = "$2" if (-f $server) then \mv $server $server.Saar. endif (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sierra_aar
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort by Date

I'm looking to edit a file which contains various data including date.(ddmmyyyy) I want to sort by date and then count the number of different dates found Any ideas how to acheive this Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
2 Replies

3. Solaris

concatenate/sort/cut

I have the following requirement. 1. I have to concatenate the 10 fixed width files. 2. sort based on first 10 characters 3. after that i have remove first 10 chacters from the file. can you please tell me how to do it. Thanks in Advance Samba (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samba
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate files sorted by date

I am a beginner in script writing, i tried to do the following I have a set of files sorted by date in the format YYMMDD.s and .x and .r I need to concatenate a header file to these sets of files so I used the following code echo "enter Swath number" read s echo "please enter first date and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: docaia
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to sort by the date

Hello World~ Please Help Me(BASH) input: dde,2007.8.25,891 dde,2007.8.23,356 dfe,2007.10.12,341 cba,2005.12.5,342 I wanna know how to sort by the date(2005.12.5) output: cba,2005.12.5,342 dde,2007.8.23,356 dde,2007.8.25,891 dfe,2007.10.12,341 Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort the date

Hi All, Please help me to sort the date field which is in the format 2012-02-03 16:09:37.388... Platform: Red Hat linux Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate many files which contents the same date as part of name file

Gents, I have lot of files in a folder where each file name includes the date of generation, then I would like to merge all the files for each date in a complete file. list of files in forder. dsd01_121104.txt dsd01_121105.txt dsd01_121106.txt dsd03_121104.txt dsd03_121105.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort help: How to sort collected 'file list' by date stamp :

Hi Experts, I have a filelist collected from another server , now want to sort the output using date/time stamp filed. - Filed 6, 7,8 are showing the date/time/stamp. Here is the input: #---------------------------------------------------------------------- -rw------- 1 root ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort by name and date

nawk '$1=="Date" {d=$(NF-2);next} $1=="Queue" {q=$NF;next} $1=="Forms"{print q, $NF, d}' OFS='|' printfile.log I have this script working. Please let me know how to sort by Queue and then Date. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate and sort to remove duplicates

Following is the input. 1st and 3rd block are same(block starts here with '*' and ends before blank line) , 2nd and 4th blocks are also the same: cat <file> * Wed Feb 24 2016 Tariq Saeed <tariq.x.saeed@mail.com> 2.0.7-1.0.7 - add vmcore dump support for ocfs2 * Mon Jun 8 2015 Brian Maly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
4 Replies
CLIT(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   CLIT(1)

NAME
clit - program to manipulate Microsoft Reader .LIT files SYNOPSIS
1. clit [options] litfile.lit subdir/ 2. clit [options] oldfile.lit newfile.lit 3. clit [options] oldfile.lit newfile.lit inscription DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the clit command. ConvLIT is a program to convert Microsoft Reader format eBooks [LIT] into an open format. clit supports three modes of operation: 1. Explosion: expanding a LIT file into an OEBPS compliant package, that is the original XML / HTML source. 2. Downconverting: converts to DRM1 format, also known as sealing the LIT file. 3. Inscribing: similar to #2, this adds a label, or inscription, to the ebook to mark that it belongs to you. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, run the program without any arguments. -d Disable creating multiple subdirectories. -h Show summary of options. -k /path/to/keys.txt The DRM5 key file is assumed to be called keys.txt and located in the current directory. If not, use this option to instruct Con- vLIT where to find the key file. AUTHOR
ConvLIT was written by Dan A. Jackson <drs@convertlit.com>. This manual page was written by Joe Nahmias <jello@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). March 23, 2008 CLIT(1)