Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Export a file system with write permissions Post 302196736 by jredx on Monday 19th of May 2008 09:49:53 AM
Old 05-19-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysgate
On AIX and *BSD is possible, let's say :

These are just examples I have found in the net.

I'm getting invalid options error.
Please point me to the source, so that I can read and continue.

thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write system variables into file

Hi everyone, I was told, i my job, to do a script that creates the backup of all the files that are important to us. So i created the script, put it in the crontab and it works great. Now what i want is to write to a file what directories have being copied with date and time. How can i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

nfs export permissions

Hello, If I have an export like: /usr/temp -rw=ram:alligator means that /usr/temp has "rw" permissions to ram and alligator machines and has "ro" to everyone else? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psimoes79
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Is it possible to re-export a exported NFS file system?

Hi... Is it possible to re-export a exported NFS file system? If no, Why? Let me know, if any further details are required about the question. Thanks in advance Adams:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adams Nave
5 Replies

4. AIX

How to export AIX File system NFS to Windows ?

Hello, Can someone please point to an easy document or steps how to export AIX file system /whatever to Windows O/S Basically Windows should see this filesystem / directory and should be able to write in this filesystem / directory Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

5. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a File system with required permissions for all DIR's created in

Hello All, I am application admin. I need to clear all the temporary files cleared by the applications. I need help/suggestion that is there any way to create a file system such that every Dir created in by any user will have 775 permissions. So, that i can simply clear the temporary file which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
6 Replies

7. SCO

Read and write into file system from SCO

hi Knows someone what kind of file system uses SCO Unix 5.0.6? Which linux or unix LIVE CD can read and write into file system from SCO Unix? I've tried to boot SCO using Knoppix 6.2.1 LIVE CD, but cannot mount. # mount -t sysv /dev/sda1 /mnt mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
2 Replies

8. AIX

Write once on NFS file system

Hello Guru's We are trying to save some data for 10 -15 yrs. so we created a NFS share file system and mounted on AIX 5.3 servers, keeping in mind that we might need to replace the expired disk/bad disk every 2 yrs or 4 yrs. Now we are trying to solve. How to protect it from getting deleted... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginner123
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

List full File system permissions

I am attempting to get a baseline of deployed RHEL 6.5 servers and need to produce a full filesystem permission settings list.....but I forgot the bloody command and am racking my brain and now have a migraine. I just need a simple list starting at "/" right down the tree, listing the folder,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: strykergli250hp
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to give permissions to read write but not delete the file?

i want to give users the ability to create write and read files in other user directory , but not to have option to delete the file after created ( sticky bit not going to work here ... ) for example : i have user : manager with directory repository i have user : worker1 that need to write... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
4 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)