Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Export a file system with write permissions Post 302196736 by jredx on Monday 19th of May 2008 09:49:53 AM
Old 05-19-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysgate
On AIX and *BSD is possible, let's say :

These are just examples I have found in the net.

I'm getting invalid options error.
Please point me to the source, so that I can read and continue.

thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write system variables into file

Hi everyone, I was told, i my job, to do a script that creates the backup of all the files that are important to us. So i created the script, put it in the crontab and it works great. Now what i want is to write to a file what directories have being copied with date and time. How can i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

nfs export permissions

Hello, If I have an export like: /usr/temp -rw=ram:alligator means that /usr/temp has "rw" permissions to ram and alligator machines and has "ro" to everyone else? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psimoes79
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Is it possible to re-export a exported NFS file system?

Hi... Is it possible to re-export a exported NFS file system? If no, Why? Let me know, if any further details are required about the question. Thanks in advance Adams:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adams Nave
5 Replies

4. AIX

How to export AIX File system NFS to Windows ?

Hello, Can someone please point to an easy document or steps how to export AIX file system /whatever to Windows O/S Basically Windows should see this filesystem / directory and should be able to write in this filesystem / directory Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

5. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a File system with required permissions for all DIR's created in

Hello All, I am application admin. I need to clear all the temporary files cleared by the applications. I need help/suggestion that is there any way to create a file system such that every Dir created in by any user will have 775 permissions. So, that i can simply clear the temporary file which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
6 Replies

7. SCO

Read and write into file system from SCO

hi Knows someone what kind of file system uses SCO Unix 5.0.6? Which linux or unix LIVE CD can read and write into file system from SCO Unix? I've tried to boot SCO using Knoppix 6.2.1 LIVE CD, but cannot mount. # mount -t sysv /dev/sda1 /mnt mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
2 Replies

8. AIX

Write once on NFS file system

Hello Guru's We are trying to save some data for 10 -15 yrs. so we created a NFS share file system and mounted on AIX 5.3 servers, keeping in mind that we might need to replace the expired disk/bad disk every 2 yrs or 4 yrs. Now we are trying to solve. How to protect it from getting deleted... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginner123
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

List full File system permissions

I am attempting to get a baseline of deployed RHEL 6.5 servers and need to produce a full filesystem permission settings list.....but I forgot the bloody command and am racking my brain and now have a migraine. I just need a simple list starting at "/" right down the tree, listing the folder,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: strykergli250hp
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to give permissions to read write but not delete the file?

i want to give users the ability to create write and read files in other user directory , but not to have option to delete the file after created ( sticky bit not going to work here ... ) for example : i have user : manager with directory repository i have user : worker1 that need to write... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
4 Replies
math::fuzzy(n)							 Tcl Math Library						    math::fuzzy(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
math::fuzzy - Fuzzy comparison of floating-point numbers SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl ?8.3? package require math::fuzzy ?0.2? ::math::fuzzy::teq value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tne value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tge value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tle value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tlt value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tgt value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tfloor value ::math::fuzzy::tceil value ::math::fuzzy::tround value ::math::fuzzy::troundn value ndigits _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package Fuzzy is meant to solve common problems with floating-point numbers in a systematic way: o Comparing two numbers that are "supposed" to be identical, like 1.0 and 2.1/(1.2+0.9) is not guaranteed to give the intuitive result. o Rounding a number that is halfway two integer numbers can cause strange errors, like int(100.0*2.8) != 28 but 27 The Fuzzy package is meant to help sorting out this type of problems by defining "fuzzy" comparison procedures for floating-point numbers. It does so by allowing for a small margin that is determined automatically - the margin is three times the "epsilon" value, that is three times the smallest number eps such that 1.0 and 1.0+$eps canbe distinguished. In Tcl, which uses double precision floating-point numbers, this is typically 1.1e-16. PROCEDURES
Effectively the package provides the following procedures: ::math::fuzzy::teq value1 value2 Compares two floating-point numbers and returns 1 if their values fall within a small range. Otherwise it returns 0. ::math::fuzzy::tne value1 value2 Returns the negation, that is, if the difference is larger than the margin, it returns 1. ::math::fuzzy::tge value1 value2 Compares two floating-point numbers and returns 1 if their values either fall within a small range or if the first number is larger than the second. Otherwise it returns 0. ::math::fuzzy::tle value1 value2 Returns 1 if the two numbers are equal according to [teq] or if the first is smaller than the second. ::math::fuzzy::tlt value1 value2 Returns the opposite of [tge]. ::math::fuzzy::tgt value1 value2 Returns the opposite of [tle]. ::math::fuzzy::tfloor value Returns the integer number that is lower or equal to the given floating-point number, within a well-defined tolerance. ::math::fuzzy::tceil value Returns the integer number that is greater or equal to the given floating-point number, within a well-defined tolerance. ::math::fuzzy::tround value Rounds the floating-point number off. ::math::fuzzy::troundn value ndigits Rounds the floating-point number off to the specified number of decimals (Pro memorie). Usage: if { [teq $x $y] } { puts "x == y" } if { [tne $x $y] } { puts "x != y" } if { [tge $x $y] } { puts "x >= y" } if { [tgt $x $y] } { puts "x > y" } if { [tlt $x $y] } { puts "x < y" } if { [tle $x $y] } { puts "x <= y" } set fx [tfloor $x] set fc [tceil $x] set rounded [tround $x] set roundn [troundn $x $nodigits] TEST CASES
The problems that can occur with floating-point numbers are illustrated by the test cases in the file "fuzzy.test": o Several test case use the ordinary comparisons, and they fail invariably to produce understandable results o One test case uses [expr] without braces ({ and }). It too fails. The conclusion from this is that any expression should be surrounded by braces, because otherwise very awkward things can happen if you need accuracy. Furthermore, accuracy and understandable results are enhanced by using these "tolerant" or fuzzy comparisons. Note that besides the Tcl-only package, there is also a C-based version. REFERENCES
Original implementation in Fortran by dr. H.D. Knoble (Penn State University). P. E. Hagerty, "More on Fuzzy Floor and Ceiling," APL QUOTE QUAD 8(4):20-24, June 1978. Note that TFLOOR=FL5 took five years of refereed evolution (publication). L. M. Breed, "Definitions for Fuzzy Floor and Ceiling", APL QUOTE QUAD 8(3):16-23, March 1978. D. Knuth, Art of Computer Programming, Vol. 1, Problem 1.2.4-5. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category math :: fuzzy of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
floating-point, math, rounding CATEGORY
Mathematics math 0.2 math::fuzzy(n)