Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pthread_create issue
Top Forums Programming Pthread_create issue Post 302196668 by Franklin52 on Monday 19th of May 2008 06:58:28 AM
Old 05-19-2008
- First, enable the warning to see if you get some usefull messages.
- Declare enough elements for arr[] as used for the functions manufacturers and consumer.
- The 3th parameter should be an address of the thread function:

Code:
status = pthread_create(&manufacturer_thread, NULL, &manufacturer, NULL);
status = pthread_create(&consumer_thread, NULL, &consumer, NULL);

instead of:

Code:
status = pthread_create(&manufacturer_thread, NULL, manufacturer, NULL);
status = pthread_create(&consumer_thread, NULL, consumer, NULL);

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

pthread_create problem

Here is simple code for multithreading in POSIX: void* simplethread(void* arg) { printf("Hello World\n"); } int main(void) { pthread_t id; pthread_create(&id, NULL, simplethread, NULL); return 0; } Whether the new thread will run or not depends on the OS. Tricky ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: _rocky
5 Replies

2. Programming

unresolve pthread_create etc

how to do with that? after cc -o xxxx xxxx.c ld: Unresolved: _pthread_create _pthread_deteach _pthread_exit Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
3 Replies

3. Programming

pthread_create and scope usage

I have a problem with a C multi-threaded program I am writing. I cannot figure out how to keep the unique key value at the thread level. I wrote a program in C that forked a bunch of processes and then decided to convert it to threads and I can't keep the key unique to each thread. In a nutshell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jenmead
3 Replies

4. Programming

How Can I use pthread_create ?

Hi. I use C++ and I wishes to create a thread with the pthread_create function, my question is, how can I do this if I wish that the function will be a member of the class ?? I know from windows programming that I can declare a static function like this static unsigned int __stdcall... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shvalb
7 Replies

5. Solaris

pthread_create failed upon execution

Im trying to run an application i compiled (iperf) and i get an error telling me that it cant create the pthread. when i ran the ./configuration one of the things it checked was for pthreads which came back ok. Im not really sure where to even start to resolve this. i have been unable to find... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrich523
5 Replies

6. Programming

undefined reference to `pthread_create'

Hi guys. H was learning posix threads in C with anjuta IDE. it gives me undefined reference to `pthread_create' I know i should compile it like: gcc -lpthread main.c how should i import this configuration in anjuta so i can compile inside it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

7. Programming

pthread_create

The prototype for pthread_create function is like this:- int pthread_create(pthread_t *thread,pthread_attr_t *attr,void *(*start routine),void *arg); Q.1 .Why the return type of the start_routine must be void*?? Q.2. Why should we pass arg by converting into void * only ?? Thank You (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil_abhay
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pthread_create problem

Hi, I'm trying to do my homework assignment but I am having trouble using the pthread_create fucntion. Here is my code________________ //Alicia Johnson //sum_pid program //creates n number of threads. These threads create a random number //then adds the number to a global array. Then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajohns38
1 Replies

9. Programming

fork vs pthread_create

Suppose I have a simple program main() with a global varibale int x=0. int x = 0; main() { print("%d\n",x); } I want to create two threads/process which must access this variable x in sync. Which one will be better threads( pthread_create ) or process( fork )? If I go with fork() then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies
G_DATA(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						 G_DATA(9)

NAME
g_read_data, g_write_data -- read/write data from/to GEOM consumer SYNOPSIS
#include <geom/geom.h> void * g_read_data(struct g_consumer *cp, off_t offset, off_t length, int *error); int g_write_data(struct g_consumer *cp, off_t offset, void *ptr, off_t length); DESCRIPTION
The g_read_data() function reads length bytes of data from the provider attached to consumer cp, starting at offset offset. The buffer returned from g_read_data() is allocated with g_malloc(), so it should be freed by the caller with g_free() after use. If the operation fails, an error value will be stored in the error argument if it is not NULL. The g_write_data() function writes length bytes of data from the buffer pointed to by ptr to the provider attached to consumer cp, starting at offset offset. RESTRICTIONS
/CONDITIONS The length argument should be a multiple of the provider's sectorsize and less than or equal to DFLTPHYS (DFLTPHYS is defined in <sys/param.h>). The topology lock must not be held. RETURN VALUES
The g_read_data() function returns a pointer to a data buffer or NULL if an error occurred. In that case an error value is stored in the error argument unless it is NULL. The g_write_data() function returns 0 if successful; otherwise an error code is returned. ERRORS
Possible errors: [EIO] An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the consumer. SEE ALSO
geom(4), DECLARE_GEOM_CLASS(9), g_access(9), g_attach(9), g_bio(9), g_consumer(9), g_event(9), g_geom(9), g_provider(9), g_provider_by_name(9), g_wither_geom(9) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
January 16, 2004 BSD