Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cygwin bash startup command weirdness (part 1) Post 302196603 by swapsawe on Monday 19th of May 2008 03:25:58 AM
Old 05-19-2008
Ensure Path Settings

Ensure that you have set your PATH variable(in MyComputer) to point to %CYGWIN_HOME%/bin

When you are planning to run the shell script, ensure, you have sh.exe present in your %CYGWIN_HOME%/bin. you can get this file from http://russell.vcharite.univ-mrs.fr/...ts4-cygwin.zip

HTH,

SwapSawe

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use cygwin to run bash script

Hi, all, I try to run a quite simple bash script mytest.sh in cygwin, it's content is: #!/bin/bash echo "It is my first bash shell" there are three lines in the script. The second line is blank line. When I run it use command: bash c:/mytest.sh, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jenny.palmy
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip via bash startup script problems

i have two lines in my rc.local file that are wget -O/<path>/<file>.zip url://domain.com unzip -o /<path>/<file>.zip the wget works fine, but the unzip won't work. when i copy/pase the unzip line to the prompt it works fine. i thought that maybe the unzip was running before the wget... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: easysnowboards
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin bash script and read command

Hello everyone, I am struggling a bit with a batch script that I need to run in cygwin. I work in winXP and I had to write some awk scripts to do some file manipulation, and now I would like to automate the process by just running a batch file so that my colleagues can use it easily. Now, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teroc
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash command in makefile (cygwin)

Hello, In my make file (make 3.81), I use a combination of shell commands to automatically create the name of my build directory. OS := $(shell uname -s) ARCH := $(shell uname -m) KERN := $(shell uname -r | cut -d. -f 1,2) BDIR := $(OS)_$(KERN).$(ARCH)When I boot into different OSs, I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect time command output to file (cygwin bash)

I have set up a bash script to run a long list of things that I need to time. I would like to redirect the output of time to a file. I have set it up like, echo "Runtimes for servlet 4, 100K structures" > test_times.txt echo "" >> test_times.txt echo "runs where N=10" >> test_times.txt echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with simple startup bash script in CentOS

Hi guys, I am very new to linux, so please bear with me. https://www.unix.com/./images/smilies/smile.png I need a simple script (bash / .sh) to start 2 programs at server startup. Both programs should run in a detached screen of their own. So basically: 1) start a detached screen with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lastcrafters
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with bash scripting in cygwin

Hi, I am trying to write a bash script, to open firefox and then open a local webpage in a tab. This is a shell of what I have #! /bin/sh alias firefox='/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/Mozilla\ Firefox/firefox.exe' $URL='/cygdrive/d/Playback.html' firefox & sleep 1 for i in 1 2 3 4 5 #6 7 8 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to downgrade cygwin to a part. version?

I'd like to compile gxemul under cygwin, Here a nice guy who ported the source code, but the prerequisites are needing the exact versions of the libraries https://github.com/fd00/yacp/tree/master/gxemul If I download the setup.exe from canonical cygwin web site, it automatically installs me the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash on CygWin

I am using CygWin to run a bash file but I am getting weird results. #!/bin/bash mkdir CLEANDATA mv *FASTA CLEANDATA cd CLEANDATA ls echo "COMPLETE" And this is what I get $ ./Pipe.txt ./Pipe.txt: line 5: $'ls\r': command not found COMPLETE Moreover, the new folder is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xterra
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script (tar + md) on Cygwin

Hi everybody, First, I'm sorry for my bad english! I have the following situation: I have a Windows 2012 R2 with Cygwin installed. The Windows Server is used as a backup Server with Dell AppAssure installed. At the moment, AppAssure saves Backup Targets to a repository on his D. The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fibra3000
9 Replies
SVNPATH(1)                                                                                                                              SVNPATH(1)

NAME
svnpath - output svn url with support for tags and branches SYNOPSIS
svnpath svnpath tags svnpath branches svnpath trunk DESCRIPTION
svnpath is intended to be run in a Subversion working copy. In its simplest usage, svnpath with no parameters outputs the svn url for the repository associated with the working copy. If a parameter is given, svnpath attempts to instead output the url that would be used for the tags, branches, or trunk. This will only work if it's run in the top-level directory that is subject to tagging or branching. For example, if you want to tag what's checked into Subversion as version 1.0, you could use a command like this: svn cp $(svnpath) $(svnpath tags)/1.0 That's much easier than using svn info to look up the repository url and manually modifying it to derive the url to use for the tag, and typing in something like this: svn cp svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/trunk svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/tags/1.0 svnpath uses a simple heuristic to convert between the trunk, tags, and branches paths. It replaces the first occurrence of trunk, tags, or branches with the name of what you're looking for. This will work ok for most typical Subversion repository layouts. If you have an atypical layout and it does not work, you can add a ~/.svnpath file. This file is perl code, which can modify the path in $url. For example, the author uses this file: #!/usr/bin/perl # svnpath personal override file # For d-i I sometimes work from a full d-i tree branch. Remove that from # the path to get regular tags or branches directories. $url=~s!d-i/(rc|beta)[0-9]+/!!; $url=~s!d-i/sarge/!!; 1 LICENSE
GPL version 2 or later AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 SVNPATH(1)