Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to access a variable value Post 302196594 by satish@123 on Monday 19th of May 2008 03:11:09 AM
Old 05-19-2008
Java how to access a variable value

hi
i have a function
abc()
{
a=1
b=2
c=3
}
Now i want to assign these values to the variables out side the function
k=a
l=b
m=c

please help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell variable access

Hi I want to do the following: 1. Create a number of Gloabla varibale "ROUTE_IP_xx" based on a counter. As xx sould be from 1-10. ie ROUTE_IP_1 ROUTE_IP_2 . . ROUTE_IP_10 2. I want to initalize all of these variable to 0.0.0.0 ie ROUTE_IP_1='0.0.0.0' 3. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabina
2 Replies

3. Programming

access variable through program stack

I am working on garbage collector in C? How should :confused: I find the part of heap where the variable are stored. It there any compiler (GCC) support for this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit gangarade
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to access a variable not local to a while loop

I have a while loop like this cat ${filename} | while read fileline do ... done I need to access a variable value $newfile inside this while loop How will i do that?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to access variable outside loop

I am unable to access the value set inside the loop from outside loop . Thought of taking this to forum , I had seen other replies also , where a pipe takes the execution to another shell and mentioned thats the reason we do not get the variable outside loop . But I am getting an issue and I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Armaan_S
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not access variable outside loop when a reading a file

I am writing a shell script using the korn shell. It seems that I am only able to use local variables within a while loop that is reading a file. (I can't access a variable outside a previously used while loop.) It's been a while since I wrote shell scripts. Here is a sample cat file.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricardo.ludwig
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to access variable from one file to another in shell script?

Hi, I had written shell script to access config file as input parameter. Contents of ConfFile.cfg are USER=ora PASSWORD=ora Shell script is DBConnect.ksh #!/bin/sh usage="`basename $0` <configuration_file_name>" DB_Connect() { sqlplus -s ora/ora << EOF CREATE TABLE TBL1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

export and access env variable in two scripts

Hi, I have two scripts say one.sh and two.sh. I want one.sh to continuously export a variable in loop. and when two.sh starts then it should read the last value exported from one.sh. file: one.sh #! bin/sh for i in `seq 1 1 4000000`; do export VAR=$(($i**$i)) ; done file two.sh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhushan123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

(solved) Shell scripting to access SQLPLUS using variable

I have shell script which will try to login to SQL Plus and retrieve some data, based on the outcome i will proceed further Below is the content of the file pebblz02% cat test1.ksh #! /bin/ksh dummyvar=`sqlplus -S csm_admin/csm_admin@SIDNAME <<EOF echo hi; exit; EOF` Error message on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access another variable config variable

Hi all, Please help me on my problem. I want to take a value of variable which the variable is in other file. variable.sh wesly=1 wina=2 wekin=3 variabletaker.sh source variable.sh echo $wesly when i run the variabletaker.sh the error result is like here error (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weslyarfan
3 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux