Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: My menu function
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting My menu function Post 302196331 by amatuer_lee_3 on Saturday 17th of May 2008 09:40:13 PM
Old 05-17-2008
********************************************* Thread Closed ******************************************************

Last edited by amatuer_lee_3; 05-17-2008 at 11:14 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Menu function stuck in a loop?

I having problem when I call this cleanupmenu function within a script. It continuously loops and goes to selection * That wasn't a valid selection. I have to kill it everytime to stop it. What am I doing wrong. I use this function menu in several other scripts and I don't have this problem at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

My menu function [new code -revised]

Below is my menu options code. It allows user to pick one of two option. I can get the first option to work, because if it is selected it just "breaks" and carries on with the script. What i want to know is if a user selects option two how do i get that option to ignore all the other script and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatuer_lee_3
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu in Menu script issue

Problem: I am trying to create a menu in a menu script and I am running into an issue with the calculator portion of the script. I am first presented with the ==Options Menu== which all 5 options working correctly. Now comes the fun part. I select option 1 which takes me to my ==Calculator... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iDdraig
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH- perform a function if user selects option from menu

Hi, I have a script that copies a file from one directory to another and compiles it. What I have now is a menu that calls functions and each function compiles the file. I want to have a function that compiles the file at the end of the script if the user selects options 1-3 in the menu, but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitlib
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu with sub-menu options

Hi! I have created on script which is working fine with menu options and with a sub-menu. I want to enhance it by using sub-options under menu options. Like. option 1) will give the list only. option 1.1) should give the option to user to choose one file, whose content user wanna see. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in create menu with 3 sub menu using the case command

hi all i am a newbie to this is there any examples on creating a main menu with 3 sub menu main menu -> option a , b and c a menu -> option 1 ,2 and 3 b menu -> option 1 ,2 c menu -> option 1 ,2 i am getting headache as my code kept getting unexpected EOF ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercm
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special case to skip function in bash menu

In the bash menu below if the variant that is inputted is in the format NM_004004.3:c.274G>T the below works perfectly. My question is if the variant inputted isNM_004004.3:-c.274G>T or NM_004004.3:+c.274G>T then the code as is will throw an error due to a biological issue. Is it possible to to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute function as soon as input is provided in menu drive shell script

Hi All, I have a menu driven scripts. As you know while running the script we have to input the option such as 1,2, and 3 to execute function accordingly. but after selecting the input we have to press Enter. My requirement is to execute function as soon as we press the option. Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Gnome 3.28.3 menu item dissapears under the system menu

I installed CentOS 8 with Gnome 3.28.2 and I noticed that the "switch user" menu item disappeared from under the system menu of Gnome classic (Both X11 & Wayland). I checked google and this problem seems to have a history going back several releases of Gnome. Unfortunately, I never found a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bodisha
1 Replies
Thread::Serialize(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Thread::Serialize(3pm)

NAME
Thread::Serialize - serialize data-structures between threads SYNOPSIS
use Thread::Serialize; # export freeze() and thaw() use Thread::Serialize (); # must call fully qualified subs my $frozen = freeze( any data structure ); any data structure = thaw( $frozen ); VERSION
This documentation describes version 1.00. DESCRIPTION
*** A note of CAUTION *** This module only functions if threading has been enabled when building Perl, or if the "forks" module has been installed on an unthreaded Perl. ************************* The Thread::Serialize module is a library for centralizing the routines used to serialize data-structures between threads. Because of this central location, other modules such as Thread::Conveyor, Thread::Pool or Thread::Tie can benefit from the same optimilizations that may take place here in the future. SUBROUTINES
There are only two subroutines. freeze my $frozen = freeze( $scalar ); my $frozen = freeze( @array ); The "freeze" subroutine takes all the parameters passed to it, freezes them and returns a frozen representation of what was given. The parameters can be scalar values or references to arrays or hashes. Use the thaw subroutine to obtain the original data-structure back. thaw my $scalar = thaw( $frozen ); my @array = thaw( $frozen ); The "thaw" subroutine returns the data-structure that was frozen with a call to freeze. If called in a scalar context, only the first element of the data-structure that was passed, will be returned. Otherwise the entire data-structure will be returned. It is up to the developer to make sure that single argument calls to freeze are always matched by scalar context calls to thaw. REQUIRED MODULES
Storable (any) Test::More (0.88) INSTALLATION
This distribution contains two versions of the code: one maintenance version for versions of perl < 5.014 (known as 'maint'), and the version currently in development (known as 'blead'). The standard build for your perl version is: perl Makefile.PL make make test make install This will try to test and install the "blead" version of the code. If the Perl version does not support the "blead" version, then the running of the Makefile.PL will *fail*. In such a case, one can force the installing of the "maint" version of the code by doing: perl Makefile.PL maint Alternately, if you want automatic selection behavior, you can set the AUTO_SELECT_MAINT_OR_BLEAD environment variable to a true value. On Unix-like systems like so: AUTO_SELECT_MAINT_OR_BLEAD=1 perl Makefile.PL If your perl does not support the "blead" version of the code, then it will automatically install the "maint" version of the code. OPTIMIZATIONS
To reduce memory and CPU usage, this module uses load. This causes subroutines only to be compiled in a thread when they are actually needed at the expense of more CPU when they need to be compiled. Simple benchmarks however revealed that the overhead of the compiling single routines is not much more (and sometimes a lot less) than the overhead of cloning a Perl interpreter with a lot of subroutines pre- loaded. To reduce the number of modules and subroutines loaded, an external Perl interpreter is started to determine the Storable signature at compile time. In some situations this may cause a problem: please set the $Thread::Serialize::no_external_perl variable to a true value at compile time before loading Thread::Serialize if this causes a problem. BEGIN { $Thread::Serialize::no_external_perl= 1 } use Thread::Serialize; KNOWN ISSUES
Embedded Perls Philip Monsen reported that in the case of an embedded Perl interpreter (e.g. in a C program), the use of an external executor to determine the Storable signature, causes problems. This has been fixed by introducing the global variable $Thread::Serialize::no_external_perl (see OPTIMIZATIONS). AUTHOR
Elizabeth Mattijsen, <liz@dijkmat.nl>. Please report bugs to <perlbugs@dijkmat.nl>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2012 Elizabeth Mattijsen <liz@dijkmat.nl>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
load, Thread::Conveyor, Thread::Pool, Thread::Tie. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-11 Thread::Serialize(3pm)