Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris please help me solve this issue......... Post 302196290 by Renjesh on Saturday 17th of May 2008 04:27:13 PM
Old 05-17-2008
please help me solve this issue.........

Hi,

I am having a Solaris 5.9 server in which an audit trail script is running every day.It is doing nothing but taking the backup of three files given below

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1807 May 18 01:30 login_server1_17May2008
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 May 18 01:30 msgs_server1_17May2008
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7168 May 18 01:30 history_server1_17May2008.tar

In which msgs_ file size is zero.I cleared wtmpx file and checked but it is not working .
I type dmesg also its showing an error at last line something like

May 15 14:51:19 server1 genunix: [ID 603404 kern.notice] NOTICE: core_log: cub7
5[27241] no space left on device, core truncated: /var/core/core_server1_cub75_ 207_103_1210843251_27241

What else i can do to solve this pbm??

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve this

I have to write an script for.. CUST: 123 trans: some contents CUST: 1234 trans: some contents Now wat i have to do is this: CUST:123 akash trans: some contents CUST:1234 akash1 trans: I have been able to add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashag22
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Help me to solve this issue

Hi, I want to send a .tar file from one solaris 5.9 server to another server in order to make files in sync.What method i can use? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone solve this awk issue ?

awk -F^ '{ if (($1 != "X") && ($5 != "3")) || if (($1 != "S") && ($5 != "2")) print $0}' abc> xyz The above command returns this error awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: illegal statement near line 1 I am newbie to awk, Any awk intelligence involved in correcting this issue is highly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthickrn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to checkVenn diagram issue solve by Unix programm

Hello Any Unix programm can help me to solve thsi issue: I have 2 venn digrams please checke the attached file for pictures of venn diagram for eg red is A yellow is B and green is C..Please see attached file for Venn diagrams In one ..... I have 3 data set A , B and C Venn diagram... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't solve a simple SSH/scp issue.. Please help.

Disclaimer: I tried searching but wasn't able to get to the answer so please don't flame. Scenario: I have a root script that generates a file on box1 and then needs to scp it over to box2 using user1. Both boxes are running open-ssh. root@locat-host# scp /tmp/file1 user1@box2:/tmp/file1 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: denissi
10 Replies

6. Programming

Removed /root/.cabal by mistake - how to solve this issue?

I have mistakenly removed /root/.cabal/ from my root directoty and when I tried to reinstall it I get this output: faiz:~$ sudo cabal install pandoc --reinstall Resolving dependencies... In order, the following will be installed: pandoc-1.14.0.4 (reinstall) Warning: Note that reinstalls are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve hang issue in script?

i have one function block in the beginning of my script and there are some commands inside that function which will perform some operations. And i am invoking that function from my main script by passing some values. Sometimes it is hanging in the middle for some value. For example: For 1st... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
3 Replies
bsmconv(1M)                                               System Administration Commands                                               bsmconv(1M)

NAME
bsmconv, bsmunconv - enable or disable the Basic Security Module (BSM) on Solaris SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/bsmconv [rootdir...] /etc/security/bsmunconv [rootdir...] DESCRIPTION
The bsmconv and bsmunconv scripts are used to enable or disable the BSM features on a Solaris system. The optional argument rootdir is a list of one or more root directories of diskless clients that have already been configured. See smdiskless(1M). To enable or disable BSM on a diskless client, a server, or a stand-alone system, logon as super-user to the system being converted and use the bsmconv or bsmunconv commands without any options. To enable or disable BSM on a diskless client from that client's server, logon to the server as super-user and use bsmconv, specifying the root directory of each diskless client you wish to affect. For example, the command: myhost# bsmconv /export/root/client1 /export/root/client2 enables BSM on the two machines named client1 and client2. While the command: myhost# bsmconv enables BSM only on the machine called myhost. It is no longer necessary to enable BSM on both the server and its diskless clients. After running bsmconv the system can be configured by editing the files in /etc/security. Each diskless client has its own copy of configu- ration files in its root directory. You might want to edit these files before rebooting each client. Following the completion of either script, the affected system(s) should be rebooted to allow the auditing subsystem to come up properly initialized. FILES
The following files are created by bsmconv: /etc/security/device_maps Administrative file defining the mapping of device special files to allocatable device names. /etc/security/device_allocate Administrative file defining parameters for device allocation. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
auditconfig(1M), auditd(1M), audit_startup(1M), audit.log(4), audit_control(4), attributes(5) NOTES
bsmconv and bsmunconv are not valid in a non-global zone. SunOS 5.10 26 May 2004 bsmconv(1M)