Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers chm and pdf help in terminal (rename) Post 302196283 by Texasone on Saturday 17th of May 2008 02:32:08 PM
Old 05-17-2008
ok
i used the double quotes around the original file name and then changed it with underscores. thanks for the tip.

Code:
for ex: linux books 2005.chm
$mv "linux books 2005.chm" linux_books_2005.chm

the only problems i have is that im trying to open the files up with ChmSee via terminal

Code:
chmsee linux_books_2005.chm

the problem is i get this
Code:
chmsee: error while loading shared libraries: libxul.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

should i get another viewer or is there a way to get the libxul.so file

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read *.chm file under linux?

How can I read *chm (compiled HTML) file under linux? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading *.chm files?

I have a bunch of e-books I got but i can't open them. Can I somewhat convert them into html? I don't have an X-server yet so any GUI-programs are out of the question. Are there any programs I might have? Running Debian. Regards Richard (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to rename Xterm terminal in VNC session

Hi All, We are using VNC viewer to login to remote server. Remote server is running with Red Hat linux 3.0. Our problem is, we are unable to rename xterm terminal so is there any way we can rename? Thanks a lot in advance for your valuable inputs. Regards, Bachegowda (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to view .chm format files?

how can i open the .chm format files in fedora7 and rhel3,4 files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Application to create/edit chm files

Does someone knows an application to create/edit *.chm files? Any suggestion will be much appreciated! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to open a pdf file from terminal?

how to open a .pdf file from terminal not using gpdf I work on fedora 12 and default application assigned for viewing the pdf files is document-viewer (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Rename File using Terminal

I need help finding a file through terminal and then renaming it automatically. Here is what I have so far to find the file: cd /User/Applications find . */SourceM.app/banner.png | while read line; do mv "$line" banner-.png; done I want the script to rename the file "banner.png" to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbisconti97
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split and Rename files using Terminal and bin/bash

I have a file named Me_thread_spell.txt that I want to split into smaller files. I want it to be split in each place there is a ;;;. For example, blah blah blah ;;; blah bhlah hlabl awasnceuir asenduhfoijhacseiodnbfxasd;;; oabwcuhaweoir;;; This full file would be three separate files... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mschpers
7 Replies
MIXXX(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MIXXX(1)

NAME
mixxx -- a Digital Disc Jockey Interface SYNOPSIS
mixxx DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mixxx command. mixxx is a digital DJ system, where wave, ogg and mp3 files can be mixed on a computer for use in live performances. Filters, crossfader, and speed control are provided. mixxx can sync the 2 streams automatically, using an algorithm to detect the beat. mixxx works with Jack or OSS and can be controlled through the GUI and with external controllers, including MIDI devices and joysticks. The GUI supports skins. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has docu- mentation in the pdf format; see below. OPTIONS
This program takes no command line argument. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/mixxx/Mixxx-Manual.pdf The program is fully documented in the above pdf file. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Paul Brossier (piem@altern.org) for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. MIXXX(1)