Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting check timestamp on specific files Post 302196046 by era on Friday 16th of May 2008 02:54:17 PM
Old 05-16-2008
And apart from the fact that you need to double the equals sign in the condition, does it work?
This User Gave Thanks to era For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How do i check if 2 files have same timestamp?

How can i compare the time stamps of two files to check if they are the same. Is there any option like the -nt or -ot with the if clause? I have a file and i "cp -p" the file to a different location. If a copy of the file already exists, i dont want to copy it. I am also running multiple instances... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pt14
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for specific files

Ok, i have a problem and not sure how to tackle this one as of yet. I will have this job running in the cron every 5 minutes, i need it to check a directory for 5 files. These files are put into a directory from five different servers. These 5 files will only have one part different in them,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: woosaah
5 Replies

3. AIX

Change specific (not current) date to timestamp

Hello to all. I work at AIX system without perl installed and I am restricted user, so I am limited to bash. In script that I am writing, I have to read line from file and transform date that I found inside to Unix timestamp. Line in file look something like this: Tue Mar 29 06:59:00... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hyperborejac
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a date field has date or timestamp or date&timestamp

Hi, In a field, I should receive the date with time stamp in a particular field. But sometimes the vendor sends just the date or the timestamp or correctl the date&timestamp. I have to figure out the the data is a date or time stamp or date&timestamp. If it is date then append "<space>00:00:00"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
1 Replies

5. AIX

convert a specific date to a unix timestamp

hello, i have an AIX5.3 machine and i am writing a script to display some processes. inside the script i want to get the time that the process starts and convert it to a unix timestamp. is there a command that i can use to do that? i search the web but all i found is long scripts and it does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying files with a timestamp greater than a given timestamp

I need to be able to identify files with file timestamps greater than a given timestamp. I am using the following solution, although it appears to compare files at the "seconds" granularity and I need it at the milliseconds. When I tested my solution, it missed files that had timestamps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help: Script to report timestamp of directories in a specific path from multiple Linux server

Need help Please help on how to write a script which can echo timestamp, size of subdirectories in a specific path from multiple Linux servers to a text file. I can ssh with a common user to all the servers from a build box. Basic idea what I had was: ssh <commonuser>@<each box> cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhichadaga
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/Parse log file's lines using time difference/timestamp

I was looking at this script which outputs the two lines which differs less than one sec. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; use Time::Local; use constant SEC_MILIC => 1000; my $file='infile'; ## Open for reading argument file. open my $fh, "<", $file or die "Cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cele_82
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a string is a valid timestamp in UNIX.

Hi all, I have date and time value in a string, I want to check if it is a valid date and time. Need help on this. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies
rc.config(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      rc.config(4)

NAME
rc.config, rc.config.d - files containing system configuration information SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system configuration used at startup is contained in files within the directory The file sources all of the files within and and exports their contents to the environment. /etc/rc.config The file is a script that sources all of the scripts, and also sources To read the configuration definitions, only this file need be sourced. This file is sourced by whenever it is run, such as when the command is run to transition between run states. Each file that exists in is sourced, without regard to which startup scripts are to be executed. /etc/rc.config.d The configuration information is structured as a directory of files, rather than as a single file containing the same information. This allows developers to create and manage their own configuration files here, without the complications of shared ownership and access of a common file. /etc/rc.config.d/* Files This is where files containing configuration variable assignments are located. Configuration scripts must be written to be read by the POSIX shell, and not the Bourne shell, or In some cases, these files must also be read and possibly modified by control scripts or the sam program. See sd(4) and sam(1M). For this reason, each variable definition must appear on a separate line, with the syntax: No trailing comments may appear on a variable definition line. Comment statements must be on separate lines, with the comment character in column one. This example shows the required syntax for configuration files: Configuration variables may be declared as array parameters when describing multiple instances of the variable configuration. For example, a system may contain two network interfaces, each having a unique IP address and subnet mask (see ifconfig(1M)). An example of such a dec- laration is as follows: Note that there must be no requirements on the order of the files sourced. This means configuration files must not refer to variables defined in other configuration files, since there is no guarantee that the variable being referenced is currently defined. There is no protection against environment variable namespace collision in these configuration files. Programmers must take care to avoid such prob- lems. /etc/TIMEZONE The file contains the definition of the environment variable. This file is required by POSIX. It is sourced by at the same time the files are sourced. SEE ALSO
rc(1M). rc.config(4)