Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding character to spaces in a table Post 302195868 by summer_cherry on Friday 16th of May 2008 05:23:44 AM
Old 05-16-2008
Hi,

Below is the shell to reverse a array, it means put row as column and meanwhile put column as row. Hope useful for you!

input:
Code:
a b c d
A B C D
1 2 3 4

output:
Code:
a A 1
b B 2
c C 3
d D 4

code:
Code:
line=`cat file | wc -l`
nawk -v l="$line" '{
c=NF
for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)
{
	t=sprintf("%s%s",NR,i)
	var[t]=$i
}
}
END{
for(i=1;i<=c;i++)
{
	for(j=1;j<=l;j++)
	{
		t=sprintf("%s%s",j,i)
		printf("%s ",var[t])
	}
	print ""
}
}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Trailing Spaces to a file

I have a text file which is not fixed width. I want to put trailing spaces to each line and make it a 100 byte fixed width file. Can someone please help me as soon as possible? Thanks, Denis (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 222001459
1 Replies

2. Programming

Removing empty spaces and adding commas

I have a file which contains numbers as follows: 1234 9876 6789 5677 3452 9087 4562 1367 2678 7891 I need to remove the empty spaces and add commas between the numbers like: 1234,9876,6789,5677,3452, 9087,4562,1367,2678,7891 Can anyone tell me the command to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding spaces to a line

Is there any command to add spaces to a lline....say i need 50 spaces between the data like "aaabbbccc dddeeefff" or may be like this "aaaabbbbbbcccccdddddeeeffff " your help is appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Adding an extra route to the ip routing table

In my college dorm, there is a file sharing network in the entire building. Problem is, there is only a manual for windows with the settings on how to connect... :mad: They say that you have to give the following command in cmd in windows: route add 172.16.71.0 mask 255.255.255.0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Japie89
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding spaces to record

Hi, I want to print spaces in a trailer record which is a single command. namely the unix command which i already have recs=`wc -l $TargetFileDir/myfile.txt|cut -c1-9`;export recs;echo 'PCPC.DXDINPT.FC0.INPUTFLE.PASS'`date +%Y%m%d``printf '%015d\n' $recs` >> $TargetFileDir/myfile1.txt I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvenkat010
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding spaces for a variable value

Hi, i have to form the header and add fillers(spaces) to it. I have done something like this. i have added 10 spaces at the end HDR="AAAABBBBCCNN " echo $HDR >> file1.dat but the spaces are not being stored in the file. How to add the spaces. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk adding spaces.

I have a file that contains... elm,mail elm,lisp,composer,cd,ls,cd,ls,cd,ls,zcat,|,tar,-xvf,ls,cd,ls,cd,ls,vi,ls,cd,ls,vi,elm,-f,ls,rm,ls,cd,ls,vi,vi,ls,vi,ls,cd,ls,elm,cd,ls,cd,ls,vi,vi,vi,ls,vi,ls,i,vi,ls,cp,cd,fg,ls,rm,cd,ls,-l,exit elm,mail,biff,elm,biff,elm,elm elm,ls ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bandit390
2 Replies

8. Programming

Oracle: adding numbering to a table...

As a disclaimer, I am not a database person. I have some basic knowledge, but my area is in other fields. Please treat me like I am stupid when it comes to this question. An Oracle script has been dumped on me, which I have been able to work out an understanding of, but I need to make a change... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a field to a file using a conversion table

Hello everyone, Here is what i am trying to accomplish. I have a transaction log that I want to to add a field. The fields in the transaction log are tab delimited FYI. My goal is to add a column specifying the category/type to each item purchased. I have created a two column "conversion table"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SpencerClark
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preserve spaces while reading character character

Hi All, I am trying to read a file character by character, #!/bin/bash while read -n1 char; do echo -e "$char\c" done < /home/shak/testprogram/words Newyork is a very good city. Newyorkisaverygoodcityforliving I need to preserve the spaces as thats an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingcobra
3 Replies
Locale::Currency(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Locale::Currency(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. num This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Currency(3perl)